Poll: Quick numbers!

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

So, what do people think about this game?
    Give me your opinions, be them anything between "wat" and "I disliked Spyro's new face" and "Hey, that's a nice game!"

Haven't played it. But I have heard good things about it and may check it out one day.

I heard about a new Spyro the Dragon game and got excited. Then I heard that Activision was publishing it.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Dont have it. Wont get it. Not my cup of tea. But apparently others​ like it.

I read somewhere that it's about $180 if you want to obtain all the Skylanders. That was the moment I put any thought of buying it out of my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
    I read somewhere that it's about $180 if you want to obtain all the Skylanders. That was the moment I put any thought of buying it out of my mind.
    Just for the game, it's $70, including the game, portal and I think 3 figures. But yes, if you want 100% in the game, you have to buy extra toys to access extra parts of the game. Typical Activi$ion. Even worse, certain characters do better in certain parts of the game. So you can pay extra money to make the game easier...what the hell. =/

Anyways, when I heard about it, I was like "OH BOY NEW SPYRO! FINALLY!"...and then it turned out like this. From what I hear from people who have played it, Spyro has little involvement in the plot at all, basically just thrown in there to get attention, and the game itself is just another generic hack&slash game with some light platforming and light puzzles. I mean...what the hell? "Spyro's Adventure" and Spyro is essentially a background character. You don't even HAVE to play as him at all. What the hell is Activi$ion trying to pull, here? My best guess is that they only stuck "Spyro" onto the title and slapped him in as a playable character because they knew the game wouldn't be very popular otherwise....or any the generic "Skylanders" characters wouldn't work as a "cover character".

The "Skylanders" themselves are pretty generic and unimaginitive as well..."molten golem", "treant", "ninja", "fish man", etc. etc...I mean, is there a shred of originality in this game?

/yawn. Another crappy game made to milk money from kids, this time using the gimmick of toys. "Future of gaming and toys", eh Activi$ion? I think not. Action figures with memory cards in them are not "new and revolutionary" either.
    Last edited by Vook; 2011-11-03 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

I’ve been a Spryo fanatic since the day it came out. (They bring me back nostalgically when I was a kid playing a video game for the first time) The ones by activison… meh, they were okay…
    Skylanders *pukes* Never…ever…ever…want to hear of that monstrosity….. Spryo is left back in Year of the dragon for me; all of these other games made of him are just alternate universes in my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevintsha View Post
    Spryo is left back in Year of the dragon for me; all of these other games made of him are just alternate universes in my perspective.
    I don't get all the hate over all the non-first-three Spyro games. I mean, there aren't any Spyro games that are really *BAD*, except for Spyro: Orange, Shadow Legacy, and of course, this pile of vomit, if you can even call it a Spyro game. Enter the Dragonfly wasn't *BAD*, it was short, but each level was huge from what I remember. I've also heard of people not liking A Hero's Tail...I actually loved that one, really brought Spyro back to the roots, especially with all the humor in it.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    snip
    I didn't know that there was a new Spyro game, but now that I've read all of that, I don't think I'll be looking into it. That's really, really lame.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I didn't know that there was a new Spyro game, but now that I've read all of that, I don't think I'll be looking into it. That's really, really lame.
    Well, to be fair, on its own, it doesn't seem like a BAD game, it's just that I'm really pissed at Activi$ion for tricking everyone into thinking that it's a Spyro game when it's not. Plus there's the fact that it has the giant "toys as DLC" gimmick which is...a gimmick. There's no reason to have it, the game could do fine without it and just have character unlocks like any other game, but no, this is Activi$ion, and their mission is to milk as much $$$ from people as they possibly can.

tl;dr: Game is decent I guess, but it's not a Spyro game despite being called "Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure" and the toy gimmick is fail.

Looks bad, won't try it.

From what I've seen it hardly looks like any thought was put into it. They just tried making the toys look as kwel as possible so all the five year olds would scream for their parents money.

I don't even understand why they used Spyro of all people. I mean the only range of people I could see this being sold to is children, and how would they even know who Spyro is. It does make me wonder why old Sony characters could never make it past their starter consoles. Crash suffered it too, the only good game there was after the PS ones was the one that introduced Crunch.

Can't wait for it though. Skylanders 2: Crash's Adventure Comes with another 150 toys to bu- er I mean 'collect' and spawn a series that gets more absurd by the generation...
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite not being an OMG SPYRO game like the one we've all been waiting for, I still think this one to be interesting, however costy.
    My friends and I all have different game systems, so being able to "save" our games into the toys is a way to circumvent problems with PvP and co-op ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I don't get all the hate over all the non-first-three Spyro games. I mean, there aren't any Spyro games that are really *BAD*, except for Spyro: Orange, Shadow Legacy, and of course, this pile of vomit, if you can even call it a Spyro game. Enter the Dragonfly wasn't *BAD*, it was short, but each level was huge from what I remember. I've also heard of people not liking A Hero's Tail...I actually loved that one, really brought Spyro back to the roots, especially with all the humor in it.
    I never said that I didn't like the other Spyro's outside of the first three. The ones other than the first three are fun, but the gameboy versions and skylanders...*shuders*
    Last edited by Nevintsha; 2011-11-03 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevintsha View Post
    I never said that I didn't like the other Spyro's outside of the first three. The ones other than the first three are fun, but the gameboy versions and skylanders...*shuders*
    Yeah, the GBA games were a mixed bag. I remember Season of Ice was fucking hard, especially the impossible Speedways that were "Perfection or GTFO" basically. Season of Flame fixed a lot of Ice's problems and was generally a better game, and then Attack of the Rhynocs got boring really fast with the whole "item collection chain" style of item collection. And it was also short. And then Spyro: Orange was just a piece of shit minigame-game, I couldn't play past the first level, it just turned me off that much.

herp derp looks alright

Post constructively. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-11-04 at 03:23 AM.

Deleted
    I have Skylander Spyro's Adventure and in 3DS. But the character is Dark Spyro intead of Spyro. But pretty good game. Well I brought three Spyro's game called "The Beginning, Elemental Night and Dawn the Dragon".