Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    Less than 1% of prisoners are identified as atheists while 72% are Christians. Consequences obviously don't stop Christians. People aren't immoral based on religion, it's more on intelligence and upbringing.
    Have you considered in prison, faiths the only thing that provides any shread of redemption, stability and control. Largest amount of conversion happens in prison, a famous one being Malcolm X. Psychopaths tend to be athetist. Sociopaths as well, who tend to be highly intelligent, and liberal as they don't give shit any belief system. So, its not just intelligence or upbringign.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    Less than 1% of prisoners are identified as atheists while 72% are Christians. Consequences obviously don't stop Christians. People aren't immoral based on religion, it's more on intelligence and upbringing.
    Where are you getting your fudged numbers from? Last reports count TWICE AS MANY ATHEIST (by percent) in prison compared to in the population. So if 4% of the population is atheist, 8% of the prison system was atheist.

Considering we have more than "less than 1%" Atheist in population, it's impossible we have less than 1% in prison.

77% approval rating???? i live in jersey and have yet to meet one person to say anything good about CC. he's not helping the people, thats for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    So I see this thread did indeed get hijacked by a topic completely against the rules of the forums. Good job team.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post

Hey, what was the Republican Senators name who was soliciting a male prostitute in a bathroom at the airport?
    It was the MPLS/ST Paul airport, iirc. And iirc (again) he was one of the very 'Traditional Marriage because gays are bad' types.

10+ Year Old Account
    Laize, why would you want the GOP in the White House when they're just as shit as - maybe even more than - the Democrats you complain about?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Where are you getting your fudged numbers from? Last reports count TWICE AS MANY ATHEIST (by percent) in prison compared to in the population. So if 4% of the population is atheist, 8% of the prison system was atheist.

Considering we have more than "less than 1%" Atheist in population, it's impossible we have less than 1% in prison.
    You should be in prison for the ruthless murder of statistics you just did here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aalyy View Post
    You should be in prison for the ruthless murder of statistics you just did here!!
    How is that a murder of statistics? It was an example to show that in prison the rate of atheism is 2x that in population. The actual numbers still show a 2x percent in prison compared to population.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Not to be pedantic but people saying "tow the line" is right up there with "rediculous" on my list of pet peeves.

It's "toe the line".

That said, Christie has shown no hint of flip flopping on platforms. He's done exactly what he pledged to do when we elected him and shown no signs of flip flopping at the RNC. He also has a rather odd habit of not pushing his personal beliefs on an unwilling public.
    dont think ive ever seen the phrase in written form. figured it was like fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Laize, why would you want the GOP in the White House when they're just as shit as - maybe even more than - the Democrats you complain about?
    Because unions!

Considering he passed a bill allowing the state of NJ to not pay back money that they took from the Police and Fire Pension system, and continues to cut funding and is increasing the amount that they are required to put in. I don't support him as a candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    dont think ive ever seen the phrase in written form. figured it was like fishing.
    I believe it comes from the military and stepping up to the line, or putting your toes on the front lines. Toe the line is right. Tow the line isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I believe it comes from the military and stepping up to the line, or putting your toes on the front lines. Toe the line is right. Tow the line isn't.
    well that makes sense then.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

1% of the prison population is composed of atheists or agnostics. 14% of the general population identify themselves as athiest or agnostic (up to 40% as simply "non religious). These are not contested numbers. You can confirm them with the latest census info and the Federal Bureau of Prisons. Does my joke about murdering stats more sense now?? It might not have been funny ever but it's definitely not funny when you have to explain it, lol.

Because Christie is a right-leaning moderate.

I like that.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 07:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Armagedous View Post
    Considering he passed a bill allowing the state of NJ to not pay back money that they took from the Police and Fire Pension system, and continues to cut funding and is increasing the amount that they are required to put in. I don't support him as a candidate.
    He's not cutting funding. He's freezing funding. He's tried to work with the unions and they refuse to give ground.

Yes, he's increasing the money they're required to pay in... from nothing to 1% of their pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you expect the GOP to drop their bullshit by 2016? Genuine question here.

So, you expect the GOP to drop their bullshit by 2016? Genuine question here.
    I think it's more distant hope than expectation, that the Republican party drops back to the more libertarian/constitutional party members.

I doubt they'll change their gameplan significantly, especially with a different Democrat candidate taking up the torch in 2016. They'll probably see it as an opportunity to just pin the failings of Obama's term on the Democrats at large and step in with the same-old and try to take the presidency with that, and likely avoid the point that the same-old won't win the game or help the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I think it's more distant hope than expectation, that the Republican party drops back to the more libertarian/constitutional party members.

I doubt they'll change their gameplan significantly, especially with a different Democrat candidate taking up the torch in 2016. They'll probably see it as an opportunity to just pin the failings of Obama's term on the Democrats at large and step in with the same-old and try to take the presidency with that, and likely avoid the point that the same-old won't win the game or help the country.
    Overall, the US would probably be far better off with the conservative party than the proliferation of the libertarian party (in terms of economic issues. I have zero problems with social libertarianism).

Deleted
    I don´t get the GOP... Do they think that removing unions and giving companies free reigns will bring out their altruistic side?

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    I don´t get the GOP... Do they think that removing unions and giving companies free reigns will bring out their altruistic side?
    No. They think it will be better for them, personally.