Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Does it even matter? I mean if you were able to play back then then great but some people like to lie so they can fit in

10+ Year Old Account
    I has scout I would have the Tabard of the Protector achiev as well, but that's on a second account (initially used in Vanilla for a load of bank characters, back when we had our own raiding guild) that has been inactive for quite some time ... Other than that I don't really see how else to identify a player as having played in Vanilla.

I have played in the Korean beta (Googling for social security numbers FTW), but didn't start on day 1 in vanilla. Being unemployed was shit ... Started in Februari 2005 I believe. Does the payment history on B.net go back that far?

Edit: But I have to agree, a lot of people seem to put a lot of weight on the fact that they played the game since Vanilla or TBC which is mostly a because they don't want to get labeled as a 'Wrath baby' or whichever, but to me the only thing playing since vanilla means is: I enjoyed a game enough to still be playing it after 8 years
    Last edited by Detheavn; 2012-11-20 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    No need to be offended at all by this unless you have something to hide?
    Obvious Troll Solo is obvious. You succeeded in getting more bites. 5/10

Don't post to call people a troll
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-20 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowjobs View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br1hXGXJ7Tg

Realy who would want to go back to this crap.
    11112111121111211112 for 20 mins no ty
    Indeed. It's a shame most people don't remember how it REALLY was and look through those rose colored goggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Because obviously VANILLA AND TBC WAS DAH BEST GUIZEEE
    TBC certainly wasn't the worst, in my eyes.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I started playing on a US server about 6-8 months (really dont remember now) before TBC came out. However due to the issues getting the expansion (I got the original game electronically and blizzard at the time said I would have to get the boxed set for TBC shipped to me from the states as they wernt making an electronic version) I ended up deleting my characters (lvl60 hunter and lvl40 druid) and starting again with an EU copy of the game about 2-3 months before TBC came out. In my case both accounts were vanilla accounts - but it could so easily have been that I started my EU account months or years later. There would be no "link" to my previous account.

I also know someone that got her account hacked and instead of contacting blizzard and getting it sorted (she had about 6+ lvl80+ toons) she just made a new account and started from scratch.

People do start new accounts - actually I have currently 2 EU accounts for some time as I ran out of character slots! - before battle.net account wide achievements you would have no clue when someone started playing really.

I played during Classic, the only achievement on my account telling you that is the "Private" title on a level 61 Rogue I haven't touched since BC.
    I made a second account mid BC, which later turned into my main account. The only character I transferred to it, was that Rogue.
    So based upon looking at my achievements, its hard to say I didn't play Classic, but I actually did. And you would have no way in judging that, if I didn't tell you.

Point I'm trying to make is, who the fuck cares if someone lies if they played Classic, or BC. They are the ones that missed out at the end of the day.

Some people really need to stop worrying about the little things in life, that really don't effect them much..

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    Nearly everyone you see making these comments you can armory ninja them to find they started playing in wrath or cata not classic or TBC.

Nah, you really can't. Even if his/her main char started 2 years ago, he could have played on another account.

Why lie? dunno, I guess they feel kind of "complexed" for some reason.

i played back in vanilla and got banned on that account for powerleveling people. the account im currently on started in bc. i have spirit of comp.people want to be from vanilla and tbc for all sorts of reasons. it was THE time in wow history when things were fresh and new . as grindy as it was it also had great things about it. ahh well. i am glad ive been playing this long to see the game evolve the way it has. i dont blame people for wanting to belong to those who did.

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    i played back in vanilla and got banned on that account for powerleveling people. the account im currently on started in bc. i have spirit of comp.people want to be from vanilla and tbc for all sorts of reasons. it was THE time in wow history when things were fresh and new . as grindy as it was it also had great things about it. ahh well. i am glad ive been playing this long to see the game evolve the way it has. i dont blame people for wanting to belong to those who did.
    It definitely is true that Vanilla and even TBC was a good time for wow because it was still "new" - people were still exploring the game - not just the locations. The problem now - and imo the biggest reason for all the "omg vanilla was the best" threads is because of nostalgia. We REMEMBER the communities back then - even though I am in the same guild I started in early TBC it isn't the same now. Back then we were discovering things - places - ways of playing. Now its very much the same. I love the new content Blizzard puts out personally - but it is 100% impossible to recapture the AWE I felt when I first rode into Nagrand, or sat upon my own griffin for the first time and flew around outland. Those are great memories that will never come back again.

However despite all the great memories - I realise that they are just that... memories. I love the game now and I wouldn't really want to go back to how it was in Vanilla. The game is in a far better place now than it was years ago - but 8 years of one game is enough to bore a lot of people and THAT is the main reason people want vanilla back imo. They want to recapture the memories of a past time - but its not possible.

If you're under 20 years old you simply didnt play there.(vanilla)
    Or didnt had the brain for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually even keeping gear didn't always work for achivements. not a raid.. but i have the sun eater from H Mechanar. (god did i farm forever for that thing). and my achievements refused to acknowledge that i'd done the dungeon untill i gave up and went back and reran it in Wrath.

Who cares if someone started in Vanilla or TBC or WotLK? Those times have passed, the game has changed now. If you are still living by the "this is how it was in Vanilla/BC/WotLK", sorry to tell you, you need to catch up with times. The game is remotely nothing how it was back then. You might have started in Vanilla or TBC or WotLK, but doesn't make you good, because it doesn't mean you did any of the hard stuff. For example you might have started in TBC and have only done Kara to the max during mid or late BC. I know alot of these kind of people, but they still brag about being TBC veterans/pro players. It does make you a veteran, but that's about it.

If you want to show me you are a great player, show me your current raid heroic mode kills :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowjobs View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br1hXGXJ7Tg

Realy who would want to go back to this crap.
    11112111121111211112 for 20 mins no ty
    I raided as a mage in MC. So for me it was 111111111111111andthenmaybeevocateorpot11111111111111111111111

I have my current main in my sig. I have played a long time but have had my share of breaks from the game. I've found I don't have time for raiding aside from LFR since landing in my new job. Hell even doing a normal raid I was having some teething issues as i'd been out of raiding so long I was really not on my A game.

Just because some of us have been around a long time doesnt mean we will be the best. Someone who started in cata/mop could be way better than me (im certain of it as ive gone down hill due to the lack of play!)

My old main which i changed from is below. I have some FOS that show that I at least played during vanilla. I joined a few weeks after launch. My brother and some of our friends started wow before me (on launch). I played a shaman thinking "shamans cool i can do damage heal etc" my mate was a priest other friend a warrior and my brother a rogue. Enjoyed it a lot we had no idea about end game or anything it was new. The grinding was accepted when I did raiding back then. Now I see dailies and the grind to get gear from them to help bridge gaps to enable me to join the higher LFR raids and I dislike it! Still the gear options are better than vanilla and TBC but far worse than wrath and cata, back then I put a tabard on jumped into some dungeons and got the rep for the items. Now I have to do "dailies" just to get some items that might help me (i've got piss poor luck in LFR and have not managed to get a sha kill to loot the quest boot things).

But i don't mind waiting to get the items i'll take it slow. Playing with an old college friend and her family etc and its really nice and relaxed.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achievement#81

The thing with looking for pvp titles is that they aren't accountbound like most other FoS.

My current main is not the same character I raided and got Scarab Lord on in Vanilla. You can see the Scarab Lord FoS on my paladin, but you won't see the pvp titles. For all you know, I could be lying my ass off and have gotten Scarab Lord on the area 52 server like a gazillion others did.

Deleted
    More importantly what's it matter

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    More importantly what's it matter

I was going to respond like others. I actually had 3 accounts over time, I have been here (MMO-C) since 2008, but then I saw your comment, and yeah that sums it up. Who cares?
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Why do people always assume they are lying? WoW had huge growth during that period. It makes sense that the majority of players started playing during classic and BC. Absence of evidence on the armory is not necessarily evidence of absence.

Too often people use this as some weak grounds for discrediting people, often on topics where it has no relevance. If I had a nickel for every time someone falsely accused me of lying about playing in classic/BC solely because I had a different opinion on a subject, I'd be rich.
    Data from blizz tells that less than 10% of the current playerbase played back in classic. Yes, they said this themselves.

The only measurement that I use for determining whether a person played classic or not is the pvp-title. Pretty much everyone got AT LEAST private/scout back then, which will now shine as a glorious feat of strength through out all characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

my guess would be they lie about it because in their eyes, having played vanilla/bc qualifies them as veteran players, ergo they know better than the new noobs playing the game. i know people who have played in vanilla and until today and they are still garbage.

so saying you played vanilla says nothing more than that you have played it.