10+ Year Old Account

Couple of veteran WoW contemplating starting again. Is it worth it?

Hey there guys, we've been thinking about possibly starting to play WoW again. We both haven't played for almost a year now (I think... we stopped sometime before the second tier of raid dungeons in cataclysm). One of us started playing back in Vanilla, the other started just before Burning Crusade launched. We've heard a lot of good things about the new xpac and we were just curious, is the game still "fun"? I know that is quite a broad statement, but we are just looking for opinions. We (We = GameDrunks, there's 2 of us btw) just started a YouTube commentary channel and we were thinking that if WoW is worth coming back too and it isn't as big of a time siphon as it used to be, we might play it on our show. Anyway, any info would be appreciated.

Cheers!

You're going to get a lot of mix answers here on these forums. There are people who love this expansion and see little wrong about it, and you will see people who loath it with every inch of their bodies. The best thing for you can do is watch videos about the expansion and base how you feel about it because you will find many mix opinions here.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I think that "isn't as big of a time siphon as it used to be" is a key phrase that I find might fail you here. Blizzard wasn't lying when they said that one of their main focuses in the expansion is more endgame content. Overall, in my opinion, it gives the game a bit more of a grindy feel, though there certainly is a point where you can get "over the hump" when your reputations with factions are high enough (Revered for valor gear access, Exalted for shinies).

That being said, there's always the option to not push yourself and go a bit slower.

tl;dr more endgame content than ever for any level of play, you can choose how much of it you want to partake in