10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    I think they were in the same year, too. Cher Lloyd came third, 1D came second, and some guy who was a one hit wonder came first. He lost his recording contract and is basically a flop now.

I've seen a documentary about Lewis though and he comes across as a nice guy. It's just that ego. Like with Daley. Eugh.
    Ha ha. Matt Cardel. On his 'comeback' struggled to even get top 10 lol.

The amount of egotism varies depending on how badly he's done in a season.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Not true...at least not for American Idol. Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson?
    Looking at winners, there seems to be one thing that the successful ones have in common: They're all female. Hmm.

10+ Year Old Account

We've had exactly one success. Leona Lewis. Though last year's winners (Little Mix) are doing all right.

However, the second placers who have done exceptionally well are Olly Murs, One Direction and JLS.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    But...

o.O Where's that from?

10+ Year Old Account
    But...

-GIF from A Series of Unfortunate Events-
    Best Sunny. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Ha ha. Matt Cardel. On his 'comeback' struggled to even get top 10 lol.

The amount of egotism varies depending on how badly he's done in a season.
    Indeed. He's sorta just faded away. A shame (I kinda liked him, if he didn't just sing boring ballads).

And yep.

But...

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1zfloa9Gd1rpar51o4_500.gif[IMG]
    That Sunny is awesome. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at winners, there seems to be one thing that the successful ones have in common: They're all female. Hmm.
    Well I suppose you could count Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard...but not really. I haven't watched a lot of it in recent seasons, if any, but I do remember the earlier seasons. I always did like Carrie Underwood.

Deleted

We've had exactly one success. Leona Lewis. Though last year's winners (Little Mix) are doing all right.

However, the second placers who have done exceptionally well are Olly Murs, One Direction and JLS.
    But Little Mix have released like one song. Which was successful. They've sorta ended at that.

And Olly came second? I thought he won his year. My mum is a massive Olly Murs fangirl. Heh.

Well I suppose you could count Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard...but not really. I haven't watched a lot of it in recent seasons, if any, but I do remember the earlier seasons. I always did like Carrie Underwood.
    I've heard of Carrie and Kelly here. Kelly has done remarkably well for someone who came from a talent show like that. But those other two don't ring a bell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    o.O Where's that from?
    A Series of Unfortunate Events (Made up of books 1-3)

One of yet another series of books that had a movie made that flopped. I thought it was actually quite good.

Eragon, The Golden Compass and this. All fantastic books series marred by their films.

10+ Year Old Account

Ice cubes make everything better. Haven't been hot since I did that xD

Eragon was horrible. I adored the Inheritance Series, but gah.. that film was atrocious.

10+ Year Old Account
    But Little Mix have released like one song. Which was successful. They've sorta ended at that.

And Olly came second? I thought he won his year. My mum is a massive Olly Murs fangirl. Heh.
    Little Mix are on their third or fourth release now. Not doing as well as some who have came before them, but it's not bad.

And yeah he lost out to Joe McEldry.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 04:38 PM ----------

Eragon was horrible. I adored the Inheritance Series, but gah.. that film was atrocious.
    IKR T_T

Currently re-reading the books though. On Brisingr atm.

Deleted
    A Series of Unfortunate Events (Made up of books 1-3)

One of yet another series of books that had a movie made that flopped. I thought it was actually quite good.

Eragon, The Golden Compass and this. All fantastic books series marred by their films.
    I think The Golden Compass was awesome.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 05:39 PM ----------

And Avatar... I wanted a second and the third movie. Not the blue ones, but The Last Airbender.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard of Carrie and Kelly here. Kelly has done remarkably well for someone who came from a talent show like that. But those other two don't ring a bell.
    Can't blame you there...my mom used to listen to Clay Aiken's Christmas CD endlessly but I never really cared for them. I can agree with you that otherwise most winners of any talent show seem to fall off the face of the planet after they win and aren't really successful (or even good). I wonder what possesses people to watch the shows and vote for who they vote for during the seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    I think The Golden Compass was awesome.
    Have you read the books? They gutted it of everything that made it a good book, the same with Eragon.

Both had fantastic casts, but utter tripe for screenplay.

10+ Year Old Account

Heh I love getting distracted. I need to do washing up. But I really don't want to.....

Deleted