Poll: Are you using the Mana Tea Glyph?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Mana Tea Glyph - Are YOU using it?

I can't bring myself to NOT use it. I hate just sitting there being useless, I can barely even wait the full 10 seconds of a potion of focus without going to sleep. I have been reading through the MW Discussion thread to see quite a mix of people using it and not using it. I was just wondering do you use it, and why/why not?

I personally love the instant 8% mana then having that time between the CD to jab/dps/heal or even just /dance (kidding).

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to drink it for the full duration.

The Glyph is IMO is a not negotiable choice for high end raiding. Being able to consume 2 stacks in a single GCD. Without it, it requires 1 sec per stack of tea consumed.

Its main effect, which a lot of people dont seem to get, is that id frees up a number of GCDs for healing instead of drinking, effectively halving the total time you drink over an encounter.

Its another CD to juggle and i think it raises the skill bar alittle higher as you now have an 8 sec and a 10 sec CD ability to juggle while raiding. Juggling that Mana tea GCD can be tricky when things get hectic, because the normal reaction is to keep healing. So if you consistently miss using the tea on CD when you have a >20k mana deficit, you fall behind on mana.

It takes a while to get used to and in the rhythm, but its worth it.

A good way to manage it is with a weak aura and an audio queue so that if youre not paying attention to the CD, you can have something *ding* in your ear to force you to use it. Think Pavlov's dog

I started off healing using it cause it seemed really nice, but honestly forgot to reglyph it after swapping one of my specs to tank and then back to mistweaver and after an LFR and some 10man I actually much prefer the unglyphed version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am i supposed to use it on cd, or wait for it to gain 2 charges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    You don't need to drink it for the full duration.
    I know that, but during heavy healing periods you can't afford to stop and drink for 3-4 seconds when you can get that mana instantly in 2 uses of the ability (over 10 sec with CD of course)

I glyphed it because of 2 reasons. the first reason is the downtime you have when you are fistweaving. i cannot send too much time go get my mana back, so i use my tea on cd. got a macro to use it with me engi gloves and when they are on cd to use the spirit trinket. the second reason is the constantly managain i have because i use the tea in my "rotation". i try to use it on cd, so i know that after every 10–15 seconds, i get some mana back. this doesn't affect my healingflow after all, so i can focus on other things than my mana and my manatea.
    13/13

Monk

Its main effect, which a lot of people dont seem to get
    Last edited by KernWillia; 2012-11-14 at 08:48 AM.

I like it unglyhped. Worked nicely with Hymn of Hope.

At least thats what I THINK happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    I like it unglyhped. Worked nicely with Hymn of Hope.

At least thats what I THINK happened...
    I can see this being good with multiple priests, but if you only get one Hymn across the fight, you're doubling the time it takes to drink for 4.8% of your mana, which is slightly more than one stack. It does work with Hymn, but it's really not worth using up all those GCDs just for a tiny bit of mana, and you'd have to have a point in the fight with so little healing that you can Hymn and drink for the whole thing, which very rarely happens.

I voted Yes, but the correct response should be Sometimes. It really depends what I'm doing - sometimes I find it really useful, others I prefer not to have it.

See, what I dont get is...healing has NEVER been, "ZOMG MUST SPAM A HEAL EVERY GCD!"

There are ALWAYS lulls in which you can use Unglyphed mana tea. All preference.

This is me not Fistweaving, as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyphed, basically in heroics you will always have 2 stacks of mana tea every single times it comes off CD, chugging that tea in 1 GCD is really the only way to keep up the intense healing requirements.

Sig by the amazing Shyama! <Ascension 16/16 H 25man oceanic>

I'm using it. But come 5.1 I will drop it because of crit procs giving extra stacks. I can see it being optimal in pvp, but if you get lucky with procs you might not be able to chug the stacks fast enough with the glyph in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashim View Post
    I'm using it. But come 5.1 I will drop it because of crit procs giving extra stacks. I can see it being optimal in pvp, but if you get lucky with procs you might not be able to chug the stacks fast enough with the glyph in pve.
    it stacks up to 20 stacks, you can even forget it for a lil while during a damage heavy phase and using it on cooldown when its going normal or slow.

The only real benefits is for fistweaving otherwise you'll rarely cap it glyphed or unglyphed. I actually find myself capping more often unglyphed because I don't wanna stand there doing nothing.

Note: you can use mana tea even if you have only 1 charge and it will still trigger the mana regen and cooldown (10 sec)

10+ Year Old Account
    it's more important for fistweavers and less important for non-fistweavers.

Yes. It's a straight throughput increase. Twice the stacks consumed for the same drink time.

The only time the glyph becomes bad is if you cap mana during the fight for some reason, and if you're capping mana then it doesn't matter about the tea anyway.

Even with double mana tea generation (ie 100% crit) it would be tough to generate more than 2stacks of tea every 10s throughout an entire fight. Exceptions are garalon and heroic will. On realistic terms, 24% crit would still make it almost impossible to generate more than2 stacks of tea throughout the entire fight, so using it on CD should still consume every stack you generate. If you generate more than 2stacks/10seconds throughout the ENTIRE FIGHT at the moment, well then you're lying. It takes 12s to generate 2 mana tea, given some combination of jabx8/upiftx4. Considering you can throw in the glyphed mana tea, that makes it 13s/2tea. To increase that to 2stacks/10s on average you would need at least 30% crit. WHich is unrealistic in the current environment. (I stack crit and have 23.64% while raid buffed.) So yeah. Theres almost no time or place where glyphing it will lose you mana tea stacks.

Honestly, not even sure how you'd be able to heal without it on major aoe fights.

On Garalon by example, jab->jab->uplift takes so much mana that mid-fight you are pretty much oom and have to use tea on cooldown. This makes you able to heal while being oom without any issue.

Plus, what else would you glyph?
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    it's more important for fistweavers and less important for non-fistweavers.
    That is innacurate. Thats like saying the brake peddle in a car is more important for people who drive faster.

It causes you to drink the same amount of tea in half the time. Its a throughput (healing) increase to use the glyph. However it raises the skill bar.

The reason some people dont use it is because it feels inherently weird for a while while you get used to it. Before I actually thought about how mcuh throughput i lost, i tried it in 1 raid and hated it. After realising how much more healing i get by not wasting time drinking, i made myself use it and get used to it. It is the ducks nuts.

people talk about luls, thats when you go in for a bit of fistweaving (smart heals via eminence) and keeping RM rolling. Ther are no real "luls" where you completely stop contributing effective healing if youre smart. Also these Luls generally contribute to a serious amount of passive regen anyways, ie shekzeer add phase.