Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I think this is an extremely premature judgement to make, and within a few days we will quickly learn that it is wrong.
    I'll try and remember to come back and see once the raid lockouts reset
    It really isn't. I started doing some personal tests as soon as it happened. Fire feels awkward with the reduced crit, and performs poorly. This isn't coming from some random terrible mage, I've been a well ranking fire mage for a long time now.

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Arthas/Shmek/

Our guild transferred this raid week, so these are the only ranks showing on wow-heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by ralikonik View Post
    this spec is far from dead. the nerf was needed. being ahead of any other dps spec on singletarget fights by ~40k or more dps was overpowered.
    i dont like the -crit change because it will feel cluncky. especially while moveing. (aka scorch fights). something like -10% dmg would be way better.

the developers are to blame. they clearly didnt have any clue what they were doing. i even said that in the old state combustion would be way overpowered.

anyways fire will still be one of the strongest stingletarget specs in the game if not the strongest. funny after such a big nerf. :O (itemlvl 500 mage pov)
    I highly doubt it will be strong compared to other single target specs. Frost and arcane are superior, though arcane is barely functional in a raid environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this change, my effective crit chance from logs seems to be like I don't have Critical Mass at all.

Deleted
    I gotta say, I was pretty pissed about the nerf, not really careing about combustion, but the cm nerf makes playing fire even more boring, I miss spamming pyros...
    But actually, fire is kinda in line now as long as it's single target, don't even mention multitarget encounters like sha of fear, will of the emperor and stuffs....
    Easy to see in the Paragon kill movie of sha of fear, the mage isn't even top 3 there, and that was prenerf! :P

Just my 2 cents.

15+ Year Old Account
    we lose a set % of crit on ?? Boss', afaik.

50% was too much.. I can deal with 1.25 from 1.5...

time to get used to being fucked around all xpac.. this must be how paladins feel...

Tested Arcane and Frost today pretty extensively in LFR. ( Ran sims too )

Arcane is pulling ahead of frost in my gear by at least 10k dps.

Even mobility fights with scorch i'm 3-5k minimum ahead of frost.

My gear level is 492.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    Tested Arcane and Frost today pretty extensively in LFR. ( Ran sims too )

Arcane is pulling ahead of frost in my gear by at least 10k dps.

Even mobility fights with scorch i'm 3-5k minimum ahead of frost.

My gear level is 492.
    How are the sims showing it? Just curious if the difference between arcane and frost is your play or if it's really that big.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    How are the sims showing it? Just curious if the difference between arcane and frost is your play or if it's really that big.
    In my current gear as arcane i'm simming at 107.3k.

As frost i'm simming at 99.8k with Icy Veins glyph, 97k without glyph. ( I hit GCD during lust with icy veins if I don't use glyph )

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you running with RoP or Invocation as Arcane? I am guessing RoP, but just making sure.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

I havent been able to log on today and when I did try to log in Sargeras was down. Im looking forward to testing out the new Fire and Frost and comparing the two. I've been itching to go frost for about a week now. Although combustion did need a nerf, it did not need 50%

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    Are you running with RoP or Invocation as Arcane? I am guessing RoP, but just making sure.
    I've been running RoP, not a fan of invocation. I assume he's doing the same.

Edit: As arcane that is.
    Last edited by Shmeh; 2012-12-02 at 07:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent some more time at the dummies. At ilvl 495 with 4-set I'm yanking out roughly (and this is very rough) 88k sustained DPS self buffed as Arcane (RoP - mastery reforges), 83k as Frost (Invocation, haste reforges) and anywhere from 65-75k as Fire (Invocation, crit reforges and almost all crit gear).

Obviously dummy data must be taken with a pinch of salt, but I have a feeling Arcane will be the go-to spec for me in the coming time. You can really eek out some AB6' now without destroying your mana and that does help a ton on the DPS. The only thing I'm feeling is the gigantic lack of movement as Arcane with RoP. It's a pain in the butt to say the least.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Yeah, arcane with RoP is going to be awful for moving.

At 490 with 4 set and frost haste reforges I've been doing 85k as invocation frost. With the same reforges I've been doing 82k as arcane. I'll probably end up having to reforge mastery and raid as arcane. I have to say I'm shocked that I'll be arcane this tier.

I wish I wasn't geared for fire though.

I'm having the same results as you two. Arcane is top now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    and spell steal OP buffs from bosses...
    What spell steal? Ye you can steal somebuffs but you not get them. That is true. Pandarian is lot of them now, even trash mob had that kind apility.
    And yes, combustion is our main spell which you need build up with crit and crit nerf was enought for that. Now it's doing half dmg too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaendwich View Post
    Okay, Firemage will still do more damage than hunters (which also are a pure dps class and who do not have 3 competetive dps speccs like mages). Why is everybody complaining about the nerf? Why arent you asking for a Hunter buff? Because that seems to be more of a need than buffing fire again...
    Asking for a hunter buff when you just got a 100% buff to Serpent Sting and can now move while shooting *all the time*, so you face no movement penalties... on the forum of the class that just got nerfed to hell.... that's ballsy....

Blizz, please don't make me play arcane after what you did to it in Mop! PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Blizz, please don't make me play arcane after what you did to it in Mop! PLEASE!

Teron Gorefiend yells: Arcane... heh heh heh... really isn't so bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Teron Gorefiend yells: Arcane... heh heh heh... really isn't so bad...
    I really liked the state of arcane in cata. Perma-conserve just doesn't do it for me :/

Deleted
    So when they introduced the 3 sec cooldown to pyro there was an outcry because it would destroy the flow of fire and ultimatily kill the spec. Turns out there are more than one ways to kill the spec.

Absolutly well deserved nerf i really hope its as bad as some of the trolls here says it is. Mages were too much ahead of everyone else for what reason ?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2012-12-02 at 12:12 PM.