Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    the only restriction I wish they lift is to allow mail to be transmogged into leather and plate to be transmogged into mail. I want my hunters to be able to look like low level hunters and my paladins like low level paladins. I don't want my hunter being forced to look like a low level paladin with a bow.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Allow for Dagger and Sword to be transmoggable between each other so I can always use a spell-blade, please.
    True enough. My Lock has that spellsword off of Archy that was obviously meant to go with their T5/S2 set, but good luck getting an easily obtainable spellSWORD anymore worth using so I can apply the xmog! Even including PvP gear, it's daggers only.

I think they already removed the class restriction on Thunderfury? My friend got it on his Mage at least, I don't see why Warlock would be unable to obtain it.
    Wait, really? must...resist

And I really think they should allow for cloth-leather to be transmoggable in-between each other, they share a lot of armor models in terms of look anyways, and I feel bad for leather users to be so restricted in their selection. Same with mail-plate.
    I think this is borderline, I like the idea of a rogue wearing cloth items (actually I would love to see mine with a swashbuckler shirt) but if you are allowing all cloth items you will have to deal with rogues in robes, and I believe that's what they are trying to prevent.
    Introducing a new classification or robes vs chest-only cloth items is something I don't see them willing to spend time on.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    You wouldn't see that many on that drop rate. Besides you WILL see sulfuras everywhere when FL becomes soloable and everyone gets the newer Epic version of his hammer. So whats the point?

Legendaries still require a massive time investment to get so why not?

With all the time investment needed to actually GET one isn't it much better to have them being enjoyed than sitting in a stupid bank all the time?
    A lot of people have been trying to get legendaries from old content despite the fact that they couldn't transmog them just for the sake of them being orange.
    Let's say that I would be ok with transmogging them if they suddenly became unobtainable or limited in some way like the vanilla pvp gear is.
    (speaking of which the vanilla pvp gear restriction is quite stupid imho, horde paladins and alliance shamans got screwed unless they changed faction)

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the only restriction I wish they lift is to allow mail to be transmogged into leather and plate to be transmogged into mail. I want my hunters to be able to look like low level hunters and my paladins like low level paladins. I don't want my hunter being forced to look like a low level paladin with a bow.
    haha that does indeed make sense
    Last edited by capitano666; 2012-12-04 at 03:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    Wait, really? must...resist
    ^^

Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    I think this is borderline, I like the idea of a rogue wearing cloth items (actually I would love to see mine with a swashbuckler shirt) but if you are allowing all cloth items you will have to deal with rogues in robes, and I believe that's what they are trying to prevent.
    Introducing a new classification or robes vs chest-only cloth items is something I don't see them willing to spend time on.
    You can already wear a robe as a Rogue, just use Druid gear.

I still hold out hope that Blizzard figures out a way to change the design of Void Storage.

This is my understanding on the whole thing. Blizzard added Void Storage almost specifically for transmogrification. They even removed the keychain to free up valuable item data slots on the back end for the purpose of forming it. My question though, is why even keep the item id at all? We just want the LOOK, we don't need the item itself clogging up anything by that point.

Couldn't it be easier if, instead of keeping the item itself, it instead keeps a separate database of item model/texture IDs? Then you can cycle through those IDs similar to how we use the barbershop? Void Storage would basically be converted to a way to add items to this process, by "destroying" the item but keeping the look locked up. Once you move to the Transmogrification vendor, it will let you hit arrows to cycle through the various looks you collected, and the server will simply overwrite that model/texture id over the old one like it does now, no original item id required.

Maybe it sounds easier in my head then it actually is on the server side of all this, but I sure would prefer that to spending thousands of gold while still causing tons of back end bag issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to help get these things changed can you post on the official forums? I know they read MMO Champion too but their official forums are a lot more visible. It'd take like, 3 minutes to keep that thread at the top, or make new ones.

Remember that they have cheap S4 brutal weapons too, so if you don't feel like drop chasing you can just get those PvP weapons, they are really cheap too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

You can already wear a robe as a Rogue, just use Druid gear.
    You do have a point, I didn't think about that.
    They are probably concerned that they will have unforeseen issues allowing too much, and once it's done they cannot come back without immense drama.
    I believe every class should be able at the very least to transmog to lower level armor types, for the reason that they can wear it.
    Sadly if I want something it doesn't mean it is likely to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    If you want to help get these things changed can you post on the official forums? I know they read MMO Champion too but their official forums are a lot more visible. It'd take like, 3 minutes to keep that thread at the top, or make new ones.

Remember that they have cheap S4 brutal weapons too, so if you don't feel like drop chasing you can just get those PvP weapons, they are really cheap too.
    actually the official forums seem kind of more invisible. you open a new thread and 5 mins later this thread is burried on page 5 where nobody is ever going to see it. the official forums are kind of overcrowded. it's hard to hear what one person has to say when 100000000 other people are yelling different things in the same place at the same time.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    At it's core WoW is still an RPG and they have to do something to keep people like that in check. Nobody roleplays in WoW - not even on RP servers(no, cybering in Goldshire doesn't count) - but a lot of people would quickly become annoyed and lose all sense of immersion if constantly surrounded by people tanking dragons wearing a tutu and swinging a shovel.
    You take it back the shoveler is the best mace in the game!

Nobody roleplays in WoW - not even on RP servers.
    Argent Dawn EU would like to have a word with you.
    *points on ArgentDawn Archives* yeh..

I'm extremely excited for these changes. Totally keeping an eye out for the sha touched staff, just in case of the possibility I might be able to be rocking black ice on my warlock!

Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    You take it back the shoveler is the best mace in the game!
    Can I tell you my deepest, darkest secret? We go way back, so I feel as if I can tell you things I wouldn't tell anyone else.

In spite of what I just posted, when I got my Sha axe last week I immediately transmoged it into... a mining pick. I hate every single axe model in the game except for like two, neither of which I can get to drop for me on my weekly transmog runs. Transmoging it into a mining pick was like a form of silent protest.

Hopefully they change that Paladin / Shaman can transmog Offhand Items into Shields.

It's horrible as Shaman to wear some stupid fan, there are no decent looking off hand items.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    I still hold out hope that Blizzard figures out a way to change the design of Void Storage.

This is my understanding on the whole thing. Blizzard added Void Storage almost specifically for transmogrification. They even removed the keychain to free up valuable item data slots on the back end for the purpose of forming it. My question though, is why even keep the item id at all? We just want the LOOK, we don't need the item itself clogging up anything by that point.

Couldn't it be easier if, instead of keeping the item itself, it instead keeps a separate database of item model/texture IDs? Then you can cycle through those IDs similar to how we use the barbershop? Void Storage would basically be converted to a way to add items to this process, by "destroying" the item but keeping the look locked up. Once you move to the Transmogrification vendor, it will let you hit arrows to cycle through the various looks you collected, and the server will simply overwrite that model/texture id over the old one like it does now, no original item id required.

Maybe it sounds easier in my head then it actually is on the server side of all this, but I sure would prefer that to spending thousands of gold while still causing tons of back end bag issues.
    That is a great idea. I would love to clean my void storage and banks of all the low level greens I keep just in case I need a blue belt or something. Destroy everything, and keep only the skins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I tell you my deepest, darkest secret? We go way back, so I feel as if I can tell you things I wouldn't tell anyone else.

In spite of what I just posted, when I got my Sha axe last week I immediately transmoged it into... a mining pick. I hate every single axe model in the game except for like two, neither of which I can get to drop for me on my weekly transmog runs. Transmoging it into a mining pick was like a form of silent protest.
    Your secret is safe with me no one else will ever know.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    I also have literally ZERO space left with black hole bags in every slot. And there is nothing I want to delete.

They reall need to give us more bank and void storage tabs. At the very least let us buy more tabs.
    They refuse to give hunters more stable slots. You can keep your bags full.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    That is a great idea. I would love to clean my void storage and banks of all the low level greens I keep just in case I need a blue belt or something. Destroy everything, and keep only the skins.
    I wish I had a better understanding of the back end, because I just don't see how such a system is not possible. Right now a lot of the restrictions I think are caused by limited item id space, but surely they have a method that allows them to attach models simply by making model/texture id calls, as that's how the item ID gets the info in the first place and why some items overlap models and textures without requiring multiple of those models/textures.

It will probably never happen, but I wish, they would just make void storage unlimited and combine it with the transmog vendor.
    You would have a drop-down menu for every slot in the transmog window, where you can access everything in you voidstorage thats eligibly for
    transmogging that slot.

I don't think people who chose a class that wear a dress should be able to transmog their little dagger into a giant sword; that is just plain ridicuous.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 08:27 AM ----------

The grand marshal polearm and high warlord polearm are amazing polearms that were made for warriors and paladins in vanilla yet after 3-4 expansions; there are NO FUCKING POLEARMS WITH STRENGTH STATS.........

Heres a simple idea blizzard

2h sword
    2h mace
    2h axe
    2h pole arm

all share same stats !!!!!! give us our dam polearms with strength !!!!!!!

When it comes to restrictions, they should still exist, but they do need to be a bit more loose. I think any weapon of a comparable size should be open, but likely for now they will base it on animations. This means...

One-handed sword/axe/mace will be open.
    Two-handed sword/axe/mace will be open.
    Polearm and Staff will be open.

Daggers, Fist Weapons, Shields, Wands, and Off-Hands will likely still be type restricted.