Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Devil May Cry 3 - must've at least beaten this game over 20 times. Never could get the Jump Cancelling stuff right though.
    Tenchu 1 - probably one of the best stealth games I've ever played. Too bad there's never going to be more made.
    City of Heroes - the first MMO i've ever played. Spent almost every night for 2 years playing this gem.
    "No one wants to change, but no one wants to be left behind either" -Joshua, The World Ends With You

Diablo2 non-ladder was my first really dedicated game. At that time I was about 10-13 years old, friends also played it. Now 7-10 years later I still keep my about 4th account live, since around 2007, this account hopefully never dies, since its 1 account with all classes + 1 more sorceress all 85-88.

And boy the gear they got...yea non-ladder gearing is not hard, but it still means something to me. My amazon got some near perfect items even, and my paladin got full gear for smite and hammer, and I think they all got full inventory exspect my trap assasin cause I never liked that class much.

Since 2005 Ive been religiues playing wow, with few games here and there. Currently not playing much wow since 2011 January.

If I had to mention a 3rd game its maybe some RTS games like Warcraft 3, lately AOE2. Or Sims 1 + 2 (not gonna try the 3rd), my current Sims2 install has over 25 houses builded by myself, where some are so big the game lags out when I zone into them (4 stores high, huge ground fully builded on, and every room has full furnish with every detail tough off- basicly a real house, and some of them even looks fantastic, such as my Castle or my white house that has an L-shape lying down sort of).

Edit: A worthy game for 3rd would likely also be Pokemon. Played in total 8 games of pokemon(Gen 1, 2 and 5). Restarting all the games nearly, and blue/yellow versions each restarted and completed about 5 times each. Trough pokemon has always been more casual like. You go absolute apeshit on it for 1 month time or so, and then you forget about it...thats how it is for me.

Gen 5 has been fun times trough, worth all the time spended. Still saving my pokemon blue save with 150 caught (No battery death after like 10 years!), just missing Electabuzz for 151 since I used mew bug. Sadly my Silver/gold Gen2 battery died some time ago, wasen't to happy about that.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-12-07 at 09:58 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being the old man I am, First game would have to be the first 5 Ultima's. Spent untold hours of my youth trying to beat each games main bad guy. Loved the party mechanic and the grind for loot and and level for spells. Second would have to be Arcanum. I still play that game when I want to kill a few hours to have fun. Not to mention there were so many side quests and versions of the character you could make. Third would be pokemon, yeah the child me loved the catch'em all attitude of the game not to mention days spent in the wildlife perserve trying to ctach allusive rare pokemon. Also went to my local Books-A_Mill**n to there weekly pokemon club to hook my gameboy up to others kids to trade for the hard to get bulbasaur and squirtle.

Deleted
    Armored core series. - Completed all the parts and missions from AC 1 to 4. Required to spent a chunk of my lifespan to mix and match parts while maintaining balance. ANd to test these AC builds in actual battle... not to mention the time spent to practice the skills to pilot different types of AC and tactics execution.

Monster rancher - monster collecting, training, competing in arenas.

Crash bandicoot - super funny and challenging. I love the story and the gameplay. Bit childish, but worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ra2
    Mdk 2
    Commandos 2
    Jazz jackrabbit 2
    Duke nukem 3d
    X-3 reunion or terran conflict or albion prelude (hardcore)
    Contra
    Torchlight 2

This is what i play when net is down every time
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Super Nintendo -> Pokemon -> WoW -> Never again i fear

And by dedicated, i mean dedicated.

Deleted
    1. Total Annihilation
    2. Total Annihilation
    3. Total Annihilation

Yeah... It's pretty much all I did when I was younger.

I spent hundreds of hours on Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. Between item upgrading and rerolling characters into new classes (can't remember the term for it now), I sunk a lot of time into that game.

Pokemon Red - My first real game, I played it for hundreds of hours back in the day. I still have it laying around in my desk though I haven't touched it for years, ever since I got FireRed.

Pokemon Gold - My second game, still play it every now and then when I'm on vacation.

Ratchet & Clank 2 - The first game I got together with my PS2, I spent so many hours in it. Been a while since I played it but I know I beat that game at least 40 times, probably even more.

Right now I'm planning to play a few of the old Final Fantasy games for the first time, seeing as I never got the chance to play any of them when I was younger. Just started Final Fantasy VI for the SNES yesterday, as it seems to be the favorite of many, and now I regret not doing that earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    World of Warcraft (Yea, I consider it old) Logged in 10,000+ hours back when I used x-fire, stopped using that 2-3 years ago.
    Why: Had a blast playing it, made lots of friends, met some great people, and i just enjoyed it overall.
    Dear god that's 417+ days! How is that even possible!? Do you just leave the game running 24/7? I've been playing WoW for 4 years now (and quite avidly at that) and made somewhere over 130 days with all of my alts time added up. O_O

I guess you really are dedicated, haha!
    Last edited by Libram; 2012-12-18 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post
    Dear god that's 417+ days! How is that even possible!? Do you just leave the game running 24/7? I've been playing WoW for 4 years now (and quite avidly at that) and made somewhere over 130 days with all of my alts time added up. O_O

I guess you really are dedicated, haha!
    *Not really on topic off thread....but*. Hi! 400 days played are quit normal to be seen now days from nerdy players who started since vanilla etc... Personally we know from this very forum off a guy who had was it over 1200 days played. Now obviously many just let it run inn the background etc, but having 300-400 days played trough 6,7 or 8 years are not unheard off. I think I have about 400 to.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time, that thing literally FEASTED ON MY LIFE so much hours alone did I spend on that Zora level (The thing inside the monster's belly).

Before that... Super Mario for the old Nintendo.

Now ? Its Probably DotA2, though its still in the Beta Steam says I have 500 Hours exactly. Of course there is WoW, all characters together its about 550 Days /Played, maybe a little more or less.

I guess that would fall under "dedicated".

10+ Year Old Account
    Age of empires 2, usually playing custom maps like Teutonic blood, castle blood and hero fest.
    Diablo 2 Ladder around 1.09-1.10 - D3 release
    Guild wars 1, especially Guild Vs Guild
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Super Mario World
    F-zero GX
    Smash Bros. 64

For me it was Final Fantasy VIII IX and X :P. Quite the low variation, but I really went all out in those games, checking every corner, hunting down every upgrade.
    I was even doing weird things like, in FFIX I went through it without lvling from lvl 1, just as a challange. I just really like fantasy rpgs, and especially when they have a japanese feel to them.

WoW is the most dedicated I've been to a game, ever.

What else... Pokemon games I play a lot of. I don't get into the EV training stuff though, so maybe it doesn't count.

Played a lot of FF7-10 as well. Oh, and LoZ games.

Deleted
    I am still playing Knight Online. Roughly 5 years already.

I was so hook with Diablo 2. I will try Diablo 3 when i get the chance.

Chrono Cross. This game took a lot of my time. Not only is the game difficult, the story line is a bit confusing as well, because the characters travel through time. In addition there are different scenario you may end up with; bad ending or good. The ultimate goal is to collect all the characters and MAX their levels.

Deleted
    80's - Double Dragon (Arcade), Final Fight (Arcade), Shinobi (Arcade)
    Completed these games numerous times and never got bored. Still play them once in a blue moon thanks to MAME.

90's - Streetfighter II (Arcade), DOOM, Quake II
    SF2 had incredible depth for a 1v1 fighter for its time, 6 buttons zomg!
    DOOM needs no explanation!
    Q2 was jaw droppingly awesome once you had a proper graphics card to play it on. (software mode sucked!)

00s - Diablo II, World of Warcraft, GTA Vice City
    D2 was the first Action RPG I got hooked on. Was a breath of fresh air compared to all the turn-based RPG's I'd played in the 90's.
    Got into the closed beta of vanilla WoW and played solid through to Cata. Tried to get back into WoW by trying MoP but just can't. Game feels old now after all these years.
    GTA VC is still my favourite of the GTA series. The characters, music and environment were all spot on.

Deleted
    Runescape (I nearly failed the 5th grade because of that stupid game:P)
    WoW (Obviously)
    TES4: Oblivion
    Heroes of Might and Magic 5
    Tropico 4 and Sims stole a huge amount of my time as well.

I don't know howmany ours I've played so I will just mention how many years I played.

DotA: This mod was good. Good enough to create an entirely new genre. (8 years and getting more with DotA2)
    Knight Online: First mmo I've ever played. Good times. (2 years or so)
    Tomb Riader 1-5(since you said old): I am hardcore fan of Tomb Raider games and spent countless hours with my dad and brother trying to solve puzzles. Good times.