Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

New Models or Challenge Everything

So would you rather have new models for every character...

Or challenge mode (scale of ilvl and or lvl) for every dungeon and raid in the game?

because its both the same scope almost...
    Last edited by TrapTripper; 2012-11-23 at 06:55 AM.

Aside from having little to do with each other since one is graphics and animations and the other is dungeon design?

I really don't care about either. I've never done Challenge mode and really who gives a fuck about models? I still play old ass games.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

New models. Hands down. The "challenge" should be from the latest tier of raid.

Quote Originally Posted by zeekphreak View Post
    New models. Hands down. The "challenge" should be from the latest tier of raid.
    My thoughts exactly.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Deleted
    Challenge modes hands down. I understand that not many people have tried them and fewer have gotten all gold like myself but these dungeons are one of the best things that have ever happened to WoW. Why people arent trying them im not sure but it might have something to do with no automatic queue system and low reward for spending a potential 3 hours to complete one dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Challenge modes hands down. I understand that not many people have tried them and fewer have gotten all gold like myself but these dungeons are one of the best things that have ever happened to WoW. Why people arent trying them im not sure but it might have something to do with no automatic queue system and low reward for spending a potential 3 hours to complete one dungeon.
    well this would have que system

and it would still have bronze silver and gold times, but the purpose would be to scale your lvl/ilvl to run the dungeon/raid

I sure would like to raid some of the old instances properly

I'm not sure what you mean by "both the same scope" but there's no reason this needs to be an either/or thing. The same people wouldn't be working on both features.

Anyway, I'd rather have character model updates. I've yet to touch challenge modes, though I do plan to as soon as all this rep farming nonsense is over and I have time for it.

well, whos grand idea was it to change every model in the bloody game? for what reason to look better?

and so you would rather have that ... that you will complain about... rather than every raid becoming modified to a playable level

its 2 huge tasks and that's how we are comparing them, I don't care about "teams" of programmers... there's only 2500 ppl working at blizzard... get em ALL on the bloody job

10+ Year Old Account
    New models will look shiny for around 7 minutes.

After that that you really want the challenge modes.

New models definitely. How can you look at yaungol compared to tauren and be happy. Also they are no where near each other in scope of project. Of they were to go back and add new challenge modes they would also have to come up with new bronze and silver rewards as well as whole new xmog armor sets for gold. That's too much work for blizz

Deleted
    New models! There are so much that needs to worked on model wise.

If they update models I 'at least' want them to add in an option to use the old model instead of the new ones. What blizzard's artists may think is "great" I may think is absolutely horrible. If they screw up my cute little nelfie druid with an ugly new model and DON'T allow me to use the old model? I am switching race and class.

Quote Originally Posted by TrapTripper View Post
    So would you rather have new models for every character...

Or challenge mode for every dungeon and raid in the game?

because its both the same scope almost...
    Seeing as new models are for everyone and challenge-modes for just a few, I would vote for new models.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    New models! There are so much that needs to worked on model wise.
    wow 2 is >>>>>>>

and seriously you guys would take the models?

and shadowjester... maybe just achievements and call to arms on the old content "balanced challenge" raids and dungeons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    New models definitely. How can you look at yaungol compared to tauren and be happy. Also they are no where near each other in scope of project. Of they were to go back and add new challenge modes they would also have to come up with new bronze and silver rewards as well as whole new xmog armor sets for gold. That's too much work for blizz
    Challenge modes would be much less work than new player models. For new player models, they have to build a unique animation rigging for each gender of each race (a monumental undertaking,) redesign all the animations, make the actual models, create completely new skins/faces/hair styles. After that, they need to ensure all leg, boot, shoulder, glove, and helm models are scaled and textured correctly for each gender of each race, and fix them if they aren't. ALL while preserving the look and feel of the old models, which is not something some programmer can look at and quantify.

All of that versus some number crunching and new item sets.

As for the actual topic at hand, I suppose I'd prefer the new models, simply because I can't do challenge modes. There are no geared tanks or healers in my guild, and PuGing challenge modes seems... Unfeasible.

However, as has been said, the two departments have very little to do with one another.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Seeing as new models are for everyone and challenge-modes for just a few, I would vote for new models.
    they are for all

its not just "challenge mode" but scaling old content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    I really don't see why they just can't do both...and well as for the rewards...they do have those lovely unused remade gear models of things from classic-wrath...why not use those and just add a fancy animation for them

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 10:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TrapTripper View Post
    they are for all

its not just "challenge mode" but scaling old content
    Well in that case ...new models why the hell scale old raids ...it's one of the issues some ppl don't like since it's kinda..ya know "recycling" old content for new.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not criticizing anyone who feels strongly about new character models but they don't have anything to do with how the game plays really. On the other hand, going all out to make every dungeon in the game challenge mode doesn't sound very interesting either and mostly a waste of time. It would be nice to have old raids normalized but not at the expense of doing new things.

So neither really. To be fair, my main forever has been a shadow priest so I don't get much out of new models. But that's purely cosmetic so not really important for me.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

New models, for sure.