Has a right to defend his home. However the coup de grace wasn't right. He is being charged correctly and I hope justice is done correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    You seem to misunderstand. It's not about stuff. It's about violating the SECURITY OF YOUR HOUSE. I rely on my home as a private and personal place where I feel secure. If anyone breaks into it, I may never again, for the rest of my life, feel safe inside my own house. THIS is the true extent of their crime. These kids might want my TV, but what they DO is force me to live in fear for the rest of my life. All for my TV.
    this. as far as im concerned the whole "stuff" argument is a red herring at best, a strawman for others. it's not about shit that my insurance will replace, it's about what they CAN'T replace

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't judge that he shot the intruder; I would have in his place. I judge that he shot and disabled the intruder, and then was cruel enough to continue shooting him and the girl that followed. Once on the floor, injured, neither of them were a threat, yet he continued. How can you see that as justified?
    Its not justified when someone is thinking correctly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Don't break into someone's house then?
    Well, at first I thought the OP was wrong and that people on these forums actually do have a bit of humanity and intelligence. But guess what, I was so wrong.

Yes they did break into his house, does that mean he should be allowed to kill them. HELL NO Perhaps some day your kid breaks into a house (and yes, you never know if your kid would do something like that) for giggles or whatever and then they get shot down like this. I wonder what would go around in your twisted heads then. Everyone who thinks they deserved to be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Holidae View Post
    Riiiight. You watch too many movies.
    Yeah, because real life is an action movie where you can kill people for taking your stuff and face no consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkin View Post
    Some of you guys are so narrow-minded, it is actually shocking to read some of the stuff being said. It is like a caveman mentality. YOU NO TAKE MY STUFF, I KILL IF YOU TAKE STUFF
    Put up a sign in front of your house:

"GUN FREE ZONE

The owner of this house does NOT condone the use of deadly force to defend himself, his property, or his family. Violence is wrong!"

DO EET GOGOGO

Deleted
    In Sweden we aren't even allowed to protect ourselves from robbers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Murder only happened the instant he fired shots into the wounded teenagers' skulls. Not before.
    Exactly. I even advocated that you could shoot the kid, but once he's down on the ground, injured, call an ambulance and the police. Let them handle it. Don't go and execute them. That's what I mean by sadistic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Defense of one's property is a fundamental right to all free men and women. If you can't defend your property with lethal force, you are a slave.
    Most of western Europe is populated by slaves now? Tell us more.

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiouslol View Post
    Someone breaking into my home is harming me. I really don't get the logic behind your argument.
    Physically? The only situation where extreme force is justified is in retaliation to or in lieu of reasonable threat of the use of force.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkin View Post
    So you are saying that if you knew someone was in your home, not to harm you, just to take your shit, you would kill them? And you are saying HE is mentally ill?
    Amazing how people don't think defending one's property is a fundamental human right. How's life being a little serf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Typically 'castle doctrine' applies to cars and boats and etc. not just houses.

Wrong no it doesn't Castle Doctrine specifically applies to your HOME. Which could be an RV Boat etc, but not just because its personal property, wish is exactly the way your sentence imply s it

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I know. This was, however, in his house.
    Read the 'reasonable expectations' part of the statue. It's quite impossible to reasonably believe a wounded teenager is a threat. He neutralized the threat with his first shots. The subsequent one to the head was an execution.

Deleted
    Has your home ever been broken into? Have you ever woken up at night to find a stranger in your house?
    Ye, I have. I highly doubt that happened to you, though.

Even if so, if you can't think properly anymore in a situation like that the problem is with you. That goes for every situation which involves panic etc.

Do Europeans really not have the right to defend their own property from robbers? Wow. I hope you find freedom some day in the future.

Deleted
    Amazing how people don't think defending one's property is a fundamental human right. How's life being a little serf?
    Amazing how any idiot can possess a gun.

Do Europeans really not have the right to defend their own property from robbers? Wow.
    You forgot the lethal force part. GG.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to misunderstand. It's not about stuff. It's about violating the SECURITY OF YOUR HOUSE. I rely on my home as a private and personal place where I feel secure. If anyone breaks into it, I may never again, for the rest of my life, feel safe inside my own house. THIS is the true extent of their crime. These kids might want my TV, but what they DO is force me to live in fear for the rest of my life. All for my TV.
    That's something you have to fix on your own. Killing the intruder doesn't bring that peace of mind back. I'm not saying that deadly force is wrong...if someone breaks into my home with the intent of hurting myself or my partner (and you can figure that out pretty fast), damn better believe I'm gonna give them all I have. But I wouldn't do to them what this man did to two unarmed kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Put up a sign in front of your house:

"GUN FREE ZONE

The owner of this house does NOT condone the use of deadly force to defend himself, his property, or his family. Violence is wrong!"

DO EET GOGOGO
    Well i don't need to, because my country is a gun free zone, so i can life peacefully and i don't have to wake up each morning to a fresh article about someone killed unnecessarily.

You are mentally ill with this attitude.

So if I break into your house and start taking your things and you have a gun in hand, what would you do? Would you stand there and let me take them?
    I think Minnesota allows this, but not all states. Self-defense is one thing, defense of property is another.

Deleted
    Come on, how long are you gonna keep playing this act. Just admit that you are nothing more than a forum troll. And that is my opinion, which is my right to have and say.