Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Docdruid View Post
    Indeed, and I love the fact it is so easy to be Anti American this days, let's hate the "big fella", I don't pretend the US is perfect, but then again tell what country is?
    Iran might have the right to defend themselves, I don't deny their Independence, but when their "Independence" threatens me then I want someone to police them.
    No one likes the police until you need them, then all cry "Where's the Police", the US have been doing that infamous job, and when you say why the US can and not Iran, well see the US have all this flaws but they still have a working Democracy and they have safe fails in place (god help us all if this ever changes) so no religious maniac can get the lunch codes and start a world wide nuclear strike, Iran on the other hand is ruled by religious maniacs, people that tell you if you kill and "infidel" you win a spot in heaven... So yeah I don't want this country or any other country that lives under dictatorship or under Religious thumbs, I apologize to any hardcore religious people, but Religion has been one of the downfalls of mankind throughout history, mainly because of well Humankind, like communism, religion works well on paper until you add the human factor, then the power will corrupt, I think it was a US president that said "If you want to know the measure of a man, give him power" (this might not be the correct quote).

Anyway I can't pretend I have or know all the facts, but I do trust on the US to keep me safe, if you don't like it well it is your prerogative, but I am for sure pro US, guess makes me one crazy European.
    You're welcome to go anytime man.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Same principle really, but WAAAAAAY bigger, you could probably hitch a ride on it if you were brave or stupid enough.

pretty sure you could stuff a few people in there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    We only lose because we follow the rules of engagement at war time. If we actually went in to take a country over for lets say gasoline and went in with tru brute force and lack of cating for civilians do you really think we would lose. Its the problem with war today. There are no winners just destroyed regimes.
    Rules of engagement like napalming villages?

Mod Warning: Please be more respectful.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2012-12-04 at 08:32 PM.

Sweden is not perfect just lucky. If they actually had something people wanted or needed it wouldnt be so easy. Of course you can be like that and disappear from world views when most people couldnt figure out which of the three scandanavian countries it is. They only have to worry about themselves. Every country has its place in the world. Like it or not the US is the watch dog for the worlds behalf. Without the us half of Europe would be in an islamic state of rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    I get it now, the US tactic is to send drones in Iran and bury them in drones. One day, every iranian will have a battle drone, using them as toys around and not even knowing what to do with them.

Actually... the chinese/russians could reverse engineer it and get their own. They're not that stupid.
    Yea, because they have been successful doing it thus far. Oh wait...

Deleted
    Sweden is not perfect just lucky. If they actually had something people wanted or needed it wouldnt be so easy. Of course you can be like that and disappear from world views when most people couldnt figure out which of the three scandanavian countries it is. They only have to worry about themselves. Every country has its place in the world. Like it or not the US is the watch dog for the worlds behalf. Without the us half of Europe would be in an islamic state of rule.
    Lol how and where do you people get these ideas from?

And having kids shooting american troops is right. Of course we should have done more carpet bombing and not wasted us lives. If we went into vietnam and just laid waste to the entire area until they said ok we surrender the way we should have it would have saved countless us lives. Its simple to me but to me all is fair in war. We play to nice to try and make the world feel good and when you do that more lives are lost. No life is worth more than another from the civilian to the troops. If wiping out civilans ends a conflict faster you do it.

Deleted
    You are kidding right? Without the US reigning in half the EU countries these past few decades muslims would be slaughtered en masse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    When was the last time we dropped napalm on a village?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    And having kids shooting american troops is right. Of course we should have done more carpet bombing and not wasted us lives. If we went into vietnam and just laid waste to the entire area until they said ok we surrender the way we should have it would have saved countless us lives. Its simple to me but to me all is fair in war. We play to nice to try and make the world feel good and when you do that more lives are lost. No life is worth more than another from the civilian to the troops. If wiping out civilans ends a conflict faster you do it.
    What books did you study on...
    You -did- lay waste in Vietnam.

Man you have a technology advanced army, but most of your soldiers aren't well trained, they don't care, and don't have enough education to interact with other people.
    You win wars carpet bombing X country then sit there locked in a guerrilla for 8 years.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no international law against using napalm on military targets, and the ban against using it in civilian areas wasn't added to the Geneva Conventions until 1980. So yes, at the time, it was entirely justified following the RoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is so much...wrong in this post, and a tad bit of racism at the end, as I don't see why you found it necessary to refer to the Native Americans as "red Indians" but here is some more accurate info:
    We bombed Japan so as to avoid the continuation of the Pacific front of the war which would have cost both the Allied forces and Japanese forces millions of more lives. Japan was also given an ultimatum, warned that if they did not surrender they would face "the inevitable and complete destruction of the Japanese armed forces and just as inevitably the utter devastation of the Japanese homeland," which they decided to ignore, and though the Nuke wasn't clearly outlined as the object that would deliver this complete destruction, it number of casualties that resulted were minor (although horrific) when compared to the casualties that the Japanese invasion would have caused.

While the US did supply these weapons to Afghani forces, they did not supply the religious fervor and animosity to commit acts of terror against other. Some of the leaders may have been trained through American $, but you cannot attribute the progression of the organization into a terrorist threat to the US, at least to to the point that you seem to.

Personally, I doubt Iraq had access to nuclear weapons, though I do believe that they at some point did harbor or associate with the aforementioned terrorists, but as has been said multiple times in this thread, Iran is one of the few nations that have outwardly threatened another nation with a nuclear attack, so keeping an eye on them is not such a bad idea.

Also, being a True American is about a cultural ideal, not just geographical affiliation. We are Americans because of how we associate with each other, how we perceive and define ourselves, and nationality is not defined by ethnicity, not in the melting pot that is America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Nice attitude towards the world.
    And since you put it that way... unbeatable? You guys got your ass kicked in every single place you went to

Don't take it too personal, mine isnt a serious reply to a hopefully not serious post.
    As I said " you can feel powerless and offended" this is the way things work, it will not last forever, eventually there will be another superpower and the US will go the way of all other superpowers. The concept that Might makes right is the most basic principle in human civilization. It is true and has always been true. Odds are you live somewhere which was once apart of a superpower and during that point in history your nation could write it's own rules.

As for unbeatable. Numbers prove it, in every war the US has fought in since 1900, Americans had won every battle, killed more enemies that lost troops, usually in huge ratios.

1898 Spanish-American War: US won US Combat deaths 345, Spanish combat deaths 3560

1914-1918 World War I: Not going to give number of Dead only because the US was involved for a short amount of time compared to the rest of the warring parties..

1939-1945 World War II: Not giving numbers the data is skewed by Russian military deaths.

1950-1953 Korean War : US 178,698 dead or wounded includes allies numbers, Communist dead 367,283-750,282

1960-1975 Vietnam War: U.S 58,220 dead, North Vietnamese Dead 1,672,462

1990-1991 Persian Gulf War: Coalition dead 482 (lots do to friendly fire), Iraq Dead 20,000–35,000

2001 Afghanistan: Allied Dead (over 10 years) 3,229, Greater than 15,000 (sadly no reliable numbers)

2003 Iraq: United States and Coalition Forces dead (over 10 years) 21,428, Armed Iraqis dead 28,821–37,405

As I said the US is an unstoppable killing machine, but because of it's beliefs in avoiding Civilian Casualties we do not practice scorched earth.

Because you only need to look at history. One maniacally idiot almosf already took over all of europe till the us stepped in an saved your asses. Super powers have always shaped the world its the way history has unfolded. It may have been on a smaller scale due to technology but its the way it works. It only ends when the entire nation or in this case the world would have to do it. Stands up against the super power and eliminates them. Most of what the US does is in fear of a world nuke war. The less people with the power the better. One person may have good intentions but even with us one wacko could end the world if they started that type of war. Im glad theres a country still willing to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What books did you study on...
    You -did- lay waste in Vietnam.

Man you have a technology advanced army, but most of your soldiers aren't well trained, they don't care, and don't have enough education to interact with other people.
    You win wars carpet bombing X country then sit there locked in a guerrilla for 8 years.
    I get the sense you don't know what carpet bombing is, if that's what you think we do.

Deleted
    Because you only need to look at history. One maniacally idiot almosf already took over all of europe till the us stepped in an saved your asses. Super powers have always shaped the world its the way history has unfolded. It may have been on a smaller scale due to technology but its the way it works. It only ends when the entire nation or in this case the world would have to do it. Stands up against the super power and eliminates them. Most of what the US does is in fear of a world nuke war. The less people with the power the better. One person may have good intentions but even with us one wacko could end the world if they started that type of war. Im glad theres a country still willing to do it.
    Its that bullshit that pisses off the rest of the world, Some Americans here are giving some very intelligent and informed replies, then you come out with that crap.

The USA did not win WW2 for the rest of the world and did not save us from the evil Nazi's. It was a team effort that the USA would not have won alone.

Wait what , the US plays by the Geneva Convention , dude who the f are you kidding here right now ?
    The Convention states that the Palestinian lands should be given back , where is that ?
    Oh and if your so stupid you should read some about the Convention and how easy the US military has found loop holes to bomb / destroy what ever they want..
    There is enough videos / news posts written by people seen / done thing they shouldnt have. Few years back there was a video of how US Marine forces pee / burn / stab / jump on Afghani citizen bodies , HOW THE FUCK IS THAT MORAL or by the rules of the geneva convention ? Using lethal force in mid towns of Iraqi / Afghani or Bombing a village in Vietnam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Its that bullshit that pisses off the rest of the world, Some Americans here are giving some very intelligent and informed replies, then you come out with that crap.

The USA did not win WW2 for the rest of the world and did not save us from the evil Nazi's. It was a team effort that the USA would not have won alone.
    Yeah, plus the Russians actually had the greater part in weakening the Nazis prior to finally taking Berlin. That's not to diminish that the US played a role, and an important one, but it's not like we single-handedly won the war for the West.

Message Deleted
    Last edited by reboot-me; 2012-12-05 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Oh no, they found another one of our toy airplanes that they'll have no idea how to use or reproduce...

The Chinese should buy it so they can pretend they know what to do with it!
    Didnt Iran give the last drone they downed to China?