Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobomino View Post
    Is it me or WoW ones look better than UDK in term of details? The only difference is fancy glow and flames.
    Yea the WoW textures are definitely better and have finer detail, but the glow effects and flames in the UDK version are really awesome. I wish that WoW had those glow effects although I don't know how a computer would respond to renedering something like that in real time. Probably badly.

"Galleon will no longer sometimes spawn too quickly." THANKS BLIZZ THIS WAS SUCH A HUGE PROBLEM ._.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreRT View Post
    Lol, the Effort it takes for new Art, isnt that why you Blizzard people take home the big dollars, quit your QQing and do more Art!

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 08:55 PM ----------

And im guessing he wasnt on Blizzard's payrole, so im sure it could of been done in lesser time if he had been paid.
    Yeah, this took about six months in my spare time. I do 3D modeling for a living so coming home and spending hours after work and weekends is tiring but it definitely paid off. Also, I had a pretty rudimentary knowledge of UDK so many of the effects I used I was learning about for the first time as I was creating it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreRT View Post
    Lol, the Effort it takes for new Art, isnt that why you Blizzard people take home the big dollars, quit your QQing and do more Art!
    The Blizzard artists can't just do art willy-nilly; they have to create artwork based on a given brief (designing a new zone, dungeon or race for example) and even before that, tonnes of concept art needs to be drafted up before they begin things like 3D modelling and that process can take some time (let alone the fact that creating artwork is time-consuming in and of itself).

And im guessing he wasnt on Blizzard's payrole, so im sure it could of been done in lesser time if he had been paid.
    On his own? Working 8 hours a day? I'd imagine it'd still take him a few months.
    Fortunately for Blizzard, they have a team to utilise, however, said team is relatively small and they have to produce more stuff in what I'd imagine is a smaller time frame than six months.