Poll: Do you play with sound or no sound?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I only have the sound on if its the first time im doing something for example first time questing in a zone or first time in a dungeon/raid but after that i just use my own music in the background.

I almost always have sound on. It helps to give a notifier when something is happening and the game would just seem disconnected without it.

The few times I hit mute are when creatures make exceptionally loud or annoying sounds. One that comes to mind is the Klaxxi quest with the very very loud bug following you around. Forget the name.

I just wish voice had an independent control. I would (in most cases) like to be able to hear what the npc's have to say without making everything else to loud.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to just turn the music off, the sound I didn't mind.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

All depends what I want to hear, like in AQ I turn on sound just to hear C'Thun talking, while just questing / farming I prefer my own music. while raiding for me it's usually easier to be without sound, just so I could hear Boss Mods and vent better.

Sound on, music off - I prefer my own, after listening to the molten core/loading screen music on an endless loop...

warning sounds are basically mandatory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jahasafrat View Post
    I play with the sounds effects on and the game music off. The music in Orgrimmar and the Eastern Plaguelands make me want to throw my damn monitor out the window. Now I just play movie soundtracks in the background; Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, or (oddly enough) Transformers. I highly recommend "The Breaking of the Fellowship" for Dun Morogh and the Storm Peaks.
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/soundtrack , you are welcome

Sounds always on, music when I do something that requires communication or focusing. Otherwise I have videos playing on the background and game music off.

Deleted
    Really depends on my mood, sometimes I really enjou the ingame music sometimes I like to hear my own - sometimes I even put on the WoW soundtrack in the background, just because of the chill it gives me.

Deleted
    Not enough energy, Not enough energy, Not enough energy, Not enough energy, Not enough energy, Not enough energy, Not enough energy.
    Can't cast that yet, Can't cast that yet, Can't cast that yet, Can't cast that yet, Can't cast that yet, Can't cast that yet, Can't cast that yet, Can't cast that yet.

no sound!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always off unless there is some voice acting otherwise I listen to music

No sound, because I'm listening to music.

we have this thread every quarter, come on, make use of the search function there are plenty of these with votes already...

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 10:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Not enough energy, Not enough energy, Not enough energy, Not enough energy, Not enough energy, Not enough energy, Not enough energy.
    Can't cast that yet, Can't cast that yet, Can't cast that yet, Can't cast that yet, Can't cast that yet, Can't cast that yet, Can't cast that yet, Can't cast that yet.

no sound!
    No skill in configuring your interface... there is a standard option to turn off such warnings...

Deleted
    I'm playing with sound and music (though I do turn them way down during raids). But sometimes I just feel like listening to something different, so I installed Epic Music Player. Nice addon for people who don't want to tab out just to change to a different song^^

Deleted
    I will never understand how people can raid without sound.
    Sound is one of the most important aspects of the game, especially when raiding. Every single boss clearly telegraphs his moves by sound/speech which is faster and more accurate than waiting for your RL to say something or to read a text warning from boss mods. If you're able to learn the most important sound assets per boss you almost don't even need a boss mod anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sound always on. In pvp there are some things you just won't notice without sound.

Deleted
    I play with sound off, I like to listen to music of my choice. I did play with sound on when leveling from 85 to 90, just to hear the new music and dialogue.

Usually no sound, but it can be pretty cool with sound sometimes
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Deleted
    If Guild Raid = True Then Game sound = False;
    else Game sound = True;
    End;

Haven't played with sound for years now. I just find the combat sounds to be annoying so I rather just listen to music or have a movie/video playing in the background