Garalon Issues....Not Enrage

It was our first night in Heart of Fear and we made quick work of Vizier and Blade Lord killing them in 2 and 4 pulls. Then we got to Garalon. Our DPS is great and the enrage won't be an issue. What is the issue is who should kite because raid damage is too high and our Fury Warrior getting hammered soaking the Furious Swipes with the MT.

Comp
    Blood DK
    Fury Warrior
    Combat Rogue
    Holy Priest
    Resto Druid
    Resto Shaman
    Fire Mage
    Elemental Shaman
    Affliction Warlock
    Shadow Priest

What is our best bet for who should kite? At the moment we have it as Resto Druid > Holy Priest > Elemental Shaman > Resto Shaman. So all 3 Healers and 1 DPS kiting. This probably needs to change cause raid damage is too high but pulling off a Healer means less DPS on the boss. Also ive seen tons of threads and videos of people using plate DPS to OT the Furious Swipes with a Tank but our Fury Warrior is getting wrecked and we are not sure why. We don't wanna lose his DPS by having him go Prot and 2 Tank it cause he is top DPS. Any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    The warlock, shadow priest, and mage should be doing all the kiting.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

We ran a similar set up. Ours was:

BM Monk
    Blood DK
    2x Rogues
    Fire Mage (Me)
    Shadow Priest
    Mistweaver Monk
    Resto Druid
    Disc Priest
    Ret Pally

Our kiting order went DK->Disc Priest->BM Monk->Druid.

We had our tanks soaking swipes and kept one leg up for the majority of the fight because otherwise he moved too slow for effective kiting. We might have been able to put our mage (me) on kiting duty in place of a healer, but it would have dropped our DPS and put us dangerously close to the enrage. I would suggest either staggering your healers in the kiting order or putting a tank in in place of one of them. If you do that you can either have the tank stack the pools really close to each other, therefore staying in range of the swipe, or you can have your rogue run in and feint swipes until the tank gets back. Who you have kiting all depends on how confident your DPS is in being able to pull enough DPS to beat the enrage while kiting. Mages and Warlocks should be able to do it easily.
    Last edited by Users; 2012-11-28 at 04:50 AM.

Deleted
    Just get your warrior to DPS as normal & get your rogue to tank the cleaves with feint + elusiveness, he will take less damage than the warrior. He can also still stand in the front leg circle, cleave the boss with BF, and take the swipe if he works out the correct positioning.

If you're having big issues with pheramone kiters dying, just assign both the resto druid & resto shaman to that group. Put the 2 kiters, plus both "tanks", plus whoever is healing them in one group and ask them to keep them up. The priest should be able to handle his group on his own no problem provided they stay together. Put a marker on himself and ask them to stay within 30 yards at all times (PoH range). Ranged DPS should not chase the legs, provided one is always dead when mend leg is off CD you will not lose damage on the boss ("tanks" can solo one leg themselves in the allotted time).

Just an additional note regarding the following, the priest should respec disc. If you really want to get the healing down, you can go further with the positioning. Put a marker on the priest, and put a marker on the Resto druid. The priest must stand towards the middle of the room, and all DPS in his group (those not kiting, plus the resto shaman) must be within 30 yards of him. The Resto druid must be to the right of the boss, 30 yards from both the pheramone kiter & the "tanks". Doing this the priest can PoH himself for one group, and PoH the resto druid for the other. The result is huge aegis shields + SS on the raid for every single crush, which believe me makes this fight obscenely easier.

The above assumes you put the tanks on pheramone kiting, which you should do so, there really is no reason not to. Rogues are especially good for this because again, feint means they take less damage than tanks do. I would suggest this order:

Blood DK > Rogue > Resto Sham > Affliction warlock

We're just working on this fight on heroic at the moment, so been thinking about it a lot lately Don't underestimate how important positioning is regarding PoH, on any fight, the disc can seriously carry healing on this encounter & many others in HoF provided your raid is positioned properly.