Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why so mean to lazer chicken blizz?

Movement dps is bad, aoe sucks, single target is 1 of the worst. No execute and 1 of the hardest dot rotations in the games yet lock are better multidotters. 5.1 just hit and we get no changes. Will 5.2 bring changes? Will blizz ever answer to our crys or will we be forced to roll and mage or a lock if we want to play ranged dps???????

Then our dps spikes and just falls off so hard. Our dps really relies on how long a fight is. Mechanics seems to screw us over way to much compared to other classes.

I don't want to offend you or anything, but what's your gear like? I am consistently the top DPS in my guild, and always the top DPS in LFR by a rather significant margin. (Multi-DOT on Protectors of the Endless in LFR = "38% of total damage done, lol.") My own gear is decent, but just that — decent. (My luck with drops is historically abysmal.) Balance druids in general seem to spank a lot of other DPS in MoP despite their not so simple (but not so difficult) rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hach View Post
    I don't want to offend you or anything, but what's your gear like? I am consistently the top DPS in my guild, and always the top DPS in LFR by a rather significant margin. (Multi-DOT on Protectors of the Endless in LFR = "38% of total damage done, lol.") My own gear is decent, but just that — decent. (My luck with drops is historically abysmal.) Balance druids in general seem to spank a lot of other DPS in MoP despite their not so simple (but not so difficult) rotation.
    Your LFR groups must be bad. Once you get down to 1 add on protectors everyone else will catch up, especially people with execute phases. The bosses have a lot of health. At least that's what happened to me. When all three were up I was at like 150k dps and leaps and bounds ahead of everyone but by the time the boss actually died I was down to 4th with about 70k dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Your LFR groups must be bad. Once you get down to 1 add on protectors everyone else will catch up, especially people with execute phases. The bosses have a lot of health. At least that's what happened to me. When all three were up I was at like 150k dps and leaps and bounds ahead of everyone but by the time the boss actually died I was down to 4th with about 70k dps.
    That drop in DPS sounds overly drastic. Average LFR Protectors kill you will be looking at something along the lines of;

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...1&e=649#Stàlv

Quote Originally Posted by Hach View Post
    multidotting on protectors of the endless is just padding the meters. it makes the fight longer then if you just single targeted.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a fellow lazer chicken I'm quite happy with how we play and how our damage looks right now. Id say we could use a 5% single target buff, but on fights like Spirit binder, Will, Elegon, Grand Empress and the likes we do great DPS. Were at the bottom on Ta'yak, but on a fight like that, that's where we should be.

If your damage isn't competitive on any fights, you're lacking something. Be it skill, gear, or a fundamental understanding of how the class works best. If you top meters on some fights but not others, learn to live with it. Noone should be best on every fight (except mages ofc!)
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    multidotting on protectors of the endless is just padding the meters. it makes the fight longer then if you just single targeted.
    The shooting stars procs increase your single target DPS.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Moonkins are just more gear dependant then ever before. I used to hate playing moonkin dps in the start of the tier, cause it just sucked. the better my gear is becoming, the dps goes up exponentially. Thats all

i like my moonkin and do as much or more damage than the rest of my team. fyi we all rank in the top 100 or so for our class on world of logs so inb4 "anecdotal evidence blah blah blah"

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    You can actually do more single target damage if you multi dot on that fight. Starsurge is the biggest boomkin damage and multi dot = more starsurge amiright?

And to add, moonkins will be great with more gear. They might be one of the classes that scale best with gear. More haste(even if you don't reforge to haste after cap you will still have more haste than you want) = faster eclipse rotation. More crit = more starsurge. Even mastery isn't that bad of a stat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    It it really confirmed? I've read a discussion on EJ on the topic and it wasn't exactly enthusiastic towards dotting targets on which dmg is wasted and if additional SS procs overcome the wasted GCDs.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 10:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Despite View Post
    Moonkins are just more gear dependant then ever before. I used to hate playing moonkin dps in the start of the tier, cause it just sucked. the better my gear is becoming, the dps goes up exponentially. Thats all
    I must agree. With several upgrades the gameplay and the effects on meters seem a bit more satisfying. Tho I would love to see some solution for our movement dps - lunar shower is not enough and we are terrible at movement dps. Single target and AoE is okeish.
    Last edited by Lilija; 2012-11-30 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    You can actually do more single target damage if you multi dot on that fight. Starsurge is the biggest boomkin damage and multi dot = more starsurge amiright?

And to add, moonkins will be great with more gear. They might be one of the classes that scale best with gear. More haste(even if you don't reforge to haste after cap you will still have more haste than you want) = faster eclipse rotation. More crit = more starsurge. Even mastery isn't that bad of a stat.
    next tier when we have enough passive haste to have 2 eclipsed dots rolling the whole fight our damage is going to be out of control

15+ Year Old Account
    Btw: http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/

Doesn't really look that bad when you look at some real statistics

I'm going to agree with you on some measures. Our aoe is abysmal and clunky and I have made many threads on the official forums addressing this. I know they won't address "fun" but hurricane is not fun. I've mentioned how bad the implementation is with nature's grace and losing out on it if we choose to aoe and the fact that as a static in place aoe it has a lot of detriment already (think feng adds, even with stuns and slows you're recasting it and even when they are stationary you aren't matching up to other peoples aoe).

Multi target we are pretty good, and as gear gets better it will get even better with more shooting stars procs. We don't really need a change in this category. The one thing I will complain about here is our 4 piece this tier, originally adding 4 seconds they nerfed it to two. That seems pretty abysmal to me. I only have 3 pieces so I can't say for sure but I know in beta with 18 second dots I was able to go from one eclipse to the other without having to recast dots, it would be nice to have that with the 4 piece, 2 seconds seems too little to make that happen. This seems more like a 2 piece set bonus than a 4 piece.

For pure single target fights we are lacking somewhat as well (if there are two targets we do pretty well, especially if they are spread out, as shooting star procs are phenomenal). My biggest problem here is how weak solar single target is still. Sure it will get better with more shooting star procs but I can't tell you how annoying it is to always have to be in lunar when you wanna burn something down. Case in point elegon: if you enter the last phase and want to pop cool downs right away you wanna be in lunar. Sure this is a skill issue in trying to time it correctly or even holding the last bit of solar until you are able to transition and enter lunar but it's still a dps loss to hold and the timing doesn't always work out. Buffing solar just a little bit would at least make it so you aren't dreading how things work out if you end up in solar and have to spam wrath.

In summary I'd like to see shrooms buffed with some kind of dot added to them to promote nature's grace uptime via shooting star procs (6 second sun fire dot added onto all targets affected by shrooms would be amazing) and wrath damage buffed a little bit. To me that would make the class much more enjoyable and competitive in single target and aoe situations.

Once again, we're not in a terrible spot but these annoyances are pretty severe to me. We have these amazing cool downs where we burst huge on bosses but if you're in a 5 man challenge mode you're almost a liability on trash. My frost mage destroys trash with frost bomb and is very undergeared compared to my boomy, but he pulls a lot more there. I really wish these things would be addressed but I agree with you that Blizzard doesn't seem to care a lot about moonkin mechanics at this point. I got a lot more done when I was raising points about mages when I used to play one last expansion (blue responses, etc). Then again it did take them until dragon soul to buff fire and t11 mages were bad in all specs until arcane got buffed.

To me though it's not only about the numbers but the mechanics of the spec. Those few changes I mentioned would make me love every bit of moonkin and I hope they are addressed in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    It it really confirmed? I've read a discussion on EJ on the topic and it wasn't exactly enthusiastic towards dotting targets on which dmg is wasted and if additional SS procs overcome the wasted GCDs.
    I imagine it's pretty gear dependent. If your proc chance is low, 3 x low = still low, so single target would be better. The more your crit goes up, the more valuable 3 x proc chance is. Extreme example: going from 1% to 3% is lame, going from 30% to 90% is epic. You would expect to surpass single target DPS at some point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halfawake View Post
    Multi target we are pretty good, and as gear gets better it will get even better with more shooting stars procs. We don't really need a change in this category. The one thing I will complain about here is our 4 piece this tier, originally adding 4 seconds they nerfed it to two. That seems pretty abysmal to me. I only have 3 pieces so I can't say for sure but I know in beta with 18 second dots I was able to go from one eclipse to the other without having to recast dots, it would be nice to have that with the 4 piece, 2 seconds seems too little to make that happen. This seems more like a 2 piece set bonus than a 4 piece.
    I am able to go from one eclipse to the other without recasting (and falling off) on a single target - if I don't have to move...

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 01:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    I imagine it's pretty gear dependent. If your proc chance is low, 3 x low = still low, so single target would be better. The more your crit goes up, the more valuable 3 x proc chance is. Extreme example: going from 1% to 3% is lame, going from 30% to 90% is epic. You would expect to surpass single target DPS at some point.
    It's more a caste of wasted SS procs that happen due to low reaction or simply proccing in between GCDs.

Deleted
    We'll never be able to compete with mages and warlocks of same skill when it comes to ranged dps, but our single target and multidot dps overall really is quite good. An aoe dps buff would be nice though, i miss blowing things up with shrooms

Quote Originally Posted by Stalv View Post
    That drop in DPS sounds overly drastic. Average LFR Protectors kill you will be looking at something along the lines of;
    Really? That's an "Average" LFR Protectors dps ? 140k ? Because everyone has 500 iLvl like you?

How is our rotation difficult? I find it extremely simple... The only tricky thing to learn can be the correct opener... which is actually still very simple. When you say it is "1 of the hardest dot rotations" it tells me that you just haven't put in enough time or effort with your class.

Also, I'm pretty happy with the state of Boomkin's. Compared to other classes, you're right. Our high-movement DPS isn't the greatest, but there aren't too many encounters that require a lot of it. Assuming you're doing normal raid bosses and haven't experienced much content, the only boss in MSV that can have a lot of potential movement is Stone Guard.

Our AoE DPS is actually extremely good when there are 1-3~ targets. If you are playing correctly, you will find yourself at the top. With 4 or more, other classes will definitely be more competitive.

Being cooldown reliant can definitely hurt our DPS when the fight ends at an "unfortunate" time, but if the boss dies, that's what matters. We can provide more damage when it is needed compared to other classes. Think of it that way if you really need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    i wish it was that simple, but it isnt. get the facts or shut it, ty

Keep it civil

fyi, its very civil. Its just very sad to see moderators spreading their false thoughts as facts. would've been fine with "i think its increases..." etc, but saying it as a fact is just horrible.
    Last edited by lappee; 2012-12-04 at 04:20 AM.