10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    This makes no sense..

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, you did that. The point was still this, which was this about. All the things, kultiran.. etc was just shit you brought up randomly lol.
    I don't care dude, but you are simply trolling here.
    I'm not. But since you think I am, let's end up this debate.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    I'm not. But since you think I am, let's end up this debate.
    You are, by ignoring it again. But sure lets end it here,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    High elf is both a racial name and faction name.
    Yes correct.

It really shouldnt be that confusing imo. Blood elf/high elf is the only situation here, were we truly can say they are the same race of elves. So the race is simply high elf, which is devived into different groups which some didnt rename themselves after their fallen bretheren and kept using the name high elf. The reasons why, are not very important.

The other elven races, besides void elves are not the same. High elf is a different elven race then say Kaldorei.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    You are, by ignoring it again. But sure lets end it here,

- - - Updated - - -

Yes correct.

It really shouldnt be that confusing imo. Blood elf/high elf is the only situation here, were we truly can say they are the same race of elves. So the race is simply high elf, which is devived into different groups which some didnt rename themselves after their fallen bretheren and kept using the name high elf. The reasons why, are not very important.

The other elven races, besides void elves are not the same. High elf is a different elven race then say Kaldorei.
    You see in Europe, we say high elf is a different elven ethnicity than kaldorei. , not a different race. Now troll woudl be a different rae, but you would likely say a different species.

Well, it is a little confusing if you're new, and if you're on the spectrum, but even those can learn the differences, but for most wow players, who've been around the block for a wile they should know by now the difference.

While blizzard hasn't outright stated that this is exactly what this is, it's kinda clear. The same thing happens in real life anyway, and irl is even more confusing as different groups get called different things both by different peoples and also in different times, , then mix and mingle too, forming new distinctions.

I personally don't think any clarification is necessary, the information is all there.. it gets freaky when you consider, terms like elf, high elf and night elf are often terms used in the common language, the speech of the elves is different, and I am suspecting they do not see themselves the way they are classified in character selection and most players do..which is from the human perspective.

I have gotten the impression that the elves really do not consider themselves as different as we do. I noticed that the high elves don't consider themselves as Highborne, but acknowledge their Highborne ancestry, but the Darnassians, like Tyrande have referred to them as Highborne ..to me that is even more realistic, because to an immortal like elf like Tyrande, being mere descendants is irrelevant. But to the descendants themselves who pride themselves in their independent identity not shackled or mired to the disgrace of the caste, it matters.

So were those pre-cata night elves in a sense using Highborne as a slur when they were regarding the blood elves? It's likely that it was received as a slur but not necessarily meant as one, just a matter of fact statement laced with contempt as it was made during the TBC pre-patch when the night elves were "warning" the alliance about the blood elves past and role in the War of the Ancients. .

But wait, the blood elves weren't around in the war of the ancients. Correct, but the Night elves addressing the alliance back then , regarded them as such - did they do so because they allied themselves with Illidan who had ties to the Legion and as such were repeating the same course of action the palace Highborne, of whom the Sunstriders were members were?

I have thought on these things, and that is waht I concluded.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    You see in Europe, we say high elf is a different elven ethnicity than kaldorei. , not a different race. Now troll woudl be a different rae, but you would likely say a different species.

Well, it is a little confusing if you're new.
    I believe the only confusing bit, is with races such as blood elf/high elf or sand troll/darkspear w/e. These particular situations were the difference are so minor. Troll or high elf should be pretty reasonable to understand they are both two separate races. We should act, how the game treats them as much as possible. Its a not all super complicated.

Clear up time:
    So, the datamined Elves are just neutral Kirin Tor Thalassians and Humans who are part of the first few quests when Dalaran comes down.

The Silver Covenant Arcanists and Sunreaver Fire Mages are equally playing a role in said quests - as far as it goes, none of these are playing a major role long term. As soon as the player meets the Earthen, it's primarily them who you interact with.
    Overall - the feel of these first few quests is just a Human/Thalassian Elf battle effort.

I assume more Void Elf stuff will come when the Nerubians start their active role.

3+ Year Old Account
    I've played the first High Elf chapter in the Re-Reforged and I say it's beautiful and well done and I think you guys would also like it if you will play or watch a stream of it
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.