Get DBM to look much more like DXE?

I have been a DXE user for 2 years, and it saddens me to see that the project is now dead.

Basically, it gave me around 10 seconds more uptime on Ultraxion due to better showing and more accurate bars. I would usually click when RL told me at around 3 seconds, with DXE I clicked at 0.2 seconds, I never died.

So, I miss some things, well, most things from DXE. The yellow flash when it is me that need to click (MoP equivalent of Fading Light would be to get our of Spirit Realm on Gara?) the extra action button, the colors on the bars (different colors and so on, some where yellow, some blue, depending on what and who they could hit), and the extra digits on the counters on the bars. Having 1.1 second, nah, I want 1.11 or preferably 1.119. The more accurate, the better, to a certain point.

Main problem is DXE is dead, so this means I want DBM to act as much as DXE as possible. On a small side note, the DXE bars flow much more fluently over the screen than DBM, they move a bit, then just jump to the big bar position. I want them to just flow the whole way, one animation, and they all go on say, 6 seconds, as I am RLing, and 6 seconds is when I give 5 second timer over TS.

Deleted
    isn't bigwigs now being developed by the ex DXE folks?

Tbh, I am not sure. It might be, but BigWigs is inferior to DBM, and DBM is inferior to DXE by a far bit, imho.

So if they are, they still need to get their asses in gear, and get BigWigs more configurable and better than it is now.

I wonder if that I need lies deep within the secrets of LUA-code, which I can not take a look at without puking in confusion.

DXE and team speak all in the same paragraph. *head explodes*

Well, it is all up to personal preferences. Imo, DBM and BW look butt ugly, and is far from as pliable to what I want, as DXE is. I just work better with DXE, and am a better player with DXE.

And TS... Well, that is the guild officers decision. I said I could set up a free Vent for the guild since our TS is unstable, but they want to keep to TS... Nothing to do here!

A Norwegian, joy!

On the other hand, it is not illegal, as as far as I remember, it is all under GPL and other free as in free to use stuff, can I, if I know LUA (not that I do), check all timers, percentages and stuff like that from DBM, and rewrite it to DXE as a new module for the new raids, as long as the base part of DXE still works?

Quote Originally Posted by Fesk View Post
    but BigWigs is inferior to DBM,
    Uhm what the fuck?

I think I said imho.

If you don't agree with my opinion, and then mean that I am wrong, go to hell. I know what I think, done deal. What you mean I should think, I don't care. I prefer DBM over BW, and DXE is overall the best bossmod FOR MY USE!