Heroic Spirit Kings 10men

Hello there,

we tried the boss this lockout for the first time and have some problems with the fight. We did it with one tank and three healers but often we died before the first transition. If we made it past Qiang (what is really hard because often people died to annihilate while dodging flanking orders), we were mostly struggeling to Madding Shout or with the transitions having our tank being killed by two boss mobs (Meng at 80 energy + another boss is too hard for us).

So my questions are:
    - is there any positioning during Qiang to make the dodging of annihilate and flanking order easier?
    - should we stay at 1/6/3 or switch to 2/6/2 to make transitions easier?
    - when do you use bloodlust/heroism?

Thanks
    Keashaa

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    2/2 for tanks heal

I think you run into issues with enrage with 1 tank 3 heal to be honest. I've seen some one tank and two heal strats, but I personally wouldn't recommend it. It's pretty sketchy to be honest.

What we do is have the tank pop a big CD when flanking orders is coming out (when the second spirit king becomes active) so he can solo tank him during the flanking orders. This allows the raid to worry about living through the flanking orders instead of trying to keep with the tank, and it also allows to the tank to book it in one safe direction almost immediately. Shortly after that flanking order we have an annihilate to which we stack up like we normally do. Be quick though because pinning arrows will be coming out around 10 seconds later.

We usually lust after the second flanking orders when Qiang is around 35-40%. Should be enough to kill him before Subetai or any other king (if you aren't resetting for a particular king) uses their dangerous special ability.

There is no special position that I know of that makes Qiang easier. Set up markers around the room, call a safe spot and drag the boss there. You don't need everyone taking the damage as long as 4-5 are taking it nobody should come close to dying.

Def. do 2 tank 2 heal, and just have your 2 tanks soak the attacks while your raid is just spread out, your dps is much higher this way, and 2 tanks can easily take the hits.

Deleted
    They're called Reset kings for a reason.

Doing it in any other order than Qijang > Subetai > Zian > Meng is just making it harder for your team.

Reset untill this combo shows.
    We usually have someone telling people when flanking/annihilate is comming up. Since we lack a priest. we wait out the shield at 31%. While doing this we also wait for annhilate so we can co-ordinate when subetai gets active. without getting smacked in the face by annhilate/cleave/volley at the same time.

Having Meng last could also be helpful if you hit the enrage and he goes into his Cowardice phase. Will give you a good 20 seconds to kill of the boss.

we use 1 tank 2heal 7 dps
    we use bloodlust during the Zian > Meng transition (The last one) Since stacking for maddening while getting aoederped by Zian aint too funny.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LlVt2OJl0A This is our kill. and it's by no means glorious. I get overzealous about the Shield on Zian, you can hear me spamming out on mumble "No Dipps, no dipps no dipps, absolutely no Dipps"
    Last edited by mmocec14909945; 2012-11-26 at 09:56 AM.

Deleted
    You really should consider going 1 tank 2 heal for this fight like Kluddesu said. Being a healer myself i can assure you there is not much to heal after Qijang is dead and you need every little bit of dmg for the transitions. If your tank dies while Meng has high Energy you can easily avoid this by letting one of your healers taunt Meng at ~85, tank taunts back before the boss reaches the healer. Energy should be reset by then.

Also resetting until Subetai is 2nd really really helps. Doenst matter much if Meng or Zian is 3rd, every order is killable. Even though Zian 3rd is propably a bit easier.

gl 2 u guys!

For Qiang we hug in the center and when Flanking Order comes we move to a corner (four raid markers to help everyone move to the same spot), we stay there until Annihilate comes and everyone moves back to center at that point. Save all big CDs for the first transition, use hero, and make sure you burn through it ASAP. Also, resetting to Subotai is your second one up really helps, but you have to kill Qiang before the first rain of arrows so ranged can be well away from melee at that point, otherwise you're screwed.

We also start out in a corner (for easy resetting) and move to the center at the first Annihilate.

Here's our kill video, I think it shows our movement strategy fairly well:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LLHCfOIUlY
    We did it with 1 tank and 2 healers. It works well but you just have to avoid them shields and handle the shadow adds well!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Hello there,

we tried the boss this lockout for the first time and have some problems with the fight. We did it with one tank and three healers but often we died before the first transition. If we made it past Qiang (what is really hard because often people died to annihilate while dodging flanking orders), we were mostly struggeling to Madding Shout or with the transitions having our tank being killed by two boss mobs (Meng at 80 energy + another boss is too hard for us).

So my questions are:
    - is there any positioning during Qiang to make the dodging of annihilate and flanking order easier?
    - should we stay at 1/6/3 or switch to 2/6/2 to make transitions easier?
    - when do you use bloodlust/heroism?

Thanks
    Keashaa

What works for my 10man raid might not work for you since all raidteams have their strengths and weaknesses. I solo tanked it with 2 healers (Hpaladin /Rshaman ,altho any healing comp is most likely fine).

For Annihilate It's just about running straight through him and stacking up, I had marked myself to make it easier for stacking. When It's Annihilate/Flanking It's still just the same, avoid Annihilate by running through him and then staying stacked on me(the tank) while moving around to dodge the flankings, not to complicated.

We Bloodlusted at 30% of Qiang, altho you can probably justify using Blood lust later on in the fight when it gets more hectic.
    When meng is at 80+ insanity your tank needs a defensive cooldown to make it less dodgy, especially if tanking 2 bosses at the same time.

In the end this fight is all about getting familiar with every aspect of all of the bosses. If you are dying to annihilate chances are that you will need alot of tries to get this down, but keep trying! No success without hard work.

10+ Year Old Account
    We also use 1 tank and 2 heals. Some people reset until you get the perfect order, but we just reset when we'd get Meng 2nd. Lust/hero during the transition to Meng, because you really can't tank him at high energy along with another boss so whoever you had at 30% needs to die ASAP. If a big problem is people dying to Annihilate during flanking orders then you really just need to communicate better. The tank should be marked, and he needs to call out where he's going with the boss and then everyone stays with him while he moves. You don't need to do it perfectly, as you can definitely survive if you have a couple people out of it, you'll only start having deaths from it when you have several people out. With 7 dps the enrage isn't really an issue, but if you use 6 then they will all need to be on the ball. Its doable, I believe, but its going to be difficult.

I'm gonna have to disagree with some answers here. You should do it with 1 tank and 2 heals, there is no reason to bring a second tank (there are very few 2tanks videos out there). Having 7 dps will help you reach the enrage timer and will help you kill the king faster during the transitions.
    If the 1st transition is too much of a problem, use pots or lust but it would be better to keep them for the last transition.

Subetai has to be second otherwise it's 3x harder and Zian should be 3rd, it's a bit harder if he's 4th but it's doable.

Have your rad lead(s) announce EVERYTHING, when to pack, when to spread, when to stop DPS (shields), when to switch... It'll help a fuckton.

Deleted
    We killed it for the first time this reset. 1 tank, 2 heal, 7 dps. Always reset until you get subetai second. For the first transition, the hunter guy will be ontop of qiang, so when he starts to volley, move through him, then when he annihilates, move to the side, Then just avoid pillage as normal. Kill Qiang before pinning arrows and spread, and stay spread for the whole right (apart from maddening).

As for flanking orders with Qiang up, simply have your MT announce which way he's going to run as the flanking appears, and the rest of the raid can get a small headstart in that direction. We lust this transition to kill Qiang before pinning arrows.

IMO, the hardest part of the fight is when the hunter is alive. It leaves you open to a lot of RNG if you get pinned down in a flanking, unless you're a warlock or human (we had no BoP / grip).

We had meng third, we managed to burn subetai before a maddening.

We repotted / stormlash etc for the meng >zian transition, and used every raid CD when he maddening shouts, since zians aoe dmg with raid aoe is nasty.

For your questions:

We positioned him at the back of the room, and it was usually just a matter of sidestepping left or right, or moving back a tiny bit.

I would honestly recommend 1/7/2. It will guarentee you have the dps for transition checks and will make the whole fight a lot smoother. There is no need to bring three healers since the damage isn't that bad, and just have your tank pop his 50% when tanking meng + other king.

We used BL during the first transition since we seemed to need it to get Qiang down before pinning arrows, but if you can avoid it here then use it on a meng transition.