Cosmos 2 worth it

Hey guys I've been thinking of changing my haf x case

now ive been shopping about since getting a new job I've been drawn to the cosmos 2

The question is guys do you think this case is really worth the money, also is it a good case for any of you guys personel exp

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=CA-249-CM

Thank you for taken your time to read

In my opinion if you got a 2500k or 3570k cpu and at least a gtx670 or equvalent amd gpu,then i would say go for it.If not spend that money on something that can give you more fps.
    Wish i had the money to get that.Its a beast!

My impression from reviews and looking at the diagrams and photographs: for the size of the case there isn't much you can do in it without breaking out the dremel and sandpaper. It is big, but I don't know about it being worth the 300 dollars. I'd rather get the new version of the 800D with the front USB and window panel or a Fractal Define XL myself.

I've always been of the mind that, unless you're doing a custom water cooling loop, full-tower cases are unwieldy and unnecessary.

A high quality mid-tower case like the Fractal Design Define R4 or one of the Corsair mid-towers is more than enough.

I found the Cosmos II was huge and unwieldy, but lacked the little extra space where it really would have benefited from it. The bottom rads in my brother's PC (where we used the Cosmos II) were really tightly in place, and the roof doesn't have space for a 45mm rad on the inside of the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I found the Cosmos II was huge and unwieldy, but lacked the little extra space where it really would have benefited from it. The bottom rads in my brother's PC (where we used the Cosmos II) were really tightly in place, and the roof doesn't have space for a 45mm rad on the inside of the case.
    along with this^, the case itself is not built to the same level of quality as the original cosmos, it has lots of neat features, but in reality should be priced no more than $150, i was very unsatisfied with mine and replaced it

and IMO, if this is the best Cooler Master can offer after at least a year of development, then they need to be avoided

I would get a Corsair Obsidian 650D, amazing case.
    Playing since 2007.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you'e air cooling then there's better cases. If you're not doing a custom loop there's better cases. Although i personally love it's interior and exterior styling and space (compared to my phantom). It all depends on what you want to do with it. Slim rads? No problem! 2 240 rads in the bottom? Get yourself a phobya rad bracket and you're set! Although push pull with double rads in the bottom wont work with really thick rads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EllishaPally View Post
    If you'e air cooling then there's better cases. If you're not doing a custom loop there's better cases. Although i personally love it's interior and exterior styling and space (compared to my phantom). It all depends on what you want to do with it. Slim rads? No problem! 2 240 rads in the bottom? Get yourself a phobya rad bracket and you're set! Although push pull with double rads in the bottom wont work with really thick rads.
    actually, there are just plain better cases period, the Cosmos 2 is rather terrible for watercooling, the 800D is better, and the TJ11 is massively better, if you are in the market for a large high end case with loads of community support, those are the two to get

the Cosmos 2 was for the most part designed for one motherboard in mind, the SR-X, but unfortunately intel killed that dream for almost all enthusiasts, so the Cosmos 2 and the SR-X are nothing more than a waste of research and space, i still may use mine for an SR-X dream workstation, but atm, there really is no point for either

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never said it was the end all be all although i do agree there are better cases. I love the tj07/tj11 though, but personally the cosmos 2 suited my needs more. The bars on the bottom save some room on short carpet >.<

I didnt really know it was ment for the srx so thats good to know

10+ Year Old Account
    Never said it was the end all be all although i do agree there are better cases. I love the tj07/tj11 though, but personally the cosmos 2 suited my needs more. The bars on the bottom save some room on short carpet >.<

I didnt really know it was ment for the srx so thats good to know
    yeah, if you are building a home storage server, or a render workstation, it's easily the best case on the market

Etc
    Rad brackets? Why would you want that? The space is so snug that when I was testfitting it with a strip of velcro I could tip the case over and the rads would stay exactly where they are...