[Movie] Paranormal Activity 4

Did u watch it soo far? Im probably gonna watch it soon, if u didnt take a look here at the trailer :

youtube.com/watch?v=itcgUO9yEWA&feature=plcp

Deleted
    I watched it, glad i torrented it because it was AWFUL.

How do u mean that, as scary or just bad movie in general?

Deleted
    cant be any worse than the previous ones.
    First one was pretty good, the subsequent sequels though.
    Mind you it cant be any worse than Apollo 18 Which really should have been named Paranormal Activity : The luna incident.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimazaki View Post
    How do u mean that, as scary or just bad movie in general?
    Both. The movie isn't scary. There are ZERO scares in the entire paranormal activity series. The only scares are BAM LOUD NOISE. That isn't a scare, its a startle. A scare is psychological. The Paranormal Activity movies are the same thing as someone dropping something heavy. If you like watching a movie that is literally 75% shots of empty rooms, enjoy.

Oh okay, hehe, i personally didnt like much 3rd part, however i watched all parts soo far soo im probably gonna watch 4th part aswell. Anyway looks like this is gonna be bad part aswell since every1 that commented here said movie was pretty bad hehe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Both. The movie isn't scary. There are ZERO scares in the entire paranormal activity series. The only scares are BAM LOUD NOISE. That isn't a scare, its a startle. A scare is psychological. The Paranormal Activity movies are the same thing as someone dropping something heavy. If you like watching a movie that is literally 75% shots of empty rooms, enjoy.
    Oh lordy, "In my opinion" is missing somewhere in there. As for the scares comments, wrong. Loud noises will startle for sure, but saying there are zero scares in the entire series is just...silly. When the baby is being messed with in one of them, that COULD strike fear into parents (you'll find out one day I suppose), when the lady is being dragged around the house down the stairs etc, that could also be scary to some people, I know a few people who couldn't get that scene out of their head for a few days, but I guess that's not PSYCHOLOGICAL enough for you.

This movie series is hit and miss, a real marmite series. I personally enjoyed the 1st and 2nd, the 3rd wasn't too great, not sure if I will bother seeing the 4th. Gets the heart racing from time to time. Some moments will stick in your head.

Deleted
    If you like watching a movie that is literally 75% shots of empty rooms, enjoy.
    Only 75%? You're generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    When the baby is being messed with in one of them, that COULD strike fear into parents
    Except any parent should know it's not real and could never happen. Ideas are scary. Watching shit move across the floor in a fictitious movie is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

funny, cause the whole series scares me shitless. to the point i actually can't watch it alone cause I fucking freak out. on the other hand, I find most 'normal' horror movies not scary at all.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    funny, cause the whole series scares me shitless. to the point i actually can't watch it alone cause I fucking freak out. on the other hand, I find most 'normal' horror movies not scary at all.
    It's weird in that way, some do find it scary while others don't it varies from person to person.

Personally I find them to be boring.

I've always said that the first two Paranormal Activity films are scary because of the whole 'home intruder' aspect. It doesn't have to be an invisible demon; there could just literally be someone inside your house, moving around while you're asleep. Because of this, it's quite unrealistic to suggest that the first two films at least are not 'scary'. They work on a very psychological level. The first one in particular has very little actually happen and only has one, or, maybe two 'startling' moments.

Some people may miss a lot of the tension created by the demon's presence though, due to its arrival only being signalled by a deep bass rumble. For those that can hear the particular frequency being toyed with, you become aware whenever the demon is near, even in scenes not designed to make you jump or expect anything - you're just aware that it's there, waiting.

PA 3 got a bit silly in my opinion though and PA 4 is just bad in general. It really is a jump-scare movie and nothing more.

Seen only the first three - didn't bother seeing the fourth as I'm sick and tired of prequels.

Does the forth one actually go FORWARD from the first story? Or is the story another damn prequel, this time perhaps being filmed in silent 8mm tape in the early 1970s? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Seen only the first three - didn't bother seeing the fourth as I'm sick and tired of prequels.

Does the forth one actually go FORWARD from the first story? Or is the story another damn prequel, this time perhaps being filmed in silent 8mm tape in the early 1970s? :P
    Its basically the same thing, new family, same demon. Girl from first movie comes back

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Its basically the same thing, new family, same demon. Girl from first movie comes back
    Ahh then im glad i only saw the first. without watching the 2nd i already knew it was kinda like wow. More of the same being released.

Pater! In manus tuas committo spiritum meum!

Deleted
    not scary at all. 4/10