Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    Oh you're a Healer? You should of said!

So how are you Healing players if you're not looking at your icons? Or are you clicking your icons from a very good memory, which would make your whole 'can press the wrong key' argument moot.
    My avatar and profile is pretty clear about that!

It's called perpetual vision. My icons are placed where I can see all three things occurring at once. From active healing with the healbox; to clicking abilities as needed, and looking out for the bad stuff.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    What healer uses raid frames again?

My placement of icons is v-e-r-y convenient...

http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/a...711_015417.jpg

Very little mouse movement needed and even at eye level to watch for the purple stuff.
    I hate to break it to you, but those are raid frames...

It's worse than I feared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    You're very conveniently avoiding points mentioned by other users...look at my analysis above and try to answer it, Mr. Clicker
    I answer what I can. If it buried by 4+ posts, you have to wait your turn, Mr. Keybinder.

And you're not me, Dalinos. People aren't robots off of a conveyor belt, we function differently.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Old discussion, i'm not bothering to give my opinion of.
    If you want a simple way to look at it, find those that is furthest in brawlers guild, and ask them if they're clickers or not.
    Lot of movement involved on some bosses, and interrupts you don't want to miss.
    The keyboard/clicker-ratio should give you a good idea of it.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't know about most people but when i click spells i don't look at the bars, my spells are always in the same place why would i need to look? i'm a healer though so most of spells are bound to shift+click etc. when i tried key binding on alt dps i noticed i would usually hit the keys to soon or my hand would end up in the wrong place, wasn't worth the hassle to get use to. so ya i don't understand why people think if your clicking you can't see something flying at your face or that your standing in something etc.... come on guys a clicker who is like that is just a bad player that doesn't pay attention. they didn't see because they weren't paying attention or couldn't be arsed to move not because they click.
    I'd torture a thousand souls just to see her smile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but those are raid frames...

It's worse than I feared.
    That's a healbox. All healers who heal fulltime use it.

Deleted

Very little mouse movement needed and even at eye level to watch for the purple stuff.
    ...But you do have to move your mouse. from the target frame to the spell. You could place a "heal" button next to each and every single raid frame and it still would be bad.

This thread should have been over 12-14 pages ago, now it's just clickers justifying themselves for something they cannot disprove. Physically. It takes a nonzero amount of time to move your mouse pointer to a place in the screen. Clickers do have to do that, keybinders don't, end of discussion.

I am not saying you can't click, just don't try to convince anybody that it was better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strangebreed View Post
    i don't know about most people but when i click spells i don't look at the bars, my spells are always in the same place why would i need to look? i'm a healer though so most of spells are bound to shift+click etc. when i tried key binding on alt dps i notice i would usually hit the keys to soon or my hand would end up in the wrong place, wasn't worth the hassle to get use to. so ya i don't understand why people think if your clicking you can't see something flying at your face or that your standing in something etc.... come on guys a clicker who is like that is just a bad player that doesn't pay attention. they didn't see because they weren't paying attention or couldn't be arsed to move not because they click.
    Because they're not trained to click well or fast. Their idea of clickers is some n00b who keyboard turns and all.

I answer what I can. If it buried by 4+ posts, you have to wait your turn, Mr. Keybinder.

And you're not me, Dalinos. People aren't robots off of a conveyor belt, we function differently.
    Agreed! Everyone's different! You wanna know something that's NOT different though? Facts. Facts have proven time and time again that keybinding > clicking. Any way you spin it, any way you put it, any way you advocate it, you simply cannot support clicking WITHOUT going against hard, proven FACTS.

As I mentioned earlier, if YOU want to eat a spoon with a fork, instead of a spoon, that's your prerogative. I don't care, I really don't. Play as you like, noone's gonna tell you how to play.

Don't you ever advocate that clicking is better than keybinding though, cause that proves you're simply a single-minded fool who ignores facts and keeps spouting the same bullshit all the damn time. No personal opinion/experience is stronger than empirical facts. I'm sorry, that's just the way this world works. Facts > all. (when it comes to debating issues, ofc, please don't take my PoV out of context )

10+ Year Old Account
    So, just from my own PERSONAL experiences and opinion (Note: Personal Opinion)...

I noticed my DPS increasing as well as awareness with keybindings. I don't need to look at my bars. I don't need to waste movement because I click. I can now move freely and cast anything without having to pay much attention to anything else other than my surroundings.

My guild in both SWTOR and WoW only accept those who keybind. Its one of those 'if you're hardcore you're already keybinding' things. Most people who apply who openly admit to clicking are those with parses far inferior to their gear levels.

10+ Year Old Account

If you have to click the target, then move your mouse over to the ability, then click the ability, then move the mouse over the the targets again for a rinse/repeat. Then smart keybinding of your heals (OR using some form of addon like Clique) would greatly enhance your gameplay. Saying anything else is living in denial.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Deleted
    Because they're not trained to click well or fast. Their idea of clickers is some n00b who keyboard turns and all.
    Yes, but even if you're very very very well-trained and fast, it takes a certain amount of time to move the mouse to the spell.
    Every single clicker, trained and as good of a player as they may be, would be better and faster with keybinds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    ...But you do have to move your mouse. from the target frame to the spell. You could place a "heal" button next to each and every single raid frame and it still would be bad.
    Well, there is an addon (Healium) that just does that!

It's really funny how so-called experts don't even realize what's on the other side of the lawn. They see a healbox and think it's bad, even.

:shakes head:

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 07:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    If you have to click the target, then move your mouse over to the ability, then click the ability, then move the mouse over the the targets again for a rinse/repeat. Then smart keybinding of your heals (OR using some form of addon like Clique) would greatly enhance your gameplay. Saying anything else is living in denial.
    It's obvious you never used Vuhdo.

Deleted
    ...and as I said, it's still worse than keybinding.

I also never called myself an expert, just someone pointing something out:

scenario: you want to cast a healing spell on Target A which is not your target atm.

clicker:
    1) click target
    2) move cursor to spell button (as close at it may be)
    3) click spell

keybinder:
    1) click target
    2) hit spell button

clever keybinder:
    1) mouseover target
    2) hit spell macro button (/cast [@mouseover,help][] spell)

Tell me again where the advantage lies in the first 3 steps?
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2012-12-04 at 12:57 PM.

Clicking is slow.
    If you have to use an ability (clicking) while moving you will have to use the arrow keys to turn, which is even slower.

In general the keyboard is regarded as more efficient then the mouse for those who know how to use it, and this isn't limited to games (e.g.: http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/200...the-mouse.html )
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetriss View Post
    I am doing a research paper on how clicking is less efficient than keybinding. I need a counterargument to the positives of clicking, and i also need reasons why clicking is worse than keybinding. I was hoping i could come here to get some ideas from you guys.
    I really don't see how there are any positives to clicking...

Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    Clicking is slow.
    If you have to use an ability (clicking) while moving you will have to use the arrow keys to turn, which is even slower.

In general the keyboard is regarded as more efficient then the mouse for those who know how to use it, and this isn't limited to games (e.g.: http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/200...the-mouse.html )
    EDIT: Actually let's put it this way: the keyboard is better for fast binary operations (cast/do not cast) on a limited set of options; the mouse is better when you need to perform non-discreet operations (turning or targeting) of if you have too many variable options (think of addons like Grid to manage a 40-men raid).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    ...and as I said, it's still worse than keybinding.
    To you.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/healium

• 39,864 Monthly Downloads
    • 654,072 Total Downloads

Disagree as well!

I use this, and take a look at it's features...

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/vuhdo

• 135,096 Monthly Downloads
    • 5,212,271 Total Downloads

It's one of the most popular healing addons -- let alone addons in WoW -- period.

So you're now claiming sooooooo many players are wrong?

Denial isn't a river in Egypt.

10+ Year Old Account

It's really funny how so-called experts don't even realize what's on the other side of the lawn. They see a healbox and think it's bad, even.

:shakes head:

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 07:53 AM ----------

It's obvious you never used Vuhdo.
    What your arguing is this:

You buy the cheapest washing machine money can buy and see that the clothes gets clean afterwards. Then draw the conclusion that since the clothes are clean, it has to do just as good a job at cleaning the clothes as the expensive factory brand machine. While it may look like it does just as good a job from your point of view, it is not and you wont realise it untill you give the expensive brand a proper try.

There is a reason that former "hardcore" clickers are popping out of the woodwork just to say it greatly improved their gameplay. If clicking was "Just as good" as keybinds then some of the hardcore raiders would use clicking.. I mean its "just as good".

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 02:03 PM ----------

To you.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/healium

• 39,864 Monthly Downloads
    • 654,072 Total Downloads

Disagree as well!

I use this, and take a look at it's features...

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/vuhdo

• 135,096 Monthly Downloads
    • 5,212,271 Total Downloads

It's one of the most popular healing addons -- let alone addons in WoW -- period.

So you're now claiming sooooooo many players are wrong?

Denial isn't a river in Egypt.
    They arent "wrong". Just using a suboptimal control method, and its like giving yourself a constant small handicap compared to keybinders.

And im gonna assume its fully possible to use these addons with keybinds aswell as clicking.
    Last edited by Cerunnir; 2012-12-04 at 01:08 PM.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mystnz View Post
    I do this as well. Also when a fight has a boss button I leave the mouse over the button for easy clicking.
    I keybound that key: Extra action button 1. I bound it to alt + ` (the button to the left of 1)

I keybind everything. Fingers can move independently of each other allowing you to use up to 5 buttons at once. Assuming you have one hand on the mouse; left hand: pinky, ring, middle, index, thumb, right hand: mouse commands +1 button for thumb or index/middle if you have extra mouse buttons and depending on whether you use laser (thumb or index) or trackball (index or middle), all of these can press commands near to simultaneously.

If you click, you have to use your left hand for movement, and it's not as smooth as using a mouse for movement. I learned these commands from FPS, because there is no clicking icons in an FPS (and reaction time makes the difference in victory or death.)
    Last edited by Jaojin; 2012-12-04 at 01:10 PM.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel