Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Kungen isn't high end...

Luckily this effects almost no-one out of the wow population numbers wise then... even if it were true :P

Sooooo, how long till arcane nerfs will hit? Those mages op as fuck.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/0yt5u...e=12826#Blatty

Our mage seemed fine today. Was still always right around the top of the dps in our 10 man.... But instead of being like 10% + ahead he was fractionally ahead or fractionally behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    We currently have 3 mages on our team with no plans to bench any of them. 2 of them have begrudgingly accepted the change, while the other is still clinging to fire for his dearly life. The first two are convincing the third to switch. They've been trying out arcane and did just fine. One of them is going to try frost and is more than happy to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plumwd View Post
    We currently have 3 mages on our team with no plans to bench any of them. 2 of them have begrudgingly accepted the change, while the other is still clinging to fire for his dearly life. The first two are convincing the third to switch. They've been trying out arcane and did just fine. One of them is going to try frost and is more than happy to do so.
    But isn't that a small issue in itself? Saying Mages are viable because we have two other specs to fall back on acknowledges the changes to fire MIGHT have been too severe. How would a warrior react if Fury were nerfed and he was told Warriors are fine because Arms is OK?

Some people just enjoy the playstyle of a spec or have a deep antipathy to the other specs. Personally I don't like Arcane primarily because I don't WANT to have to pay attention to my mana bar for the entire fight, or if I mess up a cast sequence I lose stacks and my entire rotation collapses with a consequential loss of dps.

Frost is an option for me, but having geared for fire over the past few months I am not correctly itemised for that spec either.
    But I shouldn't have to make that choice and Fire should be more viable. On my first raid since the nerfs in TOES I only got respectable DPS on the Protectors of the Endless fight due to stacking the haste buff. I also think I'll do well in cleave fights. So for Fire Mages our 'Moment in the Sun' seems to be cleave fights and gimmick fights that buff either or crit or our haste to ridiculous levels.

I guess I still hold out hope that Blizzard will in due course recognise that the nerfs return too much of an RNG element to the spec and will walk back a portion of the nerfs, nerfs most Mages agree were needed but which we think were overdone. Time will tell.

Kungen is one if the best players in WoW, he has been around for a long time.
    Kungen is a pioneer, that grants him spot in WoW hall of fame but to think he's best player in the world by todays standards is kinda silly. Kinda like Diego Maradona.

To stay on topic, as everyone said, our mage is doing perfectly fine numbers, still competing for top spot.
    Last edited by mixerii; 2012-12-06 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    Well, most guilds in the top 50 or wherever they are aren't there because they don't know what they're doing.

Pretty sure they're ranked 54th in the world at the moment, which isn't bad considering how many trash players they still have to get rid of.
    Doesn't say much tbh. They haven't killed Heroic Shek'zeer. They gained a jump in the rankings because they went ahead and killed two bosses in ToES instead while most other guilds in their ranking bracket (say 100 to 250ish) are working on her.

The other day, we switched to Lei-shi HC for fun and it seemed like a faceroll fight. There are hardly any changes mechanics wise and it looked like we were on track for the enrage.

If guilds who are 15/16 and currently on Sha HC are suddenly benching all their mages after the changes, there might be something to think about.
    Ashr

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael View Post
    Sooooo, how long till arcane nerfs will hit? Those mages op as fuck.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/0yt5u...e=12826#Blatty
    Oh wow, you sampled one of the 5 best PvE mages in the world. Congratulations, that proves nothing.

Honestly, mages shifting back to Arcane is a good thing. At least that spec has some essence of decision-making.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    But isn't that a small issue in itself? Saying Mages are viable because we have two other specs to fall back on acknowledges the changes to fire MIGHT have been too severe. How would a warrior react if Fury were nerfed and he was told Warriors are fine because Arms is OK?
    The warrior would probably roll arms.

When you play a class that has more then 1 dps spec you have 2 options. Play the spec that is optimal (patch to patch, or fight to fight) or play the one you like best. The hunters in my guild all prefer the marks play-style. None of them are currently marks. C'est la vie.

We are not benching our mages - they are still competitive with their other specs, and Fire can still be competitive fight dependent.

Also, Nihilum is pretty washed up and I wouldn't consider them a high end progression guild. Kungen rides the fame train pretty hard and raids excessive hours, but he's no one special anymore. What they do is not indicative of what other "real" top end guilds are doing.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, according to OP, "Multiple" = One. Learn something new every day, I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    Kungen is one if the best players in WoW, he has been around for a long time.
    I watched one of his early streams this tier and he played so horrible i was slightly ashamed to be playing a prot warrior aswell.
    No idea why people hype him so much, he's swifty of raiding lol...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcNulty View Post
    also, "sunwelling" of the mages -> mages were fine in sunwell, anything else was either urban mythology or bad players with excuses.
    mages were alright in sunwell , maybe not as good as dual warglavie rogues and warlocks by any stretch of imagination, but neither was any other class. People tend to over exaggerate the state of mages during sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Oh wow, you sampled one of the 5 best PvE mages in the world. Congratulations, that proves nothing.
    It proves a lot, because the other people in that raid are pretty good (to say the least). Are you telling me that good mages should be top most every fight and 33k better on Patchwerk against equally good players?
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post
    The warrior would probably roll arms.

When you play a class that has more then 1 dps spec you have 2 options. Play the spec that is optimal (patch to patch, or fight to fight) or play the one you like best. The hunters in my guild all prefer the marks play-style. None of them are currently marks. C'est la vie.
    Yup. If you're trying to do the best, then you don't always get to do what you want to do.

Unless the only thing you want to do is trying to be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    It proves a lot, because the other people in that raid are pretty good (to say the least). Are you telling me that good mages should be top most every fight and 33k better on Patchwerk against equally good players?
    As long as it's limited to Patchwerk fights, it's not that big a deal IMO. Take a look at Garalon in the same log that was linked and the tables are turned. Rogues and other cleaving melee decimate everyone else there. In fact, Blatty as Arcane is topping 3 fights or so in that log and only by a small margin in 2/3.

Mages are still powerful casters but they aren't as ridiculous as they were before the nerf.
    Ashr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    mages are fine, now instead of being 10-15% ahead on everything, they are where they belong. Kungen is a washed up old hack who only plays this game to make money off his stream, his guild is not a "high-end" progressing guild, and is not a valid source of information regarding class balance.
    Don't sound so mad. Kungen isn't coming in here saying "YOu guys should sit your mages". If you want to get mad at someone, get mad at the OP for even considering it. I swear man, people use whatever excuse they can to bash ppl nowadays. And it isn't because they're happy people.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    u do know that u cant count the dps proper on that encounter due to the switching between the 2 realms

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnye View Post
    u do know that u cant count the dps proper on that encounter due to the switching between the 2 realms
    And then they invented staying up top the entire fight and having that player also log. Pretty new idea I think it's only a few years old.