Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Equality in courts is nonexistent. In this case however you have a 10 year old girl with a disability and a grown fucking man(!) who harasses her. This goes far beyond free speech, this is psychological harassment. He induces pain in a girl by mocking her disability, he deserves the jail time.
    Bullying is not a crime and should not be punished with jail time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think the judge went a bit too far, but hey, the guy is a dick, so do not feel sorry for him one bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krez View Post
    Sure it does. I can say whatever I want as long as it doesn't incite violence. Making fun of people is not something that should be punishable by jail time.
    He wasn't actually speaking, he was following her mimicking her walk. Very closely behind her too.
    If this was a single incident, it'd most likely be because of the following part that this was deemed harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Freedom of speech doesnt give you the right to bully people, you cant see the forest for the trees. Thats the problem with society
    Making fun of someone once or twice isn't bullying.

Bullying is a form of long-term harassment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Freedom of speech doesnt give you the right to bully people, you cant see the forest for the trees. Thats the problem with society
    Except, unless i've read the article wrong, he was imitating the girl, AFTER that girl's family taunted and was calling the accused man's son names, in which case it would be them who 'abused their right to freedom speech' and they started the 'fist swinging', he just finished with the 'roundhouse kick'. Again, my english is not perfect and i've might misread the whole article, in that case I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Krez View Post
    Bullying is not a crime and should not be punished with jail time.
    When it's between children around the same age yes. When some guy who is 3 times older then the victim it's more then just bulling or harassment. It's assault on a minor.

And then everyone felt entitled to judge who was right or wrong without knowing the full story!

Yes, bullying in any form is wrong but just because you have a video of some guy limping, doesn't immediately make him jerk of the year. Someone who would go to court over talking with the man and settling it like an adult sounds like a Grade A Idiot, I could completely see this childs parent being one of those self-righteous holier-then-thou blowhards that are impossible to be around, and one piece of lip back and they go mad. Of coarse the man could of also been this type of person and deserved what he got, it doesn't make it your problem to decide if jail time was required or not.

You have to look at this subjectively, an arrest record can do terrible things to your life. You can lose your job, it can cause trouble at home, many many bad things. Can you imagine if this happened to you based on a spur of the moment decision? I'm sure at some point in your life you've met one of "those" parents, the ones who let there kids run wild and with scold anyone that disagrees. What if on a particularly bad day you run into someone like that, and their kid is hopping all over you, you ask them to stop but they don't. And their parent just ignores them and you completely. The kid starts pulling your hair and you grab their hand to stop them. Parent flips around, snaps a picture of you grabbing their kid and then what, go to jail for assault? I know that it is completely different then what is going on here, and that either way the guy is in the wrong in some form. But jail time? Really?

You can't just "make examples" of people when you feel like it, that is not how the law works. If you got a speed ticket and went into court to fight it, and they revoked your license "to make an example of you", would that be fair? "Well thats completely different", well is it? Going to jail does a lot more then waste X days of you're life, you lose a lot of opportunities just because its sitting there on your record even when you're out and "reformed".
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

When it's between children around the same age yes. When some guy who is 3 times older then the victim it's more then just bulling or harassment. It's assault on a minor.
    In your opinion. Age doesn't matter.
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.

While its pretty obvious that ridiculing someone with a mental/physical ailment is a really crappy thing to do, especially a child.. if there was no threat , verbal assualt.. or lude lascivious(sp?) behavior.. prosecuting is a pretty slippery slope.. people can be mean.. feelings get hurt.. call someone fat?..oops -feelings hurt GOTO JAIL..bobby hit a homerun..freddy struck out..feelings hurt go to jail. Freedom has its downsides.. FAIRNESS/EQUALITY .. can't be forced.. not in a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    In your opinion. Age doesn't matter.
    Every court in the world agrees with me. Children can't and shouldn't be viewed as adults.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_abuse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_abuse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by negatron View Post
    While its pretty obvious that ridiculing someone with a mental/physical ailment is a really crappy thing to do, especially a child.. if there was no threat , verbal assualt.. or lude lascivious(sp?) behavior.. prosecuting is a pretty slippery slope.. people can be mean.. feelings get hurt.. call someone fat?..oops -feelings hurt GOTO JAIL..bobby hit a homerun..freddy struck out..feelings hurt go to jail. Freedom has its downsides.. FAIRNESS/EQUALITY .. can't be forced.. not in a free society.
    being fat is a choice, disabled isnt -

Deleted
    This is just BS. I can't believe there are so much fucked up people to send someone to jail because of an insult. Stupidity at its finest.

The solution to these type of situations is rly simple. You dont go around to courts to send people to jail, since thats just plain stupid. Mocking people shouldnt be a crime, but on other hand you can always remember the guy and if you really think he insulted/assaulted your child/family, catch up to him during night(or day if you can get him into a desolated spot) and just break his knee with a bat or something similar. Works better then jail time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    The solution to these type of situations is rly simple. You dont go around to courts to send people to jail, since thats just plain stupid. Mocking people shouldnt be a crime, but on other hand you can always remember the guy and if you really think he insulted/assaulted your child/family, catch up to him during night(or day if you can get him into a desolated spot) and just break his knee with a bat or something similar. Works better then jail time.
    And then you'll go to jail for an assault, and will have to pay compensation. That's just as stupid as sending someone to jail.

He is an awful scumbag of a person but by NO means should he be jailed.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 05:22 AM ----------

You need to spend some time looking at law....

Deleted
    He is an awful scumbag of a person but by NO means should he be jailed.
    How does that not make you a scumbag for judging/calling names a person over one action you read about in the news article?
    Last edited by mmoc3fd668ae53; 2012-11-30 at 11:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/judg...p+Headlines%29

While I don't agree with what he did, how was he doing anything against the law?
    It's in the article:
    reduced misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing
    That's how.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every court in the world agrees with me. Children can't and shouldn't be viewed as adults.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_abuse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_abuse
    It has nothing to do with assault.

Deleted
    wow wow WOW!

Hold on now, in my culture it's still very common to target fat children for verbal abuse, it's not assault though.

Is this perceived as violent in any nature? How can it be assault?

I may point and laugh at fat children in the motherland, but I don't threaten/express violence towards them.

After watching the video evidence I think what that guy was doing should be absolutely illegal that was horrendous.

However I would say sending him to prison was quite harsh, obviously he is a bit of messed up guy who didn't really know or understand fully what he was doing. Lawful intervention was needed to set him straight and also stop a fight breaking out, I'm not sure how any adults present watching him do that contained themselves.