Page 1 of 3
LastLast

First 10 ranked games: Lost.

Where is that gonna put me in ranking? I haven't played all 10 yet, but 8 of them have been losses thanks to feeders and trolls. Should I even bother trying to play ranked now?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Where is that gonna put me in ranking? I haven't played all 10 yet, but 8 of them have been losses thanks to feeders and trolls. Should I even bother trying to play ranked now?
    You start at 1250, you lose about 30-50 in the first 10 games.

You're around 800-1000 ELO. It's not that bad. It's like only 25 % of the lol players thats above 1250.

ahhh.. I feel your pain.

I did my first two ranked games the other night, and lost both due to my team going into insane feed mode and making shockingly bad decisions, they both got surrendered at 20 or just after and we got stomped totally. I played support, but I honestly think whatever lane I had picked that game would have been unwinnable with 4 other people all feeding several kills each early on.

At this point I was very annoyed, and almost queued for a 3rd game, when i made myself stop, and quit for the night. I don't play well when annoyed, and I wanted to try again fresh another day.

My 3rd game I won due to trolls on enemy team, 3 people chose mid, 1 afked, the other built troll items, only bot lane played well, and my team felt bad for them, was not a pleasant win for me.

My 4th game, I queued with my partner who jungles a lot, we got a sensible win which felt good.

After those first 2 games though, I almost decided to leave ranked for good if that was how it would be :< I hope I have better luck than those in the next 6...

Deleted
    Have the same problem, always getting players who either disconnect for 10 min or the whole game, or players who feed or make bad decisions .

Deleted
    I wouldnt read too much into it mate. I lost my first 8 ranked games and was at 2 wins 11 losses. I have now won 12 ranked games in a row. Fortunes change drastically.

Switched my last 2 games to Shyvana, hadn't played her yet for ranked, and dominated both games. Shut down their jungler, and kept forcing flashes on my ganks, and we won both games.

Deleted
    The games during the first month after the reset are all going to be horribly imbalanced and unable to count on at all.

I came from 1688 elo and i JUST fought myself to back to 1400 after having lost my first 6 and ending up at 1170~... Give it some time and the games will be more accurate in terms if determining your skill level

Deleted
    bear in mind that the other team is in the same situation. Unless you are personally feeding a lot, you should win some games because the other team can be bad also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm.
    You don't currently get ELO do you?
    I just won a ranked game and it didn't show ELO.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

You will be around 800 elo and no offence but if you cant hard carry matchs at that elo you are not a 1200 elo player anyway and even though it might feel weird due to how you lost, that may be close to your elo. However if you are above 1.2k elo in actual skill then you should have no problem hard carrying your self to around 1k elo and after that its just a matter of time.

Also, I have dodged a couple of games I think would be kind of a loss waiting to happen...

The other team ban random stuff, ok thats good

So our first pick starts telling people to play stuff they have no experience playing, because it's OP. I point out trying a new champion you barely play, in a ranked game for like 3 people in the team isn't very OP. At this point he starts caps lock spamming in russian..

Yep... not sticking about to see how that goes down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Uhm.
    Was it placement still?

Deleted
    Uhm.
    I think your first 5? placement matches don't show.

With that mindset you shouldn't playing this game anymore. "I lost 8 times because of feeders and trolls"
    Maybe man up and learn from your own mistakes so you might be able to carry yourself out of the ELO where you are right now. There is always a way to win, you can even win 4on5 if you try hard enough and have the right mechanical skill.

Deleted
    I haven't bothered reading the posts that have been made so far.... :b

But, you really shouldn't be playing ranked games after so many loses, you shouldn't, at all!

Playing ranked games and being angry, or somehow being emotionally unstable(something like that), will make you lose games, trust me.

Also, don't blame others for their mistakes, or your's, focus on your play instead of others, also, buy wards. :b

To anyone who has said along the lines of: "If you can't carry your team then you belong where you are." Don't post in my threads. You CAN NOT carry a team of feeders even if you are 3k rated in skill. No matter how much better you are then the other team, if they feed off your team, collectively they will get stronger then you. Unless they all run around out of position and you can 1v1 them, or your team gets it's act together, if your team is worse then theirs, and can't handle it, you will lose.

Uhm.
    You have to play a certain amount of games before it shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Also, I have dodged a couple of games I think would be kind of a loss waiting to happen...

The other team ban random stuff, ok thats good

So our first pick starts telling people to play stuff they have no experience playing, because it's OP. I point out trying a new champion you barely play, in a ranked game for like 3 people in the team isn't very OP. At this point he starts caps lock spamming in russian..

Yep... not sticking about to see how that goes down.
    I dodged a game when I chose Shyv, mid chose Karth, top chose Olaf, adc chose graves, and the last guy chose ap yi. Would have been nice to know we get a 30 min wait time for queue dodging ranked. lol

Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    bear in mind that the other team is in the same situation. Unless you are personally feeding a lot, you should win some games because the other team can be bad also.
    Yeah but it comes down to "is your team worse then them?". When the enemy adc has infinity edge by 10 mins, it's hard to get victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Also, don't blame others for their mistakes, or your's, focus on your play instead of others, also, buy wards. :b

I don't make many mistakes, and I'm always the only one warding. Oh, no, the support wards. At the start, then never does again.

Deleted
    Thats like totally the reason i dont wanna go into soloqueue right now. I dont think that i'd lose the first 10 games or so but who knows what might happen.
    Im better off waiting a little and play duo with someone. At least thats what i wanna do.

Deleted
    @Pandragon coz i suck at quoting

This is not your personal blog, if you post here you will get people disagreeing with you (mostly because you are being completely irrational). I suggest you stream or record some of your games and upload them so other people can actually see them here.

You make tons of misstakes, there is no doubt about it. The fact is, everyone makes a lot of misstakes, especially those in low ELO. You are not better than your ELO and you will never be with this attitude. You need to decide to become better at this game and start from there. Look for your misstakes and try to remember them and avoid them. Focus on any one role and master it (even support) and you will raise ELO, there is no doubt about it. Everyone makes misstakes, you can look at a top ELO streamer and you will even see them making a bunch of misstakes, everyone should focus on improving instead about whining about their teams.

You´ll actually raise ELO gradually by just not trolling or afking, as you can see in the video linked in the megathread he says "if you´re not a afker or troller". Well I absolutely believe from looking at your posts that you are the problem, you either rage at your team, refuse to acknowledge your own misstakes or you simply don´t perform as well as you say you do.

This is coming from a guy who ended last season with 1400 ELO, so I´m not even that great either. The difference is I don´t claim I´m "stuck" here, 1400 is my skilllevel until I improve and become better than it. Your ELO is what you make it, I take it as an opportunity to learn, but if you wanna bitch about your team every game then your ELO will be ELO hell for you, and you are the only one to blame for that.

/end rant

Quote Originally Posted by derp singed View Post
    Thats like totally the reason i dont wanna go into soloqueue right now. I dont think that i'd lose the first 10 games or so but who knows what might happen.
    Im better off waiting a little and play duo with someone. At least thats what i wanna do.
    I prefer to play with my IRL friend. He isn't amazing, but he is about average. Except he is a little too aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    @Pandragon coz i suck at quoting

This is not your personal blog, if you post here you will get people disagreeing with you (mostly because you are being completely irrational). I suggest you stream or record some of your games and upload them so other people can actually see them here.

You make tons of misstakes, there is no doubt about it. The fact is, everyone makes a lot of misstakes, especially those in low ELO. You are not better than your ELO and you will never be with this attitude. You need to decide to become better at this game and start from there. Look for your misstakes and try to remember them and avoid them. Focus on any one role and master it (even support) and you will raise ELO, there is no doubt about it. Everyone makes misstakes, you can look at a top ELO streamer and you will even see them making a bunch of misstakes, everyone should focus on improving instead about whining about their teams.

You´ll actually raise ELO gradually by just not trolling or afking, as you can see in the video linked in the megathread he says "if you´re not a afker or troller". Well I absolutely believe from looking at your posts that you are the problem, you either rage at your team, refuse to acknowledge your own misstakes or you simply don´t perform as well as you say you do.

This is coming from a guy who ended last season with 1400 ELO, so I´m not even that great either. The difference is I don´t claim I´m "stuck" here, 1400 is my skilllevel until I improve and become better than it. Your ELO is what you make it, I take it as an opportunity to learn, but if you wanna bitch about your team every game then your ELO will be ELO hell for you, and you are the only one to blame for that.

/end rant
    I make tons of mistakes? No doubt about it? Wow you must be psychic. ELO does not show your skill. I do not make "tons" of mistake. I work very hard to not make any mistakes. I do here and there, but it's not common for me to mess up. Idc if someone disagrees with me on something, but don't come in here guaranteeing that I make mistakes and I'm bad cause my ELO is low. I'm not some chub who just hit 30 and went "durp im gonna play rankz and ownz ppl!1!1!"

Someone with Troll in their name shouldn't talk about someone else trolling. I only rage at my team when my bot lane ADC is 0/5/0 within the first 10 mins. Or bitches when they get ganked by the enemy jungler, when they aren't warding.

"Don't claim I'm stuck here". Did you even read my post? Did you even read the thread title. I was asking losing the first 10 games, would my ELO be so low that I shouldn't even bother playing ranked anymore. But I ended up winning my last 2 games I played switching jungle champions. Also complaining about the teams you get doesn't stick you in a specific spot in rating. You talk about skill, but sit here and pretend to know what my skill level is. Just because I'm having a fit. You lose games and sit at 1400, and you're ok with that. Fine for you, but when I ward the spots I need to ward, and all my ganks end in either kills, or uses up the enemy summoner spells. Or I shut down the enemy jungler, but lose anyways cause one or more of the lanes feed when I'm not baby sitting their lanes. Yes I'm gonna bitch about it, and rage out. But that wasn't the point of the thread. It was to find out where I would be in rating cause I couldn't see my rating yet. I figured I'd be like, 200, but I'm almost 1200.

Deleted
    I don't make many mistakes, and I'm always the only one warding. Oh, no, the support wards. At the start, then never does again.
    Yeah, you and everyone on low elo always says this.

If you are in low elo, you are definitely making mistakes, so look at your gameplay, focus on your gameplay, and improve it, don't say you don't make mistakes, because you do, everyone does.

Only the people that see that they make mistakes can rise in elo, that is, if you try to improve or change those mistakes of course.

Also, Season 3 just started, or, the elo just reseted, so, you should expect a lot of bad players and trolls and what not, I'd say refrain yourself from playing ranked games for atleast a month or so.