Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Woah, guy. He may be wrong in his reasoning, but at least he's being civil in his responses. He doesn't deserve that... does he?
    If you ask me, he does. He's just hating for the sake of sating. Not to mention most of his replies are kinda forced and...well stupid.

Putting that aside, I would love to have skirmishes back. Those were really fun, maybe not ideal for practising, but fun. If they ever bring skirmishes back, they could also add option where you could que against another skirmishers based on your 2s/3s mmr. So basically you'd be able to practise with your own lvl opponents without fear of losing. Wargames are just fail, big fail.

Deleted
    Firebert, why are you still argueing? There is currently no alternative skirmish, unless you happen to know people who are avialable and want to queue up for wargames.
    Skrimishes were used to test out your partners, test addon settings, try out alternative specs and strategies, and just for fun having fun without costing you a rating loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    There is currently no alternative skirmish, unless you happen to know people who are avialable and want to queue up for wargames.
    Skrimishes were used to test out your partners, test addon settings, try out alternative specs and strategies, and just for fun having fun without costing you a rating loss.
    I already said that twos already fills that role.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I just can't believe that anyone can say with a straight face that they don't want skirmishes back period. This thread reeks of trolling.

And it baffles me how Blizzard can remove Skirmish (under the pretext of it not being used (???)), but implement War Games (which NOBODY uses).

A lot of players actually left over that debacle. My flatmate is one (he spent most of his time at max level playing skirmishes solo).
    Last edited by ethzero; 2012-11-18 at 10:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ethzero View Post
    I just can't believe that anyone can say with a straight face that they don't want skirmishes back period.
    If they can come back with a non-exploitable reward attached to them, then they can come back (as that's in line with Blizzard's standpoint of "rewarding everything"). Otherwise, twos already fills the role that Skirmishes filled.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    If they can come back with a non-exploitable reward attached to them, then they can come back (as that's in line with Blizzard's standpoint of "rewarding everything"). Otherwise, twos already fills the role that Skirmishes filled.
    Hey firebert i got my 250k ach by doing the AV preform farming/camping GYs in AV :*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    By your own admission, there is no substitute to skirmishes. Doing 2v2 can "increase synergy" and make you more oiled as a team, if you spend three times the amount of time compared to what you would in skirmishes. Doing 2v2 can also be for many a way to increase their conquest cap, which means they probably don't want to ruin it over some dumbass practice rounds in which they will be "fucking about", y'know for fun.

I also want to point out that you've developed something of a bad habit. I'm going to be quotebombing, the out of context nature of this shouldn't put you in a bad light however:

"Both (skirmishes and war games) are a waste of time and space.

You're supposed to test Arena mods on the PTR, your abilities on live and hone your PvP skills in the PvP areas provided (be it Random BGs on the PTR or Arena on live)."

That's fact, is it? You're telling people, completely different than your fine self, what they are supposed to do in regards to something like this? Yeah, I hope you can see how that has a bad effect on your point. To keep the argument going in a way that you are familiar with; You're not supposed to state bullshit such as that as if it was fact.

"You get nothing out of them. No points, no rating, nothing."

False, and made worse by the fact that you then said "Someone has a Bertrand Russel quote in their signature that reads along the lines of "Time wasted whilst having fun is time well spent". And I agree with it.". This is a videogame; you cannot call out what is fun and what isn't. Fuck, I remember as a kid I had this friend who only enjoyed playing Doom if the monsters were set to never spawn. People like different things, and don't be the fool by thinking you can set some standard.

You argue with an hilarious double standard, and it is made outright annoying by the fact you think you're right. Now, normally I wouldn't care to post such a "long" post in response to an obvious troll; But cut it out. Sit and think for a second about what you are arguing. You're arguing that people should jump through several hoops in order to achieve something that they could've done easily in the past through the use of the skirmish function, all the the while "defending" the removal of said skirmish system because it was, according to you, "not worth its while and pointless" when it is so damned obvious that people used it for several legit reasons. You even agree with the reasons for which it was being used, but you're in favor of the arbitrary cockblock of either having to get PTR up and running or spending three times the amount of time in 2v2, which comes with it own set of negatives.
    Last edited by mmoc1256561eea; 2012-11-18 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    Putting that aside, I would love to have skirmishes back. Those were really fun, maybe not ideal for practising, but fun. If they ever bring skirmishes back, they could also add option where you could que against another skirmishers based on your 2s/3s mmr. So basically you'd be able to practise with your own lvl opponents without fear of losing. Wargames are just fail, big fail.
    That would be a fun option -- although I can see the queues taking a while.

Quote Originally Posted by AiAtola View Post
    The should just had the solo queue to arenas/rbg, no need for skirmishes.
    Haha no way. I already quit leauge of lengends because of solo que. People will just rage all day due to "bad teammates" which may or maynot be true. I can't deal with trolls and baddies. Besides the fourms would just fill up with more ragers. I prefer to pick my team...