Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure thing "Dude"

Love your avatar!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just remember during the installation of the parts. Keep everything clean and tidy. It helps in the long run of things. I had to redo all of my wiring after buying a new CPU cooler. I found it quite the pain to get new stuff in with my previous job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the tip. I can't wait to give it a try. I've been watching a ton of videos on building computers. I'm not so much worried about the actual physical building part but rather the installation process afterwards (bios, drivers, etc) is what I'll be more worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by Boramir View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I can't wait to give it a try. I've been watching a ton of videos on building computers. I'm not so much worried about the actual physical building part but rather the installation process afterwards (bios, drivers, etc) is what I'll be more worried about.
    Sounds like you've made a solid start. The only main questions and the things you probably need to answer yourself is what type of gaming, how much gaming, and how many games do you play regularly? The reason I say this is because it could have bearing on the size of the SSD. My example is that in my current set up I have a 250gb SSD. With SWTOR, GW2, Assassins Creed 3, and Win8 is 115gb. Therefore if you are something similar to this in terms of gaming, you might think about going bigger on the SSD. That way you can add in the extra expansions, extra games, etc...

Also, if it is going to be your 1st time building a computer, the other main thing, IMO, to think about is the size of the case. Nothing at all wrong with a mid tower, but a full tower will provide you with more room to work with and as thus will make it easier to build, esp for a 1st time. However, the main thing to also answer in this is there a spot that the case needs to go and and do you have some size constraints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    The reason I say this is because it could have bearing on the size of the SSD.

Also, if it is going to be your 1st time building a computer, the other main thing, IMO, to think about is the size of the case. Nothing at all wrong with a mid tower, but a full tower will provide you with more room to work with and as thus will make it easier to build, esp for a 1st time. However, the main thing to also answer in this is there a spot that the case needs to go and and do you have some size constraints.
    I decided to hold off on an SSD to start but will most likely add one in later on.

No size constraints to speak of other than not wanting the case to be bigger than the desk it will be next to. I've already purchased all the parts and am now just waiting for the last few pieces to be delivered. The case I got should be big enough to house all my components (it's bigger than my current case by a fair margin but not too big).