Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Outdated information. The difference between modern automatic transmissions and manuals in both fuel efficiency and cost is minimal. You have to go back about 5 years for the difference to be substantial.

With that, I must leave for work.
    I see. Many people buy used cars however, so they will be purchasing a car that is potentially 5+ years old.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    Yes because the machine is going to get it right every time. That's what it's designed to do.
    No. Not all automatic cars are equipped with a kickdown. If I want to overtake someone while driving, say, 90 km/h, I don't stay in the 5th gear like the automatic forces me to. I switch down to #4 and push the gas to the floor. Much more torque from the engine, better acceleration, quicker overtake. Also if I want to save gas I'll kick a gear up and go with a low engine speed.

Also it is much, much, much more fun than just standing on the gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Raindoom View Post
    But the rules of English say that if you pluralize a noun that ends with a vowel and then single consonant, you make the consonant double.
    Languages - there are no rules

only exceptions
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera
    I don't get it.™

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Holy shit.

http://i.imgur.com/Sie14.png

You are now unofficially the dopest of the thread.
    LOL. Wow you did that fast! I will use this for a day.

Deleted
    If you're constantly failing the exam, you're not really paying attention. Like half my driver's ed class. Holy shit they were all terrible at listening. Most of them failed.
    So you agree with me that you first should pass a driving exam before getting a license.

Quote Originally Posted by Naro View Post

only exceptions
    Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    Since when do languages stand to their rules? ^^
    Exactly. Fucking language. English is the worst.
    [Steam]
    3DS Friend Code: 2509-2629-0987 | NNID: Sanics
    Formerly known as: Sonic Raindoom, Sir W Reginald Armchair, Sir William R Armchair

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    No. Not all automatic cars are equipped with a kickdown. If I want to overtake someone while driving, say, 90 km/h, I don't stay in the 5th gear like the automatic forces me to. I switch down to #4 and push the gas to the floor. Much more torque from the engine, better acceleration, quicker overtake. Also if I want to save gas I'll kick a gear up and go with a low engine speed.

Also it is much, much, much more fun than just standing on the gas.
    You clearly know more than me. I won't bother with manual transmission ever, though, because it's getting phased out for automatic.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Deleted
    Holy shit.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Sie14.png[IMG]

You are now unofficially the dopest of the thread.
    I thought I had a pretty high dope rating. =c

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    So you agree with me that you first should pass a driving exam before getting a license.
    That's the only way to get a license here. In fact, they're starting to make it so that you have to take a driver's ed course to become eligible to get a license.

I was only disagreeing with the thought that actually driving a vehicle is hard.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Take me pls.
    I'll send you a helicopter.
    [Steam]
    Formerly known as: Sonic Raindoom, Sir W Reginald Armchair, Sir William R Armchair

go Brocos!

That's the only way to get a license here.

I was only disagreeing with the thought that actually driving a vehicle is hard.
    That "eei" combination looks weird.
    Why am I looking at words so much?
    [Steam]

Deleted
    thread is going too fast now =(

Deleted
    That's the only way to get a license here. In fact, they're starting to make it so that you have to take a driver's ed course to become eligible to get a license.
    It depends on the situation, and not everyone is good at it. It should be taken seriously and responsibly, not "easy" or "fun".

My page-refreshing habit is getting out of control. I just tried to refresh Skype.
    [Steam]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naro View Post

only exceptions
    And from what I've heard from "English as a second language" people, English is the worst offender of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Dragon View Post
    go Brocos!
    Yes. Screw Joe Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    And from what I've heard from "English as a second language" people, English is the worst offender of it.
    English is my first language and I think it's the worst offender of it.
    [Steam]

You never told me any tales of dangerous behavior.
    Um one time I drove without a seatbelt because I forgot to put it on. And uh, I jumped out of a really high tree once, but there was water below. I don't think Lycoris can top any of that badassery!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Raindoom View Post
    My page-refreshing habit is getting out of control. I just tried to refresh Skype.
    I Alt-F4'd out of Diablo 3 once accidentally. Alt is the button to make items show up, and I think I was trying hit one of my abilities (1-4) at the same time, and it was probably dark and I was trying to do it without looking at the keys (and I didn't have my hand set where it usually is)

Deleted
    You clearly know more than me. I won't bother with manual transmission ever, though, because it's getting phased out for automatic.
    In Germany you pretty exclusively take your driving licence on a car with manual transmission, so 99% of all drivers know how to operate them. If you take your exam on an automatic you're not allowed to drive a manual; if you take it on a manual you can drive both though.