Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Because it stuck to its guns and got an 18 certificate, its a film for adults not a kid friendly film like the Stallone one.
    Exactly.
    This is the mistake made with a lot of movies based on comics.
    They try to get the age limit as low as possible and by doing that ruin the movie.

@Stormgnoef
    They remade Home Alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Superman Returns (2006). I still do not see the point in this movie, it had everything to be a great movie, nice cast, nice actor playing the villian, possibly a trilogy, but nope, it just failed. 5 minutes of superman action. 2 hours 35 minutes of Lois Lane drama, they had some parts right, but the story completely failed and made no sense. All that said, Man of Steel is my number one most anticipated movie of next year, above anything else, even The Hobbit part 2 and Star Trek. It's looking to be one hell of a film, but then again, so did Superman Returns.
    You mentioned Star Trek, now I have to say NOOOOOOOOOOOO unless they bring it all back to the normal Star Trek reality/universe/dimension, the moment they blew up Vulcan I tuned out.
    Don't get me wrong actors/setting/CGI all top notch but why oh why did they have to create an alternate reality/universe/dimension its pissing me off in the same way Marvel did with the entire Ultimate universe and what DC is doing with the new 52. DON'T CHANGE WHAT WORKS (end caps rant).
    To me the normal star trek universe with Chris Pine as Kirk should/could have been how a young Kirk on a new ship coalesced into the tight running kick ass ship we all came to know and love in the original series not this dribble.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    For that list, I'd automatically choose Dredd, everything about it was great, love the soundtrack, love the action, love how the movie came together for just a 40 million budget.
    I agree Karl Urban was Dredd, spot on for me just wish they had the budget to make Megacity 1 to look and feel like it did in the Sly dissaster. You can say what you want about Sly's version but the city looked like it is penned in the comics and that I missed in the Karl Urban version
    Last edited by Risale; 2012-12-01 at 05:20 PM. Reason: added something

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    The haunting, a horror with owen wilson yeah right
    I always thought it was a comedy, that and House on Haunted Hill remake were the horror-comedies of my childhood. They're just terribly good imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Home alone came out couple of weeks ago and oh god is it bad.
    Is it as bad as A Christmas Story 2? Not that I've seen it but, just the title will tell you it's bad, why it had to be made, i'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Althalus View Post
    Don't get me wrong actors/setting/CGI all top notch but why oh why did they have to create an alternate reality/universe/dimension its pissing me off in the same way Marvel did with the entire Ultimate universe and what DC is doing with the new 52. DON'T CHANGE WHAT WORKS (end caps rant).
    I believe they do that so when they get something wrong they can just be like "Oh, well, it's not that universe, this is a new telling of..." or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    This. Dredd is the perfect example of how to take an utterly awful film and make it palatable and profitable again. Hell, it has franchise potential now.
    Dredd is good eh? I thought it looked terribly boring in the previews....my first impression was some over the top action, and a emotionless robo cop hero, with a lot of "action" one liners. never saw the original movie though.....I'll keep my eye out on it now though.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Total Recall....