Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Oh man I've never seen you around here in my life and I'm already hoping it actually happened and you got your desired fame.
    Wow, you actually thought I was serious that liberals would be cheering that a bunch of conservatives died.

"the man had threatened to stab and kill a walmart employee and stalked them for several days."
    and yet he had no trouble purchasing guns...

10+ Year Old Account
    "Almost dying" the way you described in the OP is literally common fare for every human being on this planet. I.e. bad stuff almost happening to you. To quote Norwegian philosopher/author Jostein Gaarder, from his book The Solitaire Mystery:

"You have thousands of ancestors, and every one of these have survived, dodged and avoided natural disasters, wars, epidemics, lethal accidents, murder, and every single other thing that can kill a person. They all avoided this long enough to get children, and the current end result is you. In a way, we are all winners in the most amazingly complex lottery in existence!" Quoted from memory, so assume some inaccuracy, but you get the point.

When it comes to political viewpoints in this particular case, ignore it. Any story can be spun any way, and nobody in this thread will change their pro/anti-stance on guns. I am anti, and I have no delusions about being able to 'convert' any pro-person in this thread. You have to be realistic about these things.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    That's so weird, I didn't know that crime rates rose and fell based simply on gun control. Really though gun control is a good thing, and it isn't simply a Freedom debate (a word that lets be honest gets thrown around so much its lose almost all meaning) its a safety debate. I would much rather worry about one armed crazy shooting a theater than I would one armed crazy and an armed less crazy person thinking he's playing a movie role trying to stop it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    Again, do your research before making ignorant and uninformed posts. Europe has always had relatively low violent crime rates. In fact, it wasn't until Europe started to take away their citizens' fundamental natural rights that their violent crime rates started to drastically increase. Every study ever conducted shows that gun control empowers criminals and increases violent crime rates. You can go "HURR DURR EUROPE" all you want, but the fact of the matter is that gun control not only took away your freedom, but also made the countries more dangerous. Look at the statistics and the facts by people who (unlike you) actually know what they are talking about.

No, I don't feel afraid at the theaters or in general, however, I'd rather be prepared, should the need arise. Fear is being an idiot who wants to take away our freedom in the name of "security." You have such an irrational fear of guns that you want to hurt law-abiding citizens and empower criminals, just so you can have a false-sense of security.

Wrong. There is not a single statistic that shows concealed carry increases violent crime, all of the evidence shows that it lowers it. Even other countries have begun adopting concealed carry, after it has been hailed as a success in America; including European countries.
    Well you are a standard brainwashed american with no concept of reality.
    No point in talking to you.
    Have fun in your gun crazed delusion, dont shot yourself in the foot some day

PS: Not a singel thing you have said has been correct, no facts at all just opinions.
    And btw, i have no fear of guns as im a member of a gun club and shoot atleast 2 times a month.

If you had something that you felt was a brush with death and one of your first thoughts afterwards was to go post about those stupid fucking liberals on a message board, you probably have some issues that you need to work through.

qq qq liberals, qq qq i hate liberals

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    "Almost dying" the way you described in the OP is literally common fare for every human being on this planet. I.e. bad stuff almost happening to you. To quote Norwegian philosopher/author Jostein Gaarder, from his book The Solitaire Mystery:

"You have thousands of ancestors, and every one of these have survived, dodged and avoided natural disasters, wars, epidemics, lethal accidents, murder, and every single other thing that can kill a person. They all avoided this long enough to get children, and the current end result is you. In a way, we are all winners in the most amazingly complex lottery in existence!" Quoted from memory, so assume some inaccuracy, but you get the point.

When it comes to political viewpoints in this particular case, ignore it. Any story can be spun any way, and nobody in this thread will change their pro/anti-stance on guns. I am anti, and I have no delusions about being able to 'convert' any pro-person in this thread. You have to be realistic about these things.
    Yes, I know how I described it, I was joking. As much as liberals hate Americans, I'm sure they wouldn't cheer on the murder of dozens of Americans anymore than a conservative would cheer on the Norwegian mass murderer.

after the cbsnews hate article on Miku, i stopped paying attention to any garbage they have to say.. you all should do the same

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to call bs on OP. Local news (my best friend lives in Springfield). The guy had bought tickets for the Sunday screening, which is tomorrow. So you came nowhere near dying, and honestly i question whether or not you even live in Springfield.

This seems like an attention seeking thread.

This is local news:
    http://www.news-leader.com/viewart/2...b|topnews|text
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

So you make a dumb post, saying you almost died, to start an argument about gun control? What is all this shit about Obama and the liberals wanting to take yer guns? Is this really how people in the south think? There are those who would want to take all guns away, but I'm fairly certain Obama never said that, and many liberals don't want to do that either. Starting a thread like this for the sake of a dumb argument makes you look as dumb as the typical southerner stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    So you make a dumb post, saying you almost died, to start an argument about gun control? What is all this shit about Obama and the liberals wanting to take yer guns? Is this really how people in the south think? There are those who would want to take all guns away, but I'm fairly certain Obama never said that, and many liberals don't want to do that either. Starting a thread like this for the sake of a dumb argument makes you look as dumb as the typical southerner stereotype.
    Anyone with half a brain can see that Obama and the liberals are no friends of gun rights. Nice straw-man though, kiddo, I'm not even from the South. Since when do only people from the South care about freedom? Look at Obama's record, and then try to tell me that he doesn't support gun control. I really wish ignorant people would just shut the fuck up about things they know nothing about.

Deleted
    Anyone with half a brain can see that Obama and the liberals are no friends of gun rights. Nice straw-man though, kiddo, I'm not even from the South. Since when do only people from the South care about freedom? Look at Obama's record, and then try to tell me that he doesn't support gun control. I really wish ignorant people would just shut the fuck up about things they know nothing about.
    Freedom and guns are NOT connected!
    Stop trying to make gun control a freedom issue, it is not.

Rationally explain how freedom and guns are the same please.

Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    Freedom and guns are NOT connected!
    Stop trying to make gun control a freedom issue, it is not.

Rationally explain how freedom and guns are the same please.
    The right to bear arms is fundamental right all sapient beings have.

All sapient beings have the right to life, liberty, and property. The right to bear arms (self defense) stems from the right to life.

All sapient beings have the right to life, liberty, and property. The right to bear arms (self defense) stems from the right to life.
    I don't think you know what that means.

I also want to add this.

I really wish ignorant people would just shut the fuck up about things they know nothing about.
    Dunning-Kruger? I believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    I don't think you know what that means.
    The ability to reason. So in other words, humans and other intelligent lifeforms.

Deleted

That was just very very funny!!!
    if you fail to see how stupid this is... ah well you do fail to see how stupid this is.

Here are the human rights:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights

Hint: it sais nothing about guns

And im not againts guns - im against any moron beeing able to carry guns and doing so in places like the movies or the store im shopping in.
    Like in the USA...

One could argue that the ability to possess and use a weapon that can take a life is an infringement on others' right to life.

Edit- I should note that I am a proponent of second amendment rights. Just not faulty logic.

The ability to reason. So in other words, humans and other intelligent lifeforms.
    *BZZT* Wrong. You would think that you would have googled that at least. What is the phrase I am thinking about.. oh yeah! It is something you said in this thread.

I really wish ignorant people would just shut the fuck up about things they know nothing about.
    Although I will admit that even then that is a bit extreme. Hmm, oh well. I am sure it gets the point across rather well to you.