Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

My hat tipped at Blizzard's CMs.

Posting this here as i can't do it on the official forums.

I honestly respect them more and more in having to deal with this childish, belligerent and self-destructive community. I can't imagine anyone in age of playing this game can actually act like what we see on the forums sometimes. Reading the thread about the hidden boss count in lfr seriously annoyed me to the highest point. I can't even imagine having to deal with this for hours every day.

On one side you have Bashiok calmly explaining why they made the change and how it is beneficial in a logical manner, on the other you have man-childs screaming and stomping their foots trying to discredit and insult him, going as far as saying that then they will "just afk" and get wildly offended at the slightest thing the CMs ever say, posting the feedback email as a "threat" (as there is a chance in a million it will ever do anything).

Its so sad to think most those people are adults. I seriously pity those people.

This game seriously convinced me to completly avoid ever working in any kind of customer service, if thats the level of maturity people can show.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2012-11-29 at 10:55 PM.

Deleted
    He was indeed a sad sad person who didn't even have the guts to post there with his main, hiding behind an alt as though as if he feared reprisals. I've always liked Bashiok, he has quite a sharp tongue.

I can see how the way some people phrase things without any subtlety and tact is bad, but it doesn't make the core point behind it any less valid.

Removing choice from an MMO? Right, that's a great thing to do and will so obviously fix the issues, because adding incentives for people to want to finished half-finished raids instead of using underhanded tactics to trick them into it is so much better and the latter obviously doesn't leave people with a bitter taste in their mouth.

Personally, I would gladly defend Blizzard, just read most of my posts concerning negative threads towards Blizzard, but they're really just starting to lose my respect more and more with every patch.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Of course, the lack of constructive negative feedback speaks for itself.

Following the bluetracker it becomes apparent that whenever someone who is upset feel like they have to vent on the official forums, they lose all form of reasonable thought. Doesn't matter what they are told. Silence reinforces them. Locks reinforces them. Reasoning and game design logic are enemies.

The rare ones that do actually form coherent sentences and bring a valid point quickly devolve into the usual rude stupidity once a blue posts and the OP has to go on the offensive.

EDIT: And since I'm certain someone's going to reply some rebuttal about the LFR-raid-status thing, my post is aimed at the vast majority of threads that pop up.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-11-29 at 11:13 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    I can see how the way some people phrase things without any subtlety and tact is bad, but it doesn't make the core point behind it any less valid.

Removing choice from an MMO? Right, that's a great thing to do and will so obviously fix the issues, because adding incentives for people to want to finished half-finished raids instead of using underhanded tactics to trick them into it is so much better and the latter obviously doesn't leave people with a bitter taste in their mouth.

Personally, I would gladly defend Blizzard, just read most of my posts concerning negative threads towards Blizzard, but they're really just starting to lose my respect more and more with every patch.
    Honestly, my biggest grip with this was that it was unannounced in the patch notes. I do fully agree with them that its beneficial for everyone to actually finish an already on-going run, as long as the system can tag your account to prioritise a fresh run after. I think it was a mistake on their part to not do that from the start, would had avoided a lot of the current drama.

I respect what they have to put up with but then again you have to remember they are being paid to do so. They probably get more than $15 an hour, have their own house, can afford everything they need and are completely secure. Respect them, but don't feel sorry for them. It's a good job that they have, a REALLY good job, and I'm sure many people would jump at the chance for it and accept all of the responsibilities.

Deleted
    Sometimes the anger on one side is caused by the dishonesty and manipulation of the other side...
    Not that excuses the bad behaviour of these posters. Just that there are more than one culprit.

And no I don't particularly respect Blizzard's CM.
    They are the heralds of their greedy company and use all their knowledge and rhetoric to manipulate people into thinking everything is fine with the game.
    But I guess that evens out with the amount of abuse they have to endure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
    I respect what they have to put up with but then again you have to remember they are being paid to do so. They probably get more than $15 an hour, have their own house, can afford everything they need and are completely secure. Respect them, but don't feel sorry for them. It's a good job that they have, a REALLY good job, and I'm sure many people would jump at the chance for it and accept all of the responsibilities.
    It's like being in IT support, except there's huge surges of angry customers yelling about their, and only their, side of the story.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Firstly,

There is no reason to post on a "main" on the official forums, especially with that plug-in that allows you to see any character that anyone has ever posted on.

Secondly,

It was not a "threat". The post in question was indeed reported through the e-mail that was given, with a calm, rational, business-like approach to the e-mail.

Lastly,

If he had not come off with the snarky remark he did, and then ninja-edited it to appear less so, things would not have taken the direction they did. I can be calm and rational, however, I do not put up with snarkiness, and sarcasm rarely is conveyed well over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
    I'm sure they are paid well, but life isn't cheap in California either. I was thinking about this because i actually talk from times to times (i have him on RealID, even if he barely plays) someone that works at Blizzard, its not one of the usual CMs, he's a QA employee but he had to deal with forum complaints at least during MoP's beta, and he was telling how aweful it can be to deal with those forums for 10-12 hours a day. At some point i can understand it can become VERY heavy on your morale to constantly read that kind of bullshit, and actually have to professionaly respond to those people. People seem to forget any kind of customer employees are also human beings and they might have dealt with 30 complaints before threating yours, is it so hard to act with civility?

Their job is much harder than it seems and its definitively not for everyone, as what hapened with Tseric a few years ago showed. Personally i would never do it no matter how good the paycheck is.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 11:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Niialuna View Post
    Firstly,

There is no reason to post on a "main" on the official forums, especially with that plug-in that allows you to see any character that anyone has ever posted on.

Secondly,

It was not a "threat". The post in question was indeed reported through the e-mail that was given, with a calm, rational, business-like approach to the e-mail.

Lastly,

If he had not come off with the snarky remark he did, and then ninja-edited it to appear less so, things would not have taken the direction they did. I can be calm and rational, however, I do not put up with snarkiness, and sarcasm rarely is conveyed well over the internet.
    He simply told you that, considering your completly self-centered approach of gaming, the MMO genre was probably not made for you. I don't see any malicious intentions or tone in his post, unlike yours.

The fact that you posted the email (that you knew very well was the right one, or at worse a very quick google search would had confirmed it to you) can easily be seen as a threat. I'm sure reporting his post made you feel better about yourself, but there's literally no chance it will ever do anything as the CMs, specially Bashiok, dealt with much worse and kept their job (people that were around during the forum realID debacle know what i'm talking about).
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2012-11-29 at 11:40 PM.

Oh how horrible it must be to be paid to sit in an office all day and maybe write a paragraph every once in a while. Oh the horrors of having to deal with random people on the internet not liking them. Their day to day must be really difficult. Oh the humanity how on earth do they do it.

Get real. That is the DEFINITION of cushy job. I have more respect for high school students working flipping burgers (at places that I never go to eat). 99% of jobs out there are more stressful and demanding than being a 'community manager' for a video game company....lol. The absurdity of these types of threads. Once the OP joins the real world they may understand. Until then have fun living in your fantasy world of warcraft.

Agreed, and they cannot be trusted to fix quite simple bugs, so many hotfixes implemented the day after 5.1 which was in ptr for some time. Who now believes ther line - if you re-queue after joining a partially complete LFR you will get into a new one. They are still promising warlock's green fire for how long? So many excuses.

A company that cannot even manage to update the mail for the 8th anniversary of the game is losing my respect daily. I have defended them for almost 6 years but the respect finally went with CRZ and the mess made with its implementation - no real apology for the bugs just - its an mmo - live with it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 11:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I'm sure they are paid well, but life isn't cheap in California either. I was thinking about this because i actually talk from times to times (i have him on RealID, even if he barely plays) someone that works at Blizzard, its not one of the usual CMs, he's a QA employee but he had to deal with forum complaints at least during MoP's beta, and he was telling how aweful it can be to deal with those forums for 10-12 hours a day. At some point i can understand it can become VERY heavy on your morale to constantly read that kind of bullshit, and actually have to professionaly respond to those people. People seem to forget any kind of customer employees are also human beings and they might have dealt with 30 complaints before threating yours, is it so hard to act with civility?

Their job is much harder than it seems and its definitively not for everyone, as what hapened with Tseric a few years ago showed. Personally i would never do it no matter how good the paycheck is.
    The stress of reading and ignoring so many posts must be horrific. I have no problem with sarcastic responses, it is the lies that get up my nose and the posts that they do not bother to respond to at all, where there are 100s of posts with no blue comments because they cba. And if it is too tough for them I believe flipping burgers is less stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    He simply told you that, considering your completly self-centered approach of gaming, the MMO genre was probably not made for you. I don't see any malicious intentions or tone in his post, unlike yours.

The fact that you posted the email (that you knew very well was the right one, or at worse a very quick google search would had confirmed it to you) can easily be seen as a threat. I'm sure reporting his post made you feel better about yourself, but there's literally no chance it will ever do anything as the CMs, specially Bashiok, dealt with much worse and kept their job (people that were around during the forum realID debacle know what i'm talking about).
    See, but that's the thing...

It's not completely self-centered. I care about myself, my guild members, my friends, and my family. In many cases, also other players from my realm and faction.

I do not however, care about the welfare of the other 24 strangers of an LFR I am not likely to see again. With the changes they have made by introducing CRZ, etc... You have to look out for yourself, and do what you need to do to make sure that you and your friends/guildies get what they need and want. If you don't, more often than not, you will be hung out to dry by another player anyway, so you do what you need to do to get by.

It's not anti-social behavior, as I am still playing with others. I'm just not going to go out of my way to help someone that may end up biting me in the behind later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Oh how horrible it must be to be paid to sit in an office all day and maybe write a paragraph every once in a while. Oh the horrors of having to deal with random people on the internet not liking them. Their day to day must be really difficult. Oh the humanity how on earth do they do it.

Get real. That is the DEFINITION of cushy job. I have more respect for high school students working flipping burgers (at places that I never go to eat). 99% of jobs out there are more stressful and demanding than being a 'community manager' for a video game company....lol. The absurdity of these types of threads. Once the OP joins the real world they may understand. Until then have fun living in your fantasy world of warcraft.
    Been in the "real world" before i even hit adulthood (was in appartment taking care of myself and working to survive at 17, what were you doing then?), so you really threw that line at the wrong person. You're the one that seem quite ignorant as you seem to believe only physical labor can be hard.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2012-11-29 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post

You missed the part where they're expected to compile all that drivel into something the devs are supposed to use to improve the game.

Yeah, I'm just a mod here, and it's volunteer... I don't know how the CMs at Blizzard do it.

I like that they're able to have a bit of bite to them lately, though.

The CMs have no personal opinion on anything. They are paid to regurgitate what is being dropped to them from the Top. Often they don't know things from the beta/ptr or other basics.

I was happy for weeks, because i was under the impression that the Email i sent to wowCMFeedback@Blizzard.com had done something to Draztal... He was gone for 3 whole weeks and my hopes were lifted only to be crushed yesterday when i say him post...

Reports don't matter when the person you report for harassment/unprofessional behavior defends blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    You missed the part where they're expected to compile all that drivel into something the devs are supposed to use to improve the game.
    Exactly, they ARE reading everything, even if they don't answer to all of it, and they pass feedback to the devs, or at least try to make something out of the dirt that is the official forums most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think remarks like the one he made are asinine and flat out disrespectful. He should have handed it more professional considering he is a employee. Either way it seems blizzard thinks they are to big to fail and can say whatever they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    I think remarks like the one he made are asinine and flat out disrespectful. He should have handed it more professional considering he is a employee. Either way it seems blizzard thinks they are to big to fail and can say whatever they want.
    seems? unless all the wow junkies decide there are better things to do with their lives, they'll continue to dictate to you, me, and everyone else what constitutes "fun", and how we should play the game we pay for.

not that it matters to anyone here, but my sub was cancelled this week, mostly due to blizzards perpetuation of bullshit.