Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    57 Rolls (including all the coins), and all I've got so far was a trinket. It happens, it's RNG, some people will get 5 items in a week, some people will get 1 item in two months, petitioning a GM is a waste of both his and your time.
    People like us coming back for gear keeps subs stable and activity on servers high, it is what it is.
    Last edited by mmoc9a374e54bb; 2012-11-21 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinnylove View Post
    On my DK I've done Valts's each week for the past month, I've not had ONE item. I use 3 charms each week. yet nothin. It's annoying
    ditto.. and why only 3 charms, why not 5 or some other number?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obixcx View Post
    ditto.. and why only 3 charms, why not 5 or some other number?
    If you use all of your Charms each week, then you'll only ever have three at a time, because you can only get three per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo17 View Post
    23? Nope you beat me, my streak was 21. LOVE the new loot system, I watch people getting the same item multiple times that they can't trade to me, while I get nothing week after week. Can't even pass on stuff I don't need to give someone else a chance, yeah, this system sure is better.
    Shouldn't be able to trade the gear to other people in the first place, you shouldn't be able to roll if you don't need it. It's no different than regular/heroic raiding, sometimes nothing you can use drops, and when it does, someone gets it and you might not see it even if you're guaranteed to get it after that person. I'd rather roll against a personal system than against people who will unfairly win items from me.

So you could just "RAID" with your guild and ensure that you're getting loot necessary to progress... So crying about not getting loot in random groups... Yeah...

My first LFR visit (3 bosses) had me winning 2 items. As said before, RNG can be your friend, or decide not to be.

Let's see...

From coin rolls I've gotten: 2 rings of galleon, 1 helm off galleon, tier chest off empress, tier gloves off sha, pvp bracers off sha, necklace off galleon (i've replaced it now), and a starshatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Envisionist View Post
    Let's see...

From coin rolls I've gotten: 2 rings of galleon, 1 helm off galleon, tier chest off empress, tier gloves off sha, pvp bracers off sha, necklace off galleon (i've replaced it now), and a starshatter.
    You should probably issue a GM ticket since something is not right here...

jk :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Done lfr for 4 weeks on my warrior and all I have gotten is 8 sigils of power

And what is more annoying, recieving that stupid bag you know it will only have ... the exact 28.5 gold every time. I think is kinda offensive. I'd like to see more (positive) rng on that bag, maybe between 20-100g, or something like Misterious Fortune Cards.

#Flatspriest, those maths are ok.
    If chances are 5% then there it is 30.73% of recieving ANY LOOT on all those rolls.
    If chances are 10%, there is 8.86% of no-loot.
    If chances are 15%, there is 2.38% of no-loot.

Overall, I think they somehow nerfed drop and/or coins on lfr. First weeks I had almost 50% of positive drops, now I'm in the 5%'s. Did my luck become worse (I'd call it naturally stable) or is the same but affected by lower drop %?. I will never know neither you do.

RNG is a poor and lazy system. There should be an internal bonus for each lootless roll that you get 100% loot after 10 "empty" rolls. After that it should reset back.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Off topic: It amazes me how many people will reply to say "RNG is RNG".

Everyone keeps relating RNG to rolling dice. It's not even close to the same thing. It's highly unlikely, but there "could" be something in your character profile breaking the system.

After another week of no loot I decided to look at my statistics page to see how many LFR boss kills I was at, total of 57. Turned in tokens every week for another 27 attempts.

I won shoulders & helm week 1 from vaults and won a chest from heart of fear. Total of 84 rolls and I got 3 items. RNG is a true bitch, the worst part I was also one of those who won loot last week (tier legs) only to have the loot bug slap me and say I wasn't eligible.

Ran the new LFR last night as a resto shaman and while I was happy to finally win an item was disappointed that it was a staff with no spirit, lol I prefer a shield and if were to use a staff certainly would want it to have spirit.

While I know people abused the old system it at least felt like you still had a chance to win o well it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    RNG is a poor and lazy system. There should be an internal bonus for each lootless roll that you get 100% loot after 10 "empty" rolls. After that it should reset back.
    100% after 10 rolls sounds kind of lazy to me. /shrug. It takes the "unknown" out of loot rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Numbnut View Post

Everyone keeps relating RNG to rolling dice. It's not even close to the same thing. It's highly unlikely, but there "could" be something in your character profile breaking the system.
    How's the tinfoil hat fitting? It seems to be on too tight...
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Are you suggesting that we should all jump on the "highly unlikely" bandwagon instead of the "highly likely" one? Especially since there is no actual data to suggest your "highly unlikely" assumption.

RNG is only as good as the developers that wrote it. Keep in mind this isn't like randomly picking a number in your mind. Computers don't work that way. RNG is a calculation of variables. Sure, it's probably formulated from a LOT of variables, but there could still be things that cause a cycle. That's what bothers me about it starting when I changed specs. I can accept 23 as just bad luck and not being worth being placated by a GM. Just looking for others' experiences.
    And I don't think you can blame Blizz for making a bad RNG. Pretty sure they just use the built in RNG in the language they use(C++ I guess). Even though it generates pseudo-random numbers it still have an equal "chance" to roll high or low. The chance of rolling 1 is the same as rolling 98...

And yes, there can be somthing in your profile that change the numbers it generates(the seed). But the seed won't change the fact, that it's still not more likely to roll one number over another.
    Last edited by Flaeske; 2012-11-21 at 05:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    My issue with this whole loot system is... I wouldn't mind losing each week.. if I actually saw what dropped. It's only a small thing but it's damn dis heartenening to see nothing but gold for 23 bosses or whatever weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    My issue with this whole loot system is... I wouldn't mind losing each week.. if I actually saw what dropped. It's only a small thing but it's damn dis heartenening to see nothing but gold for 23 bosses or whatever weeks.
    Couple of suggestions:

1) Raid normals - you see loot
    2) Ask if you are really interested.

EDIT - I do agree it would be nice to see. But it's not that big of a deal imho.