Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Stormwind all the way. More people have seen Stormwind than Silvermoon and will be able to visualize the difference between your awesome work and the crappy graphics of WoW. The second picture you linked could have easily been a room in one of the buildings in Stormwind.

The first picture reminds me of the Addams Family.
    Statix will suffice.

Looks terrible. The detail and realness hurt my eyes. Will keep my cartoon graphics ty.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Thanks for all the comments guys.

I will let you know what I have decided and post some work in progress images if you want me to.
    My aim is to still keep that WoW visual style, whilst making everything look more realistic, similar to the cinematics... but hey..those are of insane quality and a whole team of people far better than me work on them . Your help is very much appreciated, thanks again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Lol, what the hell are you talking about? if they changed WoW to look like that, it would destroy the WoW feeling, It doesn't matter if they were based on realistic enviroments, because they are not finished to look like that, the "cartoony" look is what people like with WoW's graphics, seriously, make some sense before jumping on someones back

OT, i think you do an awesome job SW i would love to see because of the architecture
    WoW and Warcraft in general always used realistic CGI for their work outside the game. It never destroyed the game nor the franchise; how many people actually wait for the xpac cinematics to be released? A lot, and none actually complain because it looks completely awesome and realistic. Beside, WoW ain't cartoon but semi-realistic. Torchlight II is cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Senderos View Post
    Thanks for all the comments guys.

I will let you know what I have decided and post some work in progress images if you want me to.
    My aim is to still keep that WoW visual style, whilst making everything look more realistic, similar to the cinematics... but hey..those are of insane quality and a whole team of people far better than me work on them . Your help is very much appreciated, thanks again!
    Can't wait to see your project come to life!
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2012-11-17 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Senderos, When you have time could you try, Darnassus, Teldrassil, Moonglade, Thunder Bluff or Nordrassil ? Yes I'm a hardcore Druid.

Awesome job i'm really looking forward to the other pictures, the first 2 blew my mind.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would really love to see Orgrimmar - it even has some colo diversity, depending on the Troll/Tauren/Goblin area or even the Drag compared to the rest.

But if it could be anything, I would also like more lore related places, like the Dark Portal, Black Temple, Andorhal, Eastern Plaguelands... you get the picture.

I think Undercity would work great with what you're going for.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    WoW and Warcraft in general always used realistic CGI for their work outside the game. It never destroyed the game nor the franchise; how many people actually wait for the xpac cinematics to be released? A lot, and none actually complain because it looks completely awesome and realistic. Beside, WoW ain't cartoon but semi-realistic. Torchlight II is cartoon.
    Yeah watching the Lich King cinematic again, if they made an entire movie with that CGI I would pay to see it instantly. It is so beautiful and just visually stunning.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judic View Post
    I think the gates of Ironforge would be cool to see also..
    This! /Approved
    Memories of when I saw the vanilla cinematic for the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    Welcome to your first expension to an MMO, ever. While there were issues, it was a smooth launch, more or less.

If this WASN'T your first expansion to an MMO, please wait patiently while I look for nice and sturdy palm tree to ram your face against.

That is unreal quality friend, LOVE It.

Dancing Troll Village in honor and memory of those proud dance machines!

It's obvious now what I have chosen to re-create , sorry to the people who expected something else.

So, here is where I am at the moment with the gate of Silvermoon. I will post some more updates as I progress. Thanks!

Last edited by Senderos; 2012-11-22 at 04:02 PM.

Yay, my favourite city! I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread, great work!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    No offense, but while your graphics are brilliant, they are not realistic. More realistic would be a more appropriate description.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Yes, and it is outside the game that the CGI works. Make the actual game look like that? It wouldn't be Warcraft.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Orgrimmar.

Imagine looking down from a zeppelin on a clear night. Just try it out in-game with 'ultra' settings, it looks great. Your image would have amazing depth and detail, and of course plenty of mood.

EDIT: Silvermoon is a nice city but it doesn't capture the dark, warmongering theme WoW always incorporates.

Hello again,

Thought I`d share the stage I`m at right now. This is still very much -work in progress- , but your suggestions and criticism would be helpful. I`m trying to match the feel of Silvermoon and the Blood Elf race. Thanks!

Last edited by Senderos; 2012-11-30 at 05:17 AM.

Deleted
    I belive some of these blocks in the wall might look better if they were redish (unlike in game) with golden ornaments on the edges or something like that. Just not too much so general wall color theme stays white. Golden ornaments alone would be good to I think.

Deleted
    This is looking really nice. Eager to see how it comes along. Do Orgrimmar or Stormwind next!