Lei Shi and Protectors of Endless before Vizier and Amber Shaper?

Just wondering, for the guilds who have completed amber shaper and vizier, if Lei shi or Protectors are worth looking at before these two?

Edit: Heroic
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2012-11-29 at 05:29 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure - if that was possible. Which it isn't.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

If you have someone with a kill to let you in the instance sure. We one shot protectors on elite mode and Lei Shi on our learning pulls. They are quite simple.

Presumably he means heroic since he's talking about Vizier Zor'lok as if he's hard.

Amber Shaper (on heroic) isn't hard, it just requires proper execution of the construct and understanding the proper strat to keep up stacks on the boss so the final phase becomes a joke.

Vizier takes a while to learn since its mechanics rather than a pure numbers fight.

Protectors/Lei Shi are more about numbers than the other two fights. If you have amazing DPS and great healers you will probably be able to do both of those fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadoz View Post
    Amber Shaper (on heroic) isn't hard, it just requires proper execution of the construct and understanding the proper strat to keep up stacks on the boss so the final phase becomes a joke.

Vizier takes a while to learn since its mechanics rather than a pure numbers fight.

Protectors/Lei Shi are more about numbers than the other two fights. If you have amazing DPS and great healers you will probably be able to do both of those fights.
    Yes to everyone, I'm talking about heroic, sorry.

So have you killed those 4 bosses? If you could have chosen one to do first, do you know which? Lei shi seems to be the easiest of the 4 as the least amount of wipes and time to learn.

Even if he was talking about normal, it is possible for people to clear some bosses in ToES without clearing HoF normal first.

We have one guild on our server that took a lockout from a sat (disgruntled?) member of another guild that had already killed Shekzeer, so they went in and killed protectors.

And even on Wowprogress, 4174 guilds have killed Protectors normal, while 4023 have killed Empress. It's definitely a llot more than just one guild doing this, as shameful as it is. It reminds me of Icecrown where people would use a lockout to kill Heroic Marrowgar before they could even kill Lichking normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Yes to everyone, I'm talking about heroic, sorry.

So have you killed those 4 bosses? If you could have chosen one to do first, do you know which? Lei shi seems to be the easiest of the 4 as the least amount of wipes and time to learn.
    I personally haven't killed them since my guild had some roster issues, but I have friends in Blood Legion, and Vodka that talk a lot about these fights heh.

From what they tell me it would be Amber -> Lei -> Protector/Vizier in that order. Obviously they might be a bit biased since they did Vizier when he was insane difficulty, but he remains quite challenging as is. Only thing is there is going to be fewer strats/vids for the Terrace fights so you might need to do more pulls to figure out what works best for your guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    It's definitely a llot more than just one guild doing this, as shameful as it is.
    Shameful? C'mon man!

Our guild skipped Zor'lok/Amber-Shaper to go for Heroic Protectors since it wasn't looking like gear was going to be a HUGE factor for ToES. H-Protectors was still fairly difficult and ended up being slightly more "gear dependent" than I think we anticipated. I think you just do what's in your guilds best interest. If we wouldn't have scored our Protectors kill it probably would have been a mistake, BUT since we did all is good in the world =)

Zor'lok is a bit of a pain in the ass still, but Amber-shaper doesn't look too bad based on pull/attempt counts from various guilds.

last night was our first night of attempts on zorlok(skipped him and got the next 3 bosses on heroic) and our best attempt was 10%. but now we have a new strat for tonight so im confident it will die tonight. once you know how to do the rings, its really easy imo. this week we plan on killing zorlok and doing attempts on amber-shaper hopefully getting a kill there as well. we cleared the first 2 bosses in terrace and saved lei-shei for heroic
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    Shameful? C'mon man!

Our guild skipped Zor'lok/Amber-Shaper to go for Heroic Protectors since it wasn't looking like gear was going to be a HUGE factor for ToES. H-Protectors was still fairly difficult and ended up being slightly more "gear dependent" than I think we anticipated. I think you just do what's in your guilds best interest. If we wouldn't have scored our Protectors kill it probably would have been a mistake, BUT since we did all is good in the world =)

Zor'lok is a bit of a pain in the ass still, but Amber-shaper doesn't look too bad based on pull/attempt counts from various guilds.

no no my friend, I meant Normal mode skipping! In the heroic landscape, it's all on equal ground. Go the path of least resistance, I know we will.

My problem are the guilds on wowprogress that show a normal mode progression of: (6/6) (3/6) (1/4)

no no my friend, I meant Normal mode skipping! In the heroic landscape, it's all on equal ground. Go the path of least resistance, I know we will.

My problem are the guilds on wowprogress that show a normal mode progression of: (6/6) (3/6) (1/4)

All's fair in love, war, and wow guild recruitment
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    Shameful? C'mon man!

Nope, totally scumbag!

But yea, protectors has a very tight enrage (this is 25, I know nothing about 10). If you think your dps is good enough go for it - you'll wipe to enrage before to long. Then it's a matter of adjusting the strat until you make up that final few seconds. One tip: Melee should never leave the boss for adds. Use a triangle strategy.

Deleted
    Interested in this too! We're working on Garalon at the moment, but we should get him & Wind Lord this week I should think. We've always been better on numbers fights (we got Gara'jal world 170, now we're world ~500 -.- thanks Spirit Kings!). So you think Protectors & Lei Shi before Vizier & Amber-shaper.

From a numbers standpoint which is easier, Vizier or Amber-Shaper? 10 man bear in mind.

I would not go hc ToES before 5/6 HoF.

Zor'lok HC: Burst him down to 20-25% at the start of p2, have a good holy paladin and a tank on the echo, dodge things = profit. He is much easier the any ToES boss.

Amber-Shaper HC(10): Everyone needs to understand the fight and do exactly what they have to. Its a bit tricky couse you will need at least 20 stacks on the boss before p3 starts and manage Amber Explosion (we let him cast the last one and used every cooldown to survive). I don't know if its possible to keep the stacks on the boss (25 man tactic) from p1 but its very hard to heal 10-12 add on 8 players.

If your guild is very good on number fights you can try Protectors but its far from being a target dummy boss. You need insane dps and heal, but you also need perfect add management, interrupt, and dispell. You can easily wipe if only 1 tick heals becouse the enrage times is so tight.

It reminds me of Icecrown where people would use a lockout to kill Heroic Marrowgar before they could even kill Lichking normal.
    My guild back in Wotlk was stupid, we went 8/12 heroic 25 without ever killing Lich King.