Poll: Wow's best bad guy overall

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    Mal'Ganis. In my opinion, half the shit that went down with Arthas wouldn't have been remotely possible without Mal'Ganis pushing his buttons, guiding him towards Kel'Thuzad and all the other crazy shit.
    Pretty much the Nathrezim as a whole. They've done more damage to Azeroth than any other part of the Burning Legion could've ever dreamt of achieving, if you factor all the shit in which they triggered. Azshara/Medivh/Archimonde/Kil'Jaeden's Horde + Scourge didn't have half the impact the Scourge under Arthas' leadership had (that might be a bit over exaggerated, but you get my point). Also, Archimonde wouldn't have even been able to enter Azeroth without the Dread Lords.

EDIT: Forget my first point, I forgot about the whole War of the Ancients thing...

Deathwing. He *actually* partially accomplished what he set out to do. None of the other ones did or even came close.

This poll is just cruel. Arthas, Illidan, KT, Guldan, etc. have all been fascinating villains, especially when reading on them and playing WC3 campaign.

But the poll states "WoW's" villain so my vote goes to Arthas as an entire xpac centered near entirely around him (even moreso than tBC was around Illidan).

Overall Warcraft Lore tho my mental vote goes to Guldan, the #1 warlock with a list of heinous crimes.

Deleted
    Kil'jaeden... On sunwell, we only got a small taste of his power... I hope he will come back on next expansion as a mega boss.

Deleted
    Arthas will always win this kind of polls.

Also because i too vote for him.

I even did my own wc3 maps with him as protagonist for how much i like him.

The Lich King. The development of his character was absolutely fantastic, seeing him all the way back in 2002/3-ish in WC3 up until 3.3.

Chills still run down my spine when I watch the cinematic. Stunning to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeper View Post
    It's not right, but it's not really frowned upon so much either. A man hits a woman and he's a terrible excuse for a human being and should be put in jail. A woman hits a man and the man is a wimp for feeling pain.

Either way, if you have a penis, you lose.

I voted for Sargeras. If you think about it, almost every bad thing that has happened story wise can be linked to him somehow. I can't wait til Blizz starts focusing on him more. I hope they do it soon.

Easily the Lich King. He has done so much damage in Lordaeron, and attacked the rest of the world during the Scourge invasion. Countless of people lost their families at the hands of the Scourge, as said by pretty much all NPC''s in Stormwind and Orgrimmar. If you've witnessed the death knight starting area, you'd see how ruthless they work with their enemies.

The Lich King is Warcraft's true villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    EDIT: Why so much love for The EMO King?
    Indeed, why does Illidan have so much votes?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Easily the Lich King. He has done so much damage in Lordaeron, and attacked the rest of the world during the Scourge invasion. Countless of people lost their families at the hands of the Scourge, as said by pretty much all NPC''s in Stormwind and Orgrimmar. If you've witnessed the death knight starting area, you'd see how ruthless they work with their enemies.

The Lich King is Warcraft's true villain.

Indeed, why does Illidan have so much votes?!
    I do like illidan too but .. i was wondering the same thing.

We know the king in these polls is Arthas..

Oh dear..

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Lich King is by far the best baddie. A true villain in every sense of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    We know the king in these polls is Arthas..
    He is the one TRUE king!

But sadly... no king rules forever

The Lich King.

Better development, better interaction with the playerbase (hell, you get to play as him in Warcraft 3, and even in a few quests in Icecrown), very well done fight and satisfying send-off.

Others that deserve a mention... Illidan for me earns second place, another loved character that we also get to control. The Old Gods, overall, pretty awesome villains, misterious, powefull and deadly.

Deathwing... This was sad. He had a lot of potential pre-Cataclysm. But Blizzard fucked up badly in his development in-game. He is only awesome in the books.

The Sha are coming strong as well right now. If Blizzard does this right, we might have an interesting villain ahead.

Deleted
    Got to be Gul'dan, without him the orc's wouldnt be all blood crazed and stuff

The Lich king by far.

Yog Sarron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LK

Deleted
    The Lich King. In terms of the significance to both factions and the effects he has had on both sides (annihilating Lordaeron and birthing the Forsaken and nearly destroying Quel'Thalas and the Sunwell) and the subsequent Alliance and Horde thirst for vengeance and desire for his demise, the intimacy of our insights into his past (through WC3 and a book dedicated to him) and his classic "fallen-hero" origins, none of the other villains can compare to the Lich King and the impact we have witnessed him have first-hand on Azeroth and its denizens.

He's the only villain in WoW that I have encountered so far who made me feel like I had a personal vendetta against him. That's what a well-established antagonist should invoke. A pity about the happenings with Bolvar though...

Quote Originally Posted by Braethias View Post
    Deathwing. He *actually* partially accomplished what he set out to do. None of the other ones did or even came close.
    Mal'Ganis did what he set out to do... he set Arthas up to become the Lich King.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

10+ Year Old Account
    garrosh just look at all the pain he causes by existing

Deleted
    I voted Lich King and I doubt anyone else will come close. Out of all those on the list he's had the most development in the lore. Deathwing could have come close to that but they screwed up royally with him.

Watching the journey of Arthas to become Lich King and merge with Ner'zhul was epic and the chance to take him down can never be topped by any other raid boss they make because he had so much history behind him. He was the one villain that was outside the boundaries of either Alliance or Horde and one both sides wanted to destroy utterly. (Illidan doesn't really count, he's more of an anti-hero if you ask me).

The whole experience in wrath really felt connected to the old RTS games and was the first real time I felt one.

I really think Blizz made a mistake and used him too early. He was the one villian that most Wow veterans wanted to go toe to toe with.

Lich King. He looks cool, has a cool voice. He was such a badass his name was even in the title of the xpac he was in. Nice to see so many people agree with me. As of right now more than 60% of the people that have taken the poll agree. WoTLK was a pretty shitty xpac but you can't blame the lich king for that