Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hitting level 40, grinding your ass of to buy the 60% speed mount, and then, by the time you are level 44, level 45, you start the quest chain to summon Ghaz'rilla in Zul'Farak, i.e. retrieve the Mallet of Zul'Farrak

Why, you ask?

Because you want this baby! Carrot on a Stick

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkanja View Post
    Because you want this baby! Carrot on a Stick
    Those trolls were SO annoying!

Awesome trinket though, carrot on a stick just made sense

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Patch 2.0 - it ended the boring vanilla.

the real anxiety when i entered lucifron cavern and heard the music. i was scared and thrilled.

Leveling in STV with my friend, we were both playing rogues. Needless to say a lot of ganking ensued and we actually won the arena against 2 lvl 60 rogues, we were like 35 and 38 - http://www.wowhead.com/item=10726 ftw .
    Also dinging lvl 60 after getting my character back felt really great too.
    Maraudon.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sense of exploration, getting my first mount, leveling (which was horribly slow and broken, but nonetheless a fond memory).
    Entering my first raids, and experiencing the chaos of organizing 40 people to get the job done.

Certain dungeons like zul'farakk, scholomance, stratholme, UBRS where amazing.

PvP'ing in hillsbrad (TM vs SS), doing A LOT of BG's when they came out, the race towards high warlord. I did not get that high, but champion though on my druid which I believe is rank 10. I was half a cm away from rank 11, but didn't get it - I would have if I didn't also PvP on my warlock (blood guard). But TBC was just around the corner, and PvP system was getting an overhaul, so oh well

Having a raid with my first guild in ashenvale, I still remember me and my brother where low lvl even for ashenvale. And we got slaughtered by mobs before we even came to the nelf town (name escapes me..).
    Then we where off to STV on our way to stormwind, which needles to say was not going well for us 2 that low lvl :O

I just wish my old PC's hard-drive didn't go to hell, had a ton of screenshots etc from those days =/

Deleted
    My absolutely first Molten Core run as a main tank, and just slightly before Lucifron me and my friends decided to go get something to eat. 50 minutes later I come back and everyone has been waiting for ME. And once we killed him I start telling people that I deserve to get all the might gear that has dropped because I was the main tank.

Oh god what have I done.

Deleted
    My best memories are the guilds/community. People carry 10-man raiding as the holy grail, but damn, 40-man raiding build community with a shitload of members. These days we're just 10 guys that know eachother.

I also remembered another little nugget!

Barman shanker runs for my rogue friends. We went in with our warrior priest me on the shaman my rogue friend and our mage friend. We then cleared emperor for iron foe! never did drop =[

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Patch 2.0 - it ended the boring vanilla.
    Yep, main thing missed is people didn't have this crap attitude, people were friendly and having fun, rather than deliberately trying to make themselves sound superior and write opinions not relevant to the discussion.

Orginale Darkshore, to this day I still cant listen to Ashenvale originale music without getting fucking emo.

In general just the huge world, and hitting 60.

Then later on my first raid, where I got T2 helm off onyxia. Ever since that first raid I raided alot with my guild, and that guild is the B.E.S.T thing I ever did inn any game, was absolutely amasing. I was quit clueless on most things back in vanilla, but by the end off vanilla, when we we're progressing in naxx I was promoted to raider rank atlast, being one of somewhat one of the better healers inn the guild by then. I will never forget Saga Kor'gall EU <3

I can still renember most people's character names even now so many years ago. I really had a fine time.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the best topic I have seen on these forums for quite a while.

I remember reading a whole lot about wow on the old wow website (it was great!) while installing and finally decided to make an undead mage.
    I sucked in all those greys so much that I could not pass the agamand mills questing area in tirisfal and decided to drop that mage after all the corpse running.

So I made a human warrior and I was all amused by the colorful and bright Elwynn forest after the rotten lordaeron. It was love at first sight. And not only elwynn, all the related zones - westfall, redridge, stv. I remember I regularly met a paladin on my journey and we have been duelling quite often and he could beat me - because he was able to heal himself!

Oh and old thousand needles grinds on the rocket race grounds, then leaving to continue in tanaris. I have always loved deserts.
    Than I found a cheat software which allowed me to climb walls and I climbed to top of a very high mountain peak in stonetalon where you were never supposed to get in vanilla - on the top if it was written: HELP! Few minutes later I got a three days ban to learn my lesson.

Edit: GM island anyone?

Waiting outside WsG.

Deleted
    Green dragons & first few times in AQ40... shame i was completely burned out afterwards & still regret never having seen Naxx40 because of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evdawg6543 View Post
    this.
    also part of this was not getting your mount untill 40, and it taking forever to get there!
    But yeah I miss LFG in trade chat, really built up community on your server, now more than half the time you do dungeons you don't even chat in party chat unless you're telling someone to pick up slack or that they're fucking something up.

So yeah to summarize that, I miss the community
    I agree, that way you had to get a good rep with your own server and not just be a jerk to people like a percentage of players now. I also miss the Alterac charger mount being uber to get, with the 60 or so (if i remember correct) badges you had to get.

My fondest memory? Getting to 58 on my shaman as enhance, using the Arcanite Reaper I already made him, stepping into AV and windfury procing everyone into oblivion.

10+ Year Old Account
    First time clearing MC is my fondest memory. I was such a young kid then and I know I was beyond terrible at the game back then. So be able to clear the 40 man raid back then was such an awe experience.
    Goochy

Traveling through the big world as a noob and being amazed by how incredably huge the world was. Enjoying the challenge of even getting to level 60 and all the hard quests and dungeons among the way!

Deleted
    I miss everything really.

Actually having to work for gear was a good feature.

Nowadays you get epics mailed to you (quite literally).

Most def. the hunter bow/quiver quest.

And also, true progression raiding. Raiding after Vanilla has never been as hard or painstaking.