Thread: Kiting?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Kiting?

I've only seen videos and heard great stories of how people would kite npc elites into major cities. Is this possible now? I'd like to kite that big Sha guy (world boss) to some opposite faction city.

Deleted
    Dont think he can be moved.

I don't think there are any NPC's left that can be kited to major cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure that's no longer possible. They leash (if they move), and evade if moved far enough. Most can't be moved at all any more. The only way is to glitch it, which is against our rules to explain here.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not always big bosses going into big cities!

I have a vague recollection of a story from the early days, of some Horde player who kited Gamon (then a lowly lvl 10 npc) from the Orgrimmar inn all the way down into Un'goro Crater .. or something like that.

Shandris is leashed to her namesake Stronghold, though her adventures into Orgrimmar and eradicating the horde in apocalyptic numbers will forever live on in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's no longer possible. They leash (if they move), and evade if moved far enough. Most can't be moved at all any more. The only way is to glitch it, which is against our rules to explain here.
    It's a bummer that players can no longer do this. I think its more of the "oh man we did it" and "lets see what happens now" type moments that we dont get from dungeons or raids. I guess its more of WoW players being rebels with a twist. 8)

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 08:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
    It's not always big bosses going into big cities!

I have a vague recollection of a story from the early days, of some Horde player who kited Gamon (then a lowly lvl 10 npc) from the Orgrimmar inn all the way down into Un'goro Crater .. or something like that.
    I'd love to see a video of this. I'm sure it took hours.

I remember in vanilla people used to kite the mobs that were around the world dragons into Org. The nature ones would come in and mass entangle everyone, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by frigoffrick View Post
    I remember in vanilla people used to kite the mobs that were around the world dragons into Org. The nature ones would come in and mass entangle everyone, haha.
    ad

Even though there was no loot or achievement out of this, people still enjoyed the ability to do this because it was FUN.

One time 2 guildies and myself kited that big aggroable dragon near the caverns of time (this was in wrath when he wasnt leashed). I aggro'd him and ran with the two of them healing me. About halfway to org our guild leader found out and brought the rest of our guild in to meet us at the gates of orgrimmar cheering as we watched him aggro random players

Someone kited the big shark in the water around Dread wastes or Steppes out of the water to the farm area recently.

Deleted
    You can kite most Vale rares to the Shrine of 7 Stars. Fun to watch Sahn Tidehunter doing his Raindance, or Kal'tik spawning his tornadoes and using Blade Flurry inside the 7 Stars inn.

I remember kiting Occulus from the caverns of time into different quest hubs, yelling about how ridiculous Blizzard's new companion pets were. Things like that are fun and different, but in a lot of cases it does make sense that they have leashed certain NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomeschool View Post
    I remember kiting Occulus from the caverns of time into different quest hubs, yelling about how ridiculous Blizzard's new companion pets were. Things like that are fun and different, but in a lot of cases it does make sense that they have leashed certain NPCs.

but leashing in a sense is taking the fun of doing this enjoyable moments. Its not like guilds are constantly doing this things over and over. I would understand if this was a daily thing where cities could not function properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its a shame they removed this. They could have given them a simple "despawn after 1 hour if not in original zone" type of thing.
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe View Post
    but leashing in a sense is taking the fun of doing this enjoyable moments. Its not like guilds are constantly doing this things over and over. I would understand if this was a daily thing where cities could not function properly.
    Agreed, and while I would prefer a world in which those kinds of things were basically daily occurrences, I do understand why Blizzard would want to put a stop to things that can mess with the way other people want to play. Loads of players would prefer to feel safe when hanging out in a faction capital.

Gone are the days of Kazzak completely flooring Stormwind resulting in GM's having to remove him. Shame.

Because getting killed and getting a repair bill while in your capital city is clearly fun and enjoyable. It's fun and neat to see but these bosses have abilities that will kill players not even engaged with the mob which is not fun or enjoyable. They can also kill NPCs so the purpose of doing this is to grief other players which something that Blizz actively tries to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Because getting killed and getting a repair bill while in your capital city is clearly fun and enjoyable. It's fun and neat to see but these bosses have abilities that will kill players not even engaged with the mob which is not fun or enjoyable. They can also kill NPCs so the purpose of doing this is to grief other players which something that Blizz actively tries to avoid.
    It's not like it happened every day. Through vanilla I think I ever only saw Kazzak in Stormwind 2, maybe 3 times. It didn't matter much considering everyone was in Ironforge anyway.

Speaking of which ... I don't even remember the last time I was in Ironforge. I sort of miss it being the main hub.