Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hmm, can anyone confirm this?

I was doing some dailies, when I noticed that my ISS was only hitting for a mere ~7k, where my SrS was ticking for 17-18k. Now according to the official hotfix, ISS damage should not have been affected, but with my SrS ticks, I SHOULD be getting 12k and over ISS hits. Bug or Blizz stealth nerf even more?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Hmm, can anyone confirm this?

I was doing some dailies, when I noticed that my ISS was only hitting for a mere ~7k, where my SrS was ticking for 17-18k. Now according to the official hotfix, ISS damage should not have been affected, but with my SrS ticks, I SHOULD be getting 12k and over ISS hits. Bug or Blizz stealth nerf even more?
    It shouldn't be hitting for that little... Can you please provide logs and a dummy test? Also are you US or EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    It shouldn't be hitting for that little... Can you please provide logs and a dummy test? Also are you US or EU?
    EU, logs will be done soon, spamming Multi on dummy should be fine yeh?

Edit: Here is the Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...da9/details/4/
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2012-12-01 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Really good buff, it boosts both our AE (cleave) and single target as we double the damage on that target (usually whole fight)
    Without increasing burst dmg. Just hope they didn't overdone this and won't nerf a lot in the future.

Now I just want MM fixed (steadyshot is pathetic - hitting like im in wotlk, AiS is ok but too long cast time), perhaps make this one a petless spec like affliction warlock, sacrificing pet DPS for bigger damage on our shots. Archer spec is what this game needs.
    it won't put us at the top of the meters so i can't see any nerfs coming.

I'm pretty excited about this change. I usually play BM for most fights, but it does look like this will up the 'sustained' of SV on big add fights.

Deleted
    Eu here:

According to my logs 30th november i was hitting 12k average with serpent with full raid buffs.
    Now today 1st december i am hitting on dummy 19k without buffs.

Seems to me hotfix was not live before 1st.
    Last edited by mmoc4c3633038a; 2012-12-01 at 11:46 AM.

EU, logs will be done soon, spamming Multi on dummy should be fine yeh?

Edit: Here is the Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...da9/details/4/
    Yeah, idk its doing like half of what it should be doing. It also appears as if SrS' damage isn't as high as it should be. Hopefully it's fixed by tuesday. US still hasn't received the hotfix. Maybe they saw that 100% was too high and nerfed it to 50% but forgot about the aoe component. (I sure hope they didn't)

think this will make SV better than BM single target wise, since serpent sting benefits from mastery?

Good question. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out as well. I'm at work atm, and all I can do is look at my logs, where I was playing as SV, and just doubling the overall damage of SrS, but at the same time, halving that of Imp SrS. It seems to be quite a nice buff.

Any words on a FD update?

I have been thinking about the weird bug of ISS damage, Is the ISS instant damage taking in calculation the 50% increased SrS damage SV gets as passive? Since I do about 8k ISS, and I'm supposed to do 12k, which is a 50% increase.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Looking at my wol for wind lord mel'jarak,

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...?s=9254&e=9679

I ranked #10 SV hunter at the time.

My SrS did 8,627,758 damage (Keep in mind my ES did 11,417,813 damage 2,790,055 damage difference)

With this huge buff that would've put my SrS 17,255,516 damage which would be 5,837,703 more than my ES.

But adding 8,627,758 damage to my overall damage is the thing I really wanted to look at. That would put me at 80,343,349 damage, just trailing under the fire mage in our runs.

What? are you kidding me it's huge for multi-dot fights.
    Too bad there really aren't that many AoE fights in the latter stages of progression. Windlord Heroic is a max single target burst fight for example, completely opposite of the normal version of the encounter.

As for 'multi-dot' fights, hunters are at a massive disadvantage over casters because we have to be facing targets to apply our DoTs. For example on Will of the Emperor I'm positive that constantly turning around to DoT the emperors while also killing Rages and Strengths would be a real-world DPS loss...you're probably going to be doing utility anyway as most hunters are assigned to pop Titan Sparks with Deterrence.

HoF? No multi-dot fights worth noting. On Ambershaper Heroic, you might have a chance to multi-shot down Living Ambers depending on your strategy. Even on Feng, BM ends up being the superior spec for overall DPS despite the AoE phase.

you guys thin, that is recommendable now with the buff to SS for example in Stone guard dot 2 dogs at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    you guys thin, that is recommendable now with the buff to SS for example in Stone guard dot 2 dogs at the same time?
    You already should have been doing that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Too bad there really aren't that many AoE fights in the latter stages of progression. Windlord Heroic is a max single target burst fight for example, completely opposite of the normal version of the encounter.

As for 'multi-dot' fights, hunters are at a massive disadvantage over casters because we have to be facing targets to apply our DoTs. For example on Will of the Emperor I'm positive that constantly turning around to DoT the emperors while also killing Rages and Strengths would be a real-world DPS loss...you're probably going to be doing utility anyway as most hunters are assigned to pop Titan Sparks with Deterrence.

HoF? No multi-dot fights worth noting. On Ambershaper Heroic, you might have a chance to multi-shot down Living Ambers depending on your strategy. Even on Feng, BM ends up being the superior spec for overall DPS despite the AoE phase.
    Not all casters can multidot without facing their targets, and it's really not that difficult to pull off.

Comparing my serpent sting as BM to our moonkin, our serpent sting do roughly the same damage as an eclipsed moonkin DoT. We'll still be behind moonkins as multidotters, sure, as they have 2 dots - but we're now not totally useless. I might not have to just singletarget down every single amber on ambershaper anymore.

It also means that I no longer have to apply serpent stings with TOTH-proc'd multishots (it was 20 focus for multishot dmg + serpent sting applied, vs 25 focus for serpent sting applied) when I play surv.
    I'm predicting that the priority for surv will sway to mastery over haste - maybe not for singletarget, but then again, the vast majority of fights benefit from you keeping 2+ dots up, or aoe.

You already should have been doing that

Sorry about that, im referring to Doting as Bm not survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Comparing my serpent sting as BM to our moonkin, our serpent sting do roughly the same damage as an eclipsed moonkin DoT. We'll still be behind moonkins as multidotters, sure, as they have 2 dots - but we're now not totally useless. I might not have to just singletarget down every single amber on ambershaper anymore.

It also means that I no longer have to apply serpent stings with TOTH-proc'd multishots (it was 20 focus for multishot dmg + serpent sting applied, vs 25 focus for serpent sting applied) when I play surv.
    I'm predicting that the priority for surv will sway to mastery over haste - maybe not for singletarget, but then again, the vast majority of fights benefit from you keeping 2+ dots up, or aoe.
    This is why black arrow should not have a cool down! LnL already has an ICD, and black arrow has a limiting factor being focus. This probably won't make us overpowered at all because black arrow is doing around the same tick damage as pre-buff serpent. Having these two dots would absolutely put hunters where we need to be.

Deleted
    I confirm the bug: ISS is doing 7.5% of the total and not 15%...

These are the values with simc before the hotfix and a self compiled version after the hotfix. My hunter has 492 ilvl, 2-set bonus:

SV (before hotfix): 84882 dps - 1,29 Haste > 1,23 Crit > 0,65 Mastery
    BM (before hotfix): 86885 dps - 1,78 Haste > 1,22 Crit > 1,15 Mastery

SV (after hotfix): 86172 dps - 1,34 Haste > 1,15 Crit > 0,65 Mastery
    BM (after hotfix): 87664 dps - 1,80 Haste > 1,25 Crit > 1,20 Mastery

EDIT: THOSE VALUES ARE WRONG (BUG IN SIMC) SEE POST #94 FOR CORRECT VALUES!
    -----
    This is a plot for haste/crit as the stat values for BM seemed strange:

If anyone feels interpreting this? Seems not that correct...
    Last edited by Draeblin; 2012-12-01 at 10:11 PM.

Haste is incredibly complicated to simulate right. You might be around the point where your dire beast starts reliably hitting an extra time (~3850 I think), or your simulator might get an extra cobra shot in with a little more haste, giving another instant, allowing for more damage, etc - this raises the value.
    I don't think I can find any "realistic" scenario, where haste should come ahead of crit.