Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    @Grocalis
    Not to mention I don't think anyone had the power to summon both of them. One might be able to summon the other, but they never would.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Millhouse wasn't captured for any wrongdoing, he was on the Arcatraz for some unspecified, presumably benign reason, and the ship got taken over by Kael'thas' forces while he was aboard. I don't know what happened to him between Arcatraz and Deepholm, but my guess would be that either he was undercover in the Twilight's Hammer or he fell in with them like all of the other people during the Cataclysm pre-launch event.
    Also worth nothing; Millhouse may not have joined the Twilight Cult until near the events of Cataclysm.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 09:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Setup for making Arathi Highlands and the claiming of Stromgarde, now legitimately claimable by either faction, the most epic warfare scenario in the history of Warcraft.

< a dorf can dream >
    Words can't describe how disappointed I was when they said they have no plans to revisit Classic Azeroth any time soon. I'm still hoping for something epic in the Highlands and Stromgarde using phasing similar to the ZG questline in Cataclysm.

I'm hoping we see a lot of scenarios made in the old world in order to further the lore threads there.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    If I remember correctly the Warcraft RPG books stated that they capture humanoid males and rape them. And, before anyone gets naughty thoughts, it also states they are harbor diseases harmless to harpies but lethal to their mates.

Being the RPG books, whether this canon or not is up in the air. I personally think this is a case of lolWhite Wolf.
    Pretty sure there are other fantasy settings where harpies tend to capture and rape humanoid males and then murder them as well.

What ever happened to Archimonde's bones?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I'm hoping we see a lot of scenarios made in the old world in order to further the lore threads there.
    I want to see scenarios become a strongly used story device, but the reclaiming of Stromgarde I would want to see as a phased event that you see the results of in the world. Though I suppose Theramore has shown the scenario can trigger a change in what you see in the world.

And Blizzard has mentioned being potentially able to do larger scenarios, tongue in cheek suggesting a 40 man scenario. I'm not saying that large, but a decent sized scenario for an appropriately significant plot point could be cool.

Here's another lore question that bugs me.

In pandaria there's basically 4 enemies. The Yaungol, The Mantid, The Saurok, and The Mogu. Across the continent we've seen many yaungol villages (In Kun-lai and townlong steeps) mantid villages (on Townlong steeps and Dread wastes) and Saurok Villages (mostly on those caves in the veiled stair).

Where do the mogu live? I don't think I've seen a single mogu village on the game. They have a few camps on the krasarang wilds, and one in the jade forest, as well as a few on the vale of eternal blossoms, but those are military camps, not houses. Where have they been living all this time?

Secondly: The Vale of Eternal Blossoms was just recently opened, after having been sealed for many centuries. How did the mogu managed to get past the golden lotus defenses, and take the Mogushan palace?

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    What ever happened to Archimonde's bones?
    Blizzard realized that is was stupid to have them, since he was basically exploded into nothing when all the wisps detonated.

why does a race with a spaceship still use swords?

The Golden Lotus have been in the Vale so it's possible, and I thought suggested, that they've been struggling against the Mogu inside all this time and they were beginning to lose ground, which was a contributing factor in opening the gates and allowing more in.

As for mogu structures, good point. Even in the Shado Pan dailies in Townlong, aren't those just ruins the mogu are hanging around?

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 09:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Well the space ship is largely magical in nature, it seems. Not purely technologically based.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Pretty sure there are other fantasy settings where harpies tend to capture and rape humanoid males and then murder them as well.
    I didn't mean to imply they invented it, just that I don't think it fits with Warcraft. And since the RPG books were made around the time White Wolf was in their phase of being extra grimdark for pure shock value I find it likely to be a lore gap they decided to fill.

Not to mention Cataclysm gave us a nest of harpies in Hyjal that seemed to be lorded over by an Anzu-like entity who is Aviana's consort. It would make sense if they mated with similar entities.

because if they can make a magical spaceship, than surely they can make a magical sword
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

That's true!

Though personally, I'd like a little more glimpses of darkness in WoW. Azeroth isn't 100% doom and gloom, but it's very foundation is a pretty grim world.

That's true!

Though personally, I'd like a little more glimpses of darkness in WoW. Azeroth isn't 100% doom and gloom, but it's very foundation is a pretty grim world.
    An entire race based on rape is a little too grim if you ask me.

I am guessing you are talking about the Draenei?

Because for one, it's not their space ship, it belongs to the Naaru and can only even be piloted by a Naaru. Second, the ship crashed, it's broken beyond the means for repair on Azeroth, thus why it's now just a city of the Draenei. Lastly, why wouldn't they use swords still? The Naaru didn't exactly develop laser blasters to go with the ship, otherwise our heros would have never been able to siege the still active ships in BC (Mechenar, Botanica, Arcatraz, and most of all The Eye).

That's true!

yeah, but I'd like to think harpies don't have rape as their only means of reprodution. you see, when we're going through hyjal we get to know aviana (and we know that one way or another, harpies were born because of her).

while she's a bit aggressive and sometimes she sounds a little corrupted (http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Return_to_Aviana; "But I confess, part of me wants to fly up and simply watch this whole... world... burn.") she doesn't really seem to be a malevolent entity. I'd find it weird for her to create a race of rapists, especially way before the twilight cult even touched her lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Is there an echo in here?

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Saw this thread on the official forums and wondered what little lore questions you people have that bug you.
    all of bc /10chars
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    yeah, but I'd like to think harpies don't have rape as their only means of reprodution. you see, when we're going through hyjal we get to know aviana (and we know that one way or another, harpies were born because of her).

while she's a bit aggressive and sometimes she sounds a little corrupted (http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Return_to_Aviana; "But I confess, part of me wants to fly up and simply watch this whole... world... burn.") she doesn't really seem to be a malevolent entity. I'd find it weird for her to create a race of rapists, especially way before the twilight cult even touched her lol
    Just because the creator is malevolent does not mean the children have to be. Remember, the local Harpies were working with the Twilight's Hammer to corrupt Aviana. The Keeper of the Grove, Zaetar, sired the Centaur, who pretty much right out the womb murdered him and started rampaging over Kalimdor.

We even have an example of an Aspect, Malygos, after he REGAINED his sanity, basically told a red dragon he was going to rape her because she pissed him off.

We even have an example of an Aspect, Malygos, after he REGAINED his sanity, basically told a red dragon he was going to rape her because she pissed him off.
    Yeah and when she was found she had a seriously frosty disposition towards those who found her. If you think that is bad trying thinking about where the ogre population comes from. Notice you almost never see female ogres or ogre children. My only guess is that females humanoids are typically kidnapped by ogres, raped, and then later the female ogre children are killed while the males are raised to maturity. That explains also why some ogres are of different sizes and characteristics than some other ogres though I wonder if a gnome or goblin could even survive something that brutal. Yikes!