Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why limit the Fortune coins to 3 per week?

Is everyone else having a hard time making a decision on which bosses to use them?

Same reason they limit how many times you can down a boss in normal and heroic.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I dont usually have any issue, Im more bothered that the max is only 10 at a time. I have over 1300, let me convert them all to fortune coins so I can get them out of my inventory!

Thankfully, 5.1 fixes this but it should have been a currency since day 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    They want to make it a choice. As for having difficulty figuring out which bosses to use it on, considering my guild has only been killing 5/16 on a regular basis, and I don't really need gear from any of the bosses we've killed, I just use them on LFR Lei Shi, Grand Empress, and Sha of Anger.

They're limited so that hardcore raiders don't need to do every possible daily on all the characters they raid with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    They're limited so that hardcore raiders don't need to do every possible daily on all the characters they raid with.
    This, thankfully.

15+ Year Old Account
    They could be limited to something more than three though. The initial daily grind to exalteds alone sets you up for six months worth of gold coins as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    They could be limited to something more than three though. The initial daily grind to exalteds alone sets you up for six months worth of gold coins as it is.
    And yet, the vast majority of people do not do dailies every single day until they are exalted on all of their characters.

Personally, I'm happy with the limit being three. I have absolutely no idea how somebody would be so masochistic to want there to be no cap, or even just have it raised.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post

Personally, I'm happy with the limit being three. I have absolutely no idea how somebody would be so masochistic to want there to be no cap, or even just have it raised.
    So much truth. Dailies can rot XD. Personally I wish there were ways aside from daily quests that you could get the coins. As for their three per week limitation, I'll live with it (one for Sha, one for LFR boss with trinket, one for LFR boss with Sha touched weapon).
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

I agree that we should get more, but I must make do with these. For me it's no question, all coins go to the sha of fear! I really want that axe.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Because people lack self control.

Especially in wow...

Personally I just co-ordinate which bosses I need loot from and use them. With trinkets and weapons being more rarer.

One of my guildies has about 6-700 lesser charms left over and taking up space in his bags just from normally doing dailies.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

15+ Year Old Account
    And yet, the vast majority of people do not do dailies every single day until they are exalted on all of their characters.

I don't do dailies every day either. That's why I'm not even close to being exalted with everyone yet. I still have three extra stacks of coins sitting in my bank and I'd rather have a couple extra loot rolls now than when I'm just using it on bosses that drop mounts.

Having a couple extra greater charms is definitely not worth the the hassle of having to do twice as many dailies on any character I care about forever and eternity.

Meh, I think it's a pretty good setup overall...it would be a bit OP if you got 10 per week, for example...that would leave little choice in terms of when you would use them and you'd also get a shitload more loot so they would have to nerf the drop % which would suck. It's all a bonus for doing dailies anyways, I think it's great the way it is now that the stupid silver tokens will be taken out of our inventory.

Few options here:

Unlimited turnins but can still only hold max of 10: You get people being required to do every daily every day in order to get the max number of coins. They also have to raid in order to spend the coins.

Limited turnins but can hold unlimited: People do dailies less, but instead stockpile for the highest bosses. Nobody would use them on raid finder when they will be doing normals later in the night/week.

Limiting both turnin and max number is the best way to not require infinite dailies and actually have people stockpile them.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    One of my guildies has about 6-700 lesser charms left over and taking up space in his bags just from normally doing dailies.
    And I've got 1500 on my main's bank, and there are people that have even more than I do, but that doesn't mean I want to be required to have to do enough dailies to get 300 charms every week on every character I want to raid on. That would be downright stupid.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-11-27 at 05:21 AM.

would you rather farm up enough tokens to drop on every boss and feel that much worse when all you get is a bucket of gold?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I've been using them on LFR usually. Sha-Touched weapons, tier pieces and those beautiful trinkets are worth it when your guild has had issues ultimately slowing down progression. Seriously though, have you seen the stats on those things compared to MSV and the first third of HoF's drops? The limit is to prevent people from drowning in extra rolls and throwing off the balance. The best guilds (Farming all normal modes and working through heroics) would simply bring tons of coins from early on and burn them on ToES normal mode and go back to heroic HoF with too much gear "luck."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Sorry but this is so stupid attitude.

Blizzard could for example get rid of the limit and add more ways to gain the coins, be it HC, LFR, Scenarios, whatever. And have NO cap whatsoever on those. No matter how hardcore progression guild you are in, they're not going to say you have to farm them 24/7. Leaders of these guilds are not stupid, they realize people need at least time to sleep, otherwise their performance will suffer. Maybe then people would realize they're not FORCED by Blizzard to do anything, but that would give people like me who likes to play this game and progress my character outside of raiding something to do. Above could also be applied to Justice/Valor, especially since there's almost always something to do with these now that we can upgrade our gear with them.

Nothing is worse than logging in and realizing you're at valor cap, every faction is at exalted, all raid finders are cleared and there's not a single thing you can do to advance your character until Wednesday. And this is the feeling I get every time I log in.
    Last edited by Alhoon; 2012-11-27 at 05:33 AM.