Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think "Oh look, a girl".
    And carry on raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalisa View Post
    I find this post sexist. Why should a "girl gamer' be any different then a male gamer? We are people, we play games, just because I don't have a penis does not mean I will play worse then you.
    That's just how it is in video games, if you have a vagina then you will attract all the attention of the sexual frustrated guys who even if they get sunlight will still make jokes and harass you like they never seen a female before.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

hmm.. I try not to make any judgements from peoples voices at all on vent, or this happens..

"dude, stop crying, u sound like a 13 year old girl"

"I am a 13 year old girl"

" :/ huh, go figure. I guess all those sex jokes we've all been saying in chat were probably wildly inapropriate then... " *tumble weed goes past*
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing, because I'm not 12 years old.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh...I hope this pug doesn't suck. But that is generally my thought in any pug regardless of the gender of the players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

first thing i think is she must be nervous

2nd thing i think: she will either a) cause a couple wipes or b) be mediocre at playing her class (dps / hps)

if shes a healer that scares me even more its more difficult to actually see how she's performing. with dps you can just look at the meters and fail rate.

yes i am sexist, along with everyone else in the world. but these assumptions are merely based on previous experience when raiding with girls. no offense or anything

if the girl is the main tank. well then... that is a different story and i will most likely be intimidated and scared of her. and shes prolly good

I usually think "Another one of those weird sounding guys.", as I do not believe in the concept of "girl" yet.

All jokes aside though, in every raid I've been in the last years, there has always been lots of girls, so its nothing new or extraordinairy.

I find this post sexist. Why should a "girl gamer' be any different then a male gamer? We are people, we play games, just because I don't have a penis does not mean I will play worse then you.
    Just to note, the OP said that she was female.

15+ Year Old Account
    When I hear a girl on vent i...

Say hi, respond to questions she may pose, and join in any convo that I may enjoy.

HOWEVER when I hear a guy I

respond to questions he may pose, and join in any convo that I may enjoy , Say hi.

It's totaly different... really I swear... no wait... nothing changes!

I don't have a penis either, that's the point of the post. (I'm OP)

Thanks guys for the replies, keep em coming.. It's good to hear what you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually find it pleasing. Usually you would just hear a bunch of guys just like being loud and annoying and like yelling at you because you didn't do something right or whatever but then if there's a girl(s) in the group (depending if she's nice or a bitch) it actually takes the stress and pressure away of all the douchebags yelling at you, at least for me it does I don't know why. Maybe because the female voice is more soothing and relaxing to me in a non freaky way, I don't know. Also most girls that I've played with, I had a much more fun playing with than playing with another guy because most guys will take the game so serious sometimes it's ridiculous and with the girls I've played with they just play to have fun and enjoy the game, which is what I do.

Like I said though it depends if she's a nice person or just some elitist bitch which most of the time the girls I run into are nice. I haven't really ran into any of those elitist girls yet not even since i started playing WoW back in 2006. But then again I'm not really on vent much.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-11-20 at 10:20 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Rupture91 View Post
    That's just how it is in video games, if you have a vagina then you will attract all the attention of the sexual frustrated guys who even if they get sunlight will still make jokes and harass you like they never seen a female before.
    Kitchen Jokes I'm ok with. Sandwitch jokes, boob jokes fine whatever. PMS jokes and judging my play ability because I have tits pisses me off. I've been in top 200 and top 500 guilds for most of my raiding days (since TBC). I've been in realm first and second guilds. I want to be judged on THAT. Not on wither or not I "suck cock for epics"

Lotta folks in this thread did not seem to actually read the thread starter's original post or follow-up post.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    when i hear a girl in a pug i usually think its okay for me to talk too, cause i'm also a girl. if no other girl speaks up on vent, i certainly won't be the first! i feel like if there's more than one girl, then the sexist attitudes won't be as strong. its just really shitty as a tank, cause the "blame the healers" mentality goes away the moment people find out i'm a girl, then suddenly all the problems are the tanks fault, cause a girl shouldn't be tanking, she should be healing!

if I hear a girls voice I start to tremble... They're scaaarrrrryyyyy!!!

Everyone is different, it's not till they say something stupid that I get worried. If they suck they get booted, I could care less what sex they are if they are on top of the dps meters!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    I don't have a penis either, that's the point of the post. (I'm OP)

Thanks guys for the replies, keep em coming.. It's good to hear what you think.

hard to say here. if you go by ACT averages for example, men score higher (that is a fact, cant be argued). if you are talking on an individual basis comparing 1 boy to 1 girl either could be smarter.

same goes for reaction time. it is a product of your genes and experiences (training, etc...) men most likely will average better, but on an individual basis either could win.

In a pug I normally cringe the moment I hear a girls voice, particularly if she has a nice voice. Not because I have a problem playing with players of the female variety but mainly the effect their presence seems to have on some of the less mature dudes in the run. Some of them will go "OMG a GIRL!!!" and make things socially awkward, others will go on a chest beating foray and start comparing penis size. I once had a bloke try and claim to be an economist for a bank in Singapore in an attempt to impress a girl. When queried about his age it turned out he was 16.... Which lead to many jokes about the Doogie Howser of the banking world.

I would be surprised a little because most of the time I expect other to be males (I play a female char too so that's why). But that would last for a split second because it's absolutely normal for a girl to play.

Maybe it's the heat of the moment, I dunno.

If I was one of those guys that retrict themselves to playing male chars only and everytime they see a female char they think it's really a girl maybe I wouldn't be surprised.
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2012-11-20 at 10:18 PM.

My raid leader is female. I'm pretty used to a woman talking on vent by this point.

It's kind of a shame that threads like this can be actively discussed, beyond everyone going 'what's your point?' But hey. I'm an idealist.

Deleted
    In my guild we have 2 females that raid and has been doing so for the last 5 years.
    At one point 50% of our raid team was females.
    I cant care less what parts my raiders have between their legs, as far as i know no one uses that part in raiding anyway.

And as it goes for roles, the 2 females that raid with us now is a tank and a dps.