Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I was thinking about reinstalling now it went F2P, tho the sub wasnt what scared me away.

Now i hear about this ridiculous way of F2P i hope it stays in a galaxy far far away.

Yeah, I'm really enjoying myself and having a great ti--bah I can't do it!

Must... resist... urge to... bash...

Deleted
    Positive or negative - I asked people to try to be positive. Take a break if you will from being chronically disatified. I guess my question should have been - Is the glass half full or half empty? and in reflection to the responses on this.... beg the question that is it perhaps people's peceptions and outlooks that need the much needed investment and changes in order for anything to truly change for the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Justly deserved or unjustly the game has garnered a extremely negative reputation. There have been plenty of opportunities for it to gain some of that back but they dont seem to be the best with doing that. I love the game, and it has many things I still think they have done better than any other game ive played. However no matter what they do they have a long road to haul to ever bring this games reputation back.

I like that they tried to move in a positive direction. I like that I can play, somewhat, for free but I feel the implementation of the F2P system was dismal and extremely poorly communicated. However the ability to unlock with credits does offer some saving grace and does pull it together. Why this wasn't even mentioned or highlighted as a option is beyond me. I am cautiously hopeful that they can at least stabilize the game and move forward so long as they can continue expanding and showing support for the game.

Once again the ball is in their court. We as fans can only hope they push forward and expand on the systems accessibility and NOT the currently overtly non sub hostile theme. Give your customers what they believe is a value and they will flock to support your product out of a sense of well being. Constantly remind them that not subbing sucks, please give us your money simply drives them away.

Actually, I have been enjoying the game again on a very casual basis since F2P. I was a subscriber for a few months and did the endgame thing. So I technically have preferred status.

However, I still am engaged by SWTOR's story presentation. It's not too bad F2P despite a few minor annoyances here & there.

Haven't looked at the cash shop much. But if I were to level complaint with their F2P model it is that the cash shop seems overly expensive and restrictive if intended to play TOR in a serious fashion. Which I currently am not doing.

Pretty fun game.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Game is great. Still having a ton of fun here.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Lethorien View Post
    Positive or negative - I asked people to try to be positive. Take a break if you will from being chronically disatified. I guess my question should have been - Is the glass half full or half empty? and in reflection to the responses on this.... beg the question that is it perhaps people's peceptions and outlooks that need the much needed investment and changes in order for anything to truly change for the better.
    There really are things that are just plain bad though. I'm not sure what you expected, a bunch of people to come in and repeat the few good things left in the game that are good over and over? Everything about the F2P model is atrocious, and they haven't done anything to make me want to resub, and spend the money. The stuff they took away (rested xp, action bars, etc) that are present in pretty much every other F2P model just felt petty and dickish, and I'm not sure how they could have possibly decided that would bring in any kind of positive goodwill and interest.

I understand the desire for an influx of positivity, but you can't force it the way this game has gone. It had so much potential and I personally loved the class storylines and leveling, but there just wasn't anything else there to keep me there. Having to do side quests over and over between all the different classes finally took its toll and I opted out. I likely would've come back and paid for a month or two to check out changes down the road, but not at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    why would anyone post nothing but positive comments about this game?....i guess we can lie and pretend ...but why would you want that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    why would anyone post nothing but positive comments about this game?....i guess we can lie and pretend ...but why would you want that?
    I didn't need to lie or pretend. This is what I previously posted:

- Love each class story (some more than others obviously).
    - I find the combat to be a blast.
    - I try to get a few warzones done a day. Aslong as I don't do too many in a row I still enjoy them.
    - 1 FP a day is my limit. Though fun they take up too much time seeing as the novelty wore off months ago. Still enjoyable if I do them sparsely.
    - Operations with my guild are my main attraction atm.
    - Playing the GTN is an addiction. Love buying/selling and have kept an average of 5mil a week coming in for a while now.
    - Between 3 accounts I've experienced every single piece of content this game has to offer and I'd conclude that I've enjoyed most of it immensely.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2012-11-21 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    People make it to easy for themselves these days. "The game is bad bad baaaaaad" .... no explanation, no aspect why it's bad for that person. It's a pity that any attempt to have a normal discussion about this game turns into a shitfest for people which have too much time, anger issues and didn't see nor could use any of the other threads already existing and already sounding like them. It's like... a new thread opens and every dog has to mark his presence... .

If I would be a new player I probably wouldn't give this game a try because whatever is enjoyable gets so utterly ignored... OMG I DON'T HAVE ACTIONBARS..... guys... we know it, we knew it yesterday and we'll know it tomorrow that you for your better comfort need more "space"... . Why don't you voice your concerns on the official forums....

There have been over 500k subs before it F2P hit .... people can either accept that not everyone is so bound to his actionbars that he can't enjoy the story or... just plain simple spends 15 bucks (if you can't afford it, you probably shouldn't play games but try to resolve this kind of issue to not have 15 bucks a month more or less).

By far the best levelling experience I've ever had in an MMO. Made me realize what it was like to play a game for fun again. Also made me realize I don't play WoW for fun, just for epeen and shinies, which makes me .

10+ Year Old Account
    Well as a level 31 sith marauder, so far the leveling content is the best I've played in an MMO. Some of the fights are challenging to solo, some of them are pushovers. Questing isn't the tedious grind you get in a lot of other games, and sometimes, unlike WoW, I actually have to heal myself or plan how I'm going to pull a mob. Combat is fast paced and fun.

I like having a companion who helps me. Quinn can be an annoying character, but a steady stream of green from him keeps me force jumping from one group to the next without too much downtime (though stronger enemies might give me some pause.)

The storylines so far have been great as well. The characterization is fun too, my sith is quite the asshole, though I did relent and remove Vette's shock collar after a while.

Now I don't know what end game is like, having not seen it, so I won't make any comments about that. But SWTOR has a leveling system that should be the model for questing.

The game itself has its bugs and quirks, but I won't get into that.
    Putin khuliyo

When I actually paid a subscription for 2 months before quitting I did like some elements like the story and cutscenes and the like.

However there were to many negatives that made me say this is not worth paying for as a subscription so I quit.

The game went F2P so I logged in to try it out...

I actually had to lower my graphics setting down from the max I was able to play it at before...the games performance got worse since I last played months before...strike one.

Looked at the free to play restrictions and how atrocious their model was and some of the stupid restrictions they put in...strike two

Played for a bit and realized many of the gripes I had before had still not been addressed or fixed...strike three

Logged out and uninstalled the game once again.

As much as I want to be positive and really like the game the negatives just simply outweigh the positives.Hopefully they take care of some of these issues and the game will be worth coming back to but I am not holding on to to much hope for that.
    The free to play restrictions are simply going to chase off many players and that will not be good for the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just re subbed and am having alot of fun! I like that you can buy Xp boosts so you can focus more on main story quests and less on side quests. Also subbing makes me feel a little bit more bad ass than F2P playlers since I can do anything I want whenever I want.

Just a look at the F2P vs paid feature list on the swtor side made me giggle and give up any plans to ever try that game...

Honestly after taking like an entire day to install it, seeing how they're basically forcing me into subscribing at 50, and then doing a war zone in my war hero gear before I quit the game with pretty much the best gear you could've gotten back then, I realized why I hate the game and how horrible the PvP still is, I was laughing at how horrible it still was. I'm glad I can still get stunned by two people before I can even move and then I'm dead though, nothing says fun PvP experience like you're dead in 3 seconds in great gear. And what was that, 5 war zone cap? Can I only do 5 war zones a week at 50? I hope I fucking read that wrong because that is sad. I mean that's all I can say, I spent forever in a PvE queue, I did a space mission or two I mean, that's honestly the funnest thing about the game because it reminds me of a 1990 NES game.

I'd love to post positive feedback but honestly why I left will be exactly why I uninstall the game again. The game will always be something I'd wished was KoTOR3
    Last edited by chocobo606; 2012-11-22 at 07:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that I can run around in WZs barechested and I haven't been called a *** once yet!
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

Quote Originally Posted by Lethorien View Post
    People expected too much when it launched, and the moment it did not blow their socks off they gave it up.
    Well if you as a company are going to hype up a game and sink the most money ever into an MMO, you damn well better have some amazing features and things that make players go, damn that's cool. But what did they have? It was so stripped down, bare bones and minimal. And to top it off they charged a monthly fee. They had no business charging a fee with what they had at launch. No business at all. They shot themselves in the foot by listening to the WoW haters and that was ultimately their demise. They should have created their own path. Instead they listened to them and when people started dropping like flies the company back tracked and thought, well damn maybe people really do care about all that stuff after all. THEN they started adding a bunch of features and what not, but by then it was too late.

But as for something positive, the only thing I can think of is that we could have a companion with us and some of them were pretty bad ass.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2012-11-22 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    Honestly after taking like an entire day to install it, seeing how they're basically forcing me into subscribing at 50, and then doing a war zone in my war hero gear before I quit the game with pretty much the best gear you could've gotten back then, I realized why I hate the game and how horrible the PvP still is, I was laughing at how horrible it still was. I'm glad I can still get stunned by two people before I can even move and then I'm dead though, nothing says fun PvP experience like you're dead in 3 seconds in great gear.
    Gear doesn't make the player, war-hero is not = war-hero and a focused player has to go down just like this, if there would be any more effort to it, teams with 2-3 healers would be immortal.

And what was that, 5 war zone cap? Can I only do 5 war zones a week at 50? I hope I fucking read that wrong because that is sad. I mean that's all I can say,
    You didn't actually think you could do endgame content for free and never pay a single dime while all the "fluff" aside the things people say should be "free".... what would be the initiative for Bioware to let people play it like this without any need to ever spend a single cent? You don't bring anything with you and probably never will, if you like PvP you go for the weekly pvp pass and have the same game like before without paying for content you don't want which is exactly the way it should be imho.

I spent forever in a PvE queue, I did a space mission or two I mean, that's honestly the funnest thing about the game because it reminds me of a 1990 NES game.
    You wouldn't be a DD?

Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Just a look at the F2P vs paid feature list on the swtor side made me giggle and give up any plans to ever try that game...
    And they conveniently leave out a lot of features in the game that are restricted from that list..Limited to two tool bars,Cannot hide those god awful headpieces,cannot color match your gear...just to name a few not on that list.