Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naro View Post
    Oh poopy
    Oh poopy indeed.

Might try and negotiate if my friend could pay up 100€ out of the 350€ that he's paying for my current one in advance so I could just order the damn parts and spend the remaining 250€ on the license and have mum pay up the remaining sum, since she's meant to pay the 600€ to begin with.

Financial problems are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaedris View Post
    I'll have the case lying in my room and taunting me for probably at least a month before I can get the remaining parts. Only missing 100€ but I might have to spend 600€ for my driver's license before January 19th, since we'll be getting new laws and those'll increase the price of the license and stuff. :<
    Ooh I was lucky I bought everything at once and all the parts arrived on the same day. I don't think I could handle having the empty case sitting in my room for a month...

That seems like a steep price for a drivers license but I wish it was that pricey over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoroar View Post
    <Not scientifically possible>
    [video=youtube;3pjuP8Q8yl4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pjuP8Q8yl4[video]
    Ah yep, I was wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    Ooh I was lucky I bought everything at once and all the parts arrived on the same day. I don't think I could handle having the empty case sitting in my room for a month...

That seems like a steep price for a drivers license but I wish it was that pricey over here.
    1.5-2k in here. Dad's already paid his part so the rest is up to my mum and likely me.

Yeah, I had to order the case so I'd still be able to use a discount code, also decided against ordering it from Germany since it's big enough to come as a 2nd package, which'd add another 30€ in postage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll have the case lying in my room and taunting me for probably at least a month before I can get the remaining parts. Only missing 100€ but I might have to spend 600€ for my driver's license before January 19th, since we'll be getting new laws and those'll increase the price of the license and stuff. :<
    How in the hell does a driver's license cost $600?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    How in the hell does a driver's license cost $600?
    +2k in dollars.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 09:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    I had the as my last PC too.
    Be careful, if you have a cat, push it down from it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!
    Otherwise he/she'll innocently step on the power button and suddenly your comp goes *fwoomb* *restarts*

And do you have ANY clue what the thing at the top that you can open is good for? ^^
    No idea since I'm intending to keep it in the package until I get the rest of the parts, also to keep any sort of cat hair out since we've got 3 running around the apartment. I'll take one with me once I move, the apartment should be ready in January.

So yeah, I have no idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    +2k in dollars.
    I'm sorry, but what?! That little piece of plastic that says you can legally drive. That's what we're talking about here, right? It's like $20.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    600$ is a steep price?
    Here 1000€ and more isn't unusual at all.

Murrican streets seem a lot scarier suddenly. o.o

I'm sorry, but what?! That little piece of plastic that says you can legally drive. That's what we're talking about here, right? It's like $20.
    Not in Europe. It's quite expensive. They prefer people use public transport.

Deleted
    How the hell did I survive the streets when I was over there ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Not in Europe. It's quite expensive. They prefer people use public transport.
    Well, then, how often does it need to be renewed?

Deleted
    In order to get said little piece of plastic, we have to go through around 40 hours of driving lessons, which include a simulator for driving in the dark, a course lesson for icy/wet streets and whatnot and about 20 hours of theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    How the hell did I survive the streets when I was over there ...
    Poor people gotta drive too.

Deleted
    Well, then, how often does it need to be renewed?
    Thanks to the new laws coming up, every 5 years starting from 19th of January, not sure about the costs though for that.

Currently? If I'm correct, you won't need to renew it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And after you get your license, there's fees for using roads, fees for passing checkpoints positioned EVERY FUCKING WHERE, fees for EU control, fees for gas + gas-taxes, taxes for having a car, insurance, and if you own a diesel car which our bloody government manipulated the common person into buying a few years ago you get penalized for using it during "busy hours".

Tell me why I should get a license again?

Or Luna forbid, a car!

Deleted
    i have to go for a bit and lead a raid =3 cyas all later =3

Thanks to the new laws coming up, every 5 years starting from 19th of January, not sure about the costs though for that.

Currently? If I'm correct, you won't need to renew it.
    Yep, no need to renew afaik, costs that is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nox Draic View Post
    And after you get your license, there's fees for using roads, fees for passing checkpoints positioned EVERY FUCKING WHERE, fees for EU control, fees for gas + gas-taxes, taxes for having a car, insurance, and if you own a diesel car which our bloody government manipulated the common person into buying a few years ago you get penalized for using it during "busy hours".

Tell me why I should get a license again?

Or Luna forbid, a car!
    Because most jobs require you to have a driver's license, or at least it's a big plus in your CV?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    i have to go for a bit and lead a raid =3 cyas all later =3
    Raid lead and poni.. That's what I normally do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because most jobs require you to have a driver's license, or at least it's a big plus in your CV?
    Ah yes, there's that. I almost love my job.