Question LFR weapons loot system for Blood DK

Hello guys,

As for now (and the near future) LFR will offer 2 weapon choices for tanking DK. Those are:

Starshatter (Elegon) - being quite good, although it lacks its own mastery
    Shin'ka execution of dominion (Sha of Fear) – most desirable weapon blood DK can get now.

Current loot system distributes the chance on getting loot depending on the spec of each particular player. In this way, the system limits players from getting other spec gear (let's say Prot pala is unlikely to get spirit plate shoulders). The question is: what is the 'spec-type' set for these weapons? Do I have a chance to get those if I sign as tank? Or I can have one only if I'm dps.

Although the questions might seem quite obvious for some people, I do still have a feeling that the system blocks Starshatter from being lootable for blood in LFR. Would like to know for sure before I spend lucky charms on the attempts to get Shin'ka.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Deleted
    I've recieved 2x elegon 1hand axe as blood dk so I don't think the loot system for weapon is affected by specc... or it means blizzard would like us to go DW blood ^^

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    I've recieved 2x elegon 1hand axe as blood dk so I don't think the loot system for weapon is affected by specc... or it means blizzard would like us to go DW blood ^^
    DW blood is do-able hence the dw runeforges that are tank heavy.

You can check what your eligible by going into the dungeon journal finding the boss that drops it, select loot filter and select your spec
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    DW blood is do-able hence the dw runeforges that are tank heavy.
    Not really, that was for very early on in the DK life cycle, and doesn't really apply anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    You can check what your eligible by going into the dungeon journal finding the boss that drops it, select loot filter and select your spec
    Yea, was thinking about it. Can't check right now, but as I remember Starshatter did not list if filtered by bloodspec-relevant loot. Don't know about Shin'ka. If both are set as dps, that would be sad

i won starshatter today as blood. just to be clear for dks.. u can win 1hander or 2 hander weapon as ANY specc.

then we should not trust spec filters in the journal
    anyway, thanks for confirmation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by devilminion View Post
    i won starshatter today as blood. just to be clear for dks.. u can win 1hander or 2 hander weapon as ANY specc.
    Good to hear and it does make sense. We already know that Druid/Monk tank spec characters are eligible for both tanky trinkets and dps leather/weapons, so it follows that Blood spec DKs would also be eligible for 'dps' weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by devilminion View Post
    still we can not win crit+mastery str ring. please correct me if I'm wrong