Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    What a load of shit. Sorry. Got quite a few friends who constantly bot almost nonstop for years. Never been banned.
    BG bot, gather bot... you name it, they do it.
    So why aren't you reporting them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Don't look at me as trying to defend bots, as I wrote before - I don't like them at all, but increase of bots going around can be justified by looking at all that grind.
    The grind always existed. It's part of playing MMOs.

What's wrong is justifying the use of bots (whatever the excuse). The game isn't setup to race to end-game, MMOs are designed to be major time sinks.

That Blizzard tries to do both -- adding grinds and giving candy in 4 month intervals is the problem. Either players get used to having a grind or do away with all the barriers. If the latter is the "solution", WoW no longer is a MMO, it's but a $15/mon SP game.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    The grind always existed. It's part of playing MMOs.

What's wrong is justifying the use of bots (whatever the excuse). The game isn't setup to race to end-game, MMOs are designed to be major time sinks.

That Blizzard tries to do both -- adding grinds and giving candy in 4 month intervals is the problem. Either players get used to having a grind or do away with all the barriers. If the latter is the "solution", WoW no longer is a MMO, it's but a $15/mon SP game.
    Well said.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you can't beat them, join them.

So why aren't you reporting them?
    I don't think reports do anything. Those 50+ bots at Halls of Lightning entrance that I reported months ago are still there, going out of the instance, bubbling and runnin back in. And occasionally mounting and visiting the nearby vendor.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!