Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I love romaine lettuce, that's about all though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a country in Europe, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Yup, and most romanians are vampires. That's why when foreign people come here people are all nice and stuff, they want to drink your blood. If they're mean to you, then your blood type is not good. True story.
    omg... you are a vampire...don't eat me! please i have a full life to live!
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I hail from a Hungarian/Greek family and I live in Spain. A few years ago I worked on a project in Transylvania for roughly a year. So it's combination of remote family ties, personal experience and first hand knowledge of Romanian immigrants in Spain, whom form the largest ethnic minority in Spain.
    That makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Things I know:
    - Dracula's hood
    - full of vampires
    - full of gypsies
    - annexed Transylvania from Austria, yeah dawg
    - used to smash the Ottomans back in the day (especially Dracula lol)
    Actually, daco-romans lived in Transylvania. In around the 9-10th century, the hungarians came, but the proto-romanians never left.
    As time passed the proto-romanians still didn't learn the hungarian or austrian languages, and kept much of their culture. There were even times when Transylvania was independent during the Ottoman entry into the Habsburg Empire (can't remember year).

Tehnically before WW1, Transylvania belonged to Hungary, while Banat and Bucovina belonged to Austria in the Austro-Hungarian Empire. However, those regions united with Romania by their choice.

About Dracula, or if you want Vlad Tepes, he liked to put people in stakes. He would take criminals or ottoman soldiers and order a stake to be sticked through their ass all the way to their shoulder. If done right, the subjects didn't die directly, but in horrible pains afterwards. When he got in power, at the pretext of meeting with the ottoman envoys here, he called them in a wood fort somewhere in Bucharest. The ottoman envoys and their soldiers gathered in there and he ordered the structure to be set aflame.

Quote Originally Posted by Elodeon View Post
    I was in Romania for a day or so, about 13 years ago.

At that time:
    - The roads were bad, many potholes, bad ones.
    - The cars were old and shitty.
    - Buildings were decrepit, tired, and ugly.
    - People were commuting to work in ugly old diesel churning buses chock full of people.
    - Nature was lovely.
    - There was McDonald's, and it was cheap.
    - Government officials seemed corruptible.
    - Local currency was worthless... but I still had to show my ID to buy it.

I'm sure much has changed in 13 years. And on the other hand, some things have likely stayed the same.

Overall, it seemed a decade or two behind in development compared to my country, and seemed like a corrupt, sad place.
    We have better cars now, both for people and for transport buses. So... not so much has changed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rybak View Post
    All what I know is beer called ciuc. Strong alcoholic dring tzuika(70+%). Fantastic food. Lovely woman. Vlad the Dracula. Rubbish airport in Baku. No motorways (100+ km only). Plenty of dogs on the streets.
    Yes, tzuica is good. And I think it's Bacau as town. Dogs are sort of gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    From what my two Romanian friends have told me, a country that suffered Communism and Fascism. Probably the only nation that speaks their language, their culture is very similar to every other country in Latin America, their men drink and like sports. They hate Gypsies, and stray dogs. Girly things are looked down upon.

Fastest internet speed in the world, most of their people speak english but don't like speaking it in public. Horses. Another European country rich in history...

Oh, and this smiley:
    =)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    True about internet, that's one thing I love about my country, the internet is great. I have a 40 MB connection now for 20 euros per month. And I still live in a part of the city what isn't so great in connections and stuff. In other parts the speed can go up to 100 MB

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 02:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    It is a country in Europe, right?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    omg... you are a vampire...don't eat me! please i have a full life to live!
    You're too far away now... but you can come visit Romania. We have beautiful landscapes and good internet. Yup.

No, but seriously now, if anyone ever visits my country, make sure to calculate the exact exchange rate for euros/dollars - lei otherwise you'll be scammed.

Deleted
    Vlad the Impaler.
    The End

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    Vlad the Impaler.
    The End
    Do you know of his real life or only of his transylvanian vampire myth?

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Things I know:

- annexed Transylvania from Austria, yeah dawg
    Someone skipped their history lessons i see ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much I know its geographical position, that it was dacia/thrace at one time but invaded with a major portion of the local populace exterminated at the hands of the roman emperor Trajan.
    Repopulated/colonized by the romans again hence Romania.

well ... : 1-all it's history bordering 3 big empires trying to chop it down
    2-fascism + communism
    3-present day: corrupt retarded politicians
    4-miracle it still exists

Probably has been mentioned a hundred times already: Dracula!

Deleted
    I know that i loved to drink some Ursus at Mamaia, Constanta ftw !!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bmps View Post
    It's where Transylvania used to be located yeah? Castle Bran is just outside of Brasov if I remember correctly. It i supposed ot be one of the world's best preserved medieval cities. You share the same language as Moldova. I think Scholomance in WoW was named after the necromancy school that Dracula was supposed to have attended in Bram Stoker's novel. It was situated in the middle of a lake in the Carpathian mountains that runs somewhere through the middle of Romania. Capital is Bucharest. Michael Jackson had a concert there in 1992. There are a lot of gypsies. Was a former colony of Rome, hence the name. And last but not least, Romania has some seriously beautiful women :P
    You know more then me ( a romanian ) lol

Deleted
    united moldavia (romanian part o moldavia and actual moldavia republic) was the gate of christianity, as far as i know 500 ago stefan (the great ? am i right?) sended letters to all european kings and to the pope to ask aid from the ottoman empire no1 came to help but they still defended that part of europe ( east) and other things, in fact romania played a bigger role in europe history, before the first world war they were much better developed than 80% of europe.
    Also i readed that scholomance was based on a romanian story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vlad Dracul, and the South Park episode with the quintuplets.

Deleted
    that your fellow country men hide in the back of trucks filled with good's from other countries to avoid immigration officials and get into the UK.
    From there your fellow country men then end up getting priority on housing and a lot of other benefits whilst working and taking jobs from local people.
    This can be said and applied to a lot of eastern European countries, so please don't think that I am singling your country out alone.

if you come here legally, and pay your way great ill welcome you with open arms, you sneak into the country with the intent of living off the state and working at the same time, I will be amongst the first to inform on you and do everything in my power to get you removed from the country.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2012-11-26 at 01:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Yes.
    I knew it, now I feel smart.

Deleted
    I have a lot of Romanian contact where I live - Lisbon, Portugal.

Over the last years, a lot of Romanians have moved to Portugal, I've seen the good and bad side of Romania:

One of my good friends is Romanian, he did very well in school (considering he was still learning the language), went to become very successful in Uni and s now working for a great company+doing his master degree in Economics. Top guy, very down to earth, pleasure to have him as a friend.

I've also met many other Romanians, some have moved to other countries, I still keep in touch, nice and friendly people.

^That's the good things about Romania.

For the bad parts... Romanian gypsies... the last couple of years there has been an increase of Romanian gypsies in the area where I live, they are loud and unhygienic, many of my neighbors are Romanian gypsies, they listen to weird music all day, they pollute our streets, kids obviously grow up without any guidance (common to see little kids playing outside at 12pm - on the dangerous streets of Lisbon's outskirts)...

Romanians are cool... except if you're a gypsy lol.

Deleted
    I love soo much how ppls from UK complain about other ppl imigrating to them, but they forgot the fact that they corrupted the world with their forced colonization.

Deleted
    There is no trend to imigrate to another country, not from Romania. We don't just wait to massive relocate to UK or another country.

The first to leave after we got accepted to EU were the gypsies but that's due to there nature, they min-max literally everything. So if they beg on the street and they can get more money in France they move there. But to be fair the problem is an european now, since gypsies exist in other countrys as well even before "ours" moved there. Other countries alsmot has/had the same problems, and if I would give some examples it would be Germany witht he turks, France with n afrikaans and so on...
    But that's another subject from another day, I was just trying to correct the misinformations out there presented by media and or political parties to win some votes over the national pride of it's voters/citizens. Hence the "keep the immigrants out, they are all gypsies..." type of propaganda.
    Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2012-11-26 at 01:37 PM.

The hottest cam girls are Romanian.