Poll: Are you happy with wows graphics?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes i am because to me personally graphics dont make the game. if that was the case id hate minecraft or even original mario

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babytaco View Post
    The graphics are a unique style, but some things in game just look terrible and need to be updated. For example: Character models, trees, water falls, etc.
    This pretty much. I wouldn't mind having a little bit more definition in the textures, hire someone new to redesign armor...b/c it looks like shit and has looked like shit since WotLK, but otherwise keep the same aesthetic overall.

Mists is a great job using their 'outdated' style to make something impressive.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a very "special" kinda gfx. so old engine, but polished and nice. I like it.

1. I love the style and don't want it to change to photorealistic or anything else
    2. I want better "technical" parts:
    * more polygons, less edges in models
    * real, not bodypaint armor
    * more frames for more fluid animations

Deleted
    It could use new character models, some spells need their animation improved, but overall the graphics are decent. However, I do believe they should at least improve the overall quality so much, that the game runs well on 3-4 year old PCs, rather than 5-6 year old ones, as it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer my games to look like games, so yes. I really enjoy WoW's graphics.
    There's room for improvements, clearly. But I would not want a complete overhaul, changing everything.

The graphics fit the style of the game. That being said, as it's been mentioned, the original 8 playable races, and BE/Dranei in particular need a model revamp. They look so dated compard to Worgen, Goblin and especially Panda. Nothing is funnier htan going from worgen form to shitty old human form.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

Deleted
    Gameplay > Graphics.
    A lot of newer mmo's might look nicer but are nowhere near as fun.

Deleted
    I think they are fine, since I dont really watch them but when I play a game with bad graphics I dont like the game basicly like I prefer dota 1 to dota 2 mainly because of the graphics if anyone knows dota 2, but also because of the players

No clue why but I hate the Realistic Graphics in most of the new MMOs.

I love WoW's graphics. I guess it's the cartoonish effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

For the game's targetted audience, they aren't bad.

There's room for improvement. I'm impartial.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    For the game's targetted audience, they aren't bad.

There's room for improvement. I'm impartial.
    What do ya mean by targetted audience?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, its not something id quit over in itself, but when i eventually move on, which i think will probably be later on in this expansion, the graphics will be a large part of the decision. I had no interest in TESO until i saw a recent trailer and realised how different the graphics are compared to wow. Rift also appeals to me, but it sounds a bit too hardcore for how much i want to play.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, WoW graphics are fine.

The graphics are what hooked me on WOW in the first place in 2004.
    But I could only imagine how much cooler the original places would look if Blizzard remade the game from scratch with what they are doing today.

I wouldn't want to see a cutting edge realistic graphic set, I want Pixar looking Samwise/Chris Robinson style graphics.

Wildstar looks amazing for a brand new stylized MMO. So did Kingdoms of Amalur:Copernicus.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    No its an old game and it shows.
    Just look at guildwars or rift, they are stunning.
    While wow will probaly still remain the top dog in the mmo genre, it no longer has the "WOH! OMG OMG THAT CITY IS A TREE" look/feel about it. While the olderplayers (myself included) tend to not care so much about looks because we have seen it all, lets be honest, even going to new areas (ex packs) you are not blown away by any detail in the enviroment, you will never have that amazing feeling you had when you first stood outside the walls of Orgrimmar looking up, or that massive run to Ironforge and seeing the city bursting out the mountain. The game is lacking majorly in the grahpics department and i would happily shell out for it to look amazing once more.

Gets the job done, that's what I can say for WoW's graphic engine. I'd happily take a new one if Blizz asked my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't play games for the graphic, i play for the gameplay. I always play on low settings on every game regardless of what game it is to get the best possible performance.

Yes, they are fine, all things considered...especially since, overall, the game feels very fluid. A lot of the character models need updates, and the trees in particular are still atrocious, but the game is still pretty to look at, IMO. Maybe not as pretty as GW2, but WoW looks more fluid than any other MMO I've played, and a lot of that is due to the graphics, and I'd rather have that than a beautiful world that feels fake with things that don't belong.

To many people attribute attempted realism to equal 'better'.

Warcraft has an artistic 'style' and 'creative direction'. IMHO that trumps shiny and realism that developers keep attempting in newer games.