Poll: Opinions?

Page 26 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Should father have any say about abortion?
    Yes, all the PARENTS (4) should have anything to say about aborting or not aborting UNDER the AGE of majority.
    In other cases, the couple is responsible for their acts, so they have to decide themselves.
    Last edited by C4tman; 2012-12-05 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Not at all. Both are claiming ownership over a child you both created.
    The fetus is in her body. You're telling her what she can do with her body. That isn't acceptable. At all.

How can anyone even begin to think that is ok?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow a lot of interesting things coming up in this thread O.o

Father shouldn't have a right to decide on an abortion because the woman has to carry it.

Father does have to pay child support though for babies kept. It takes two to tango Mr. and you are living with the consequences.

Mother doesn't want to carry the baby. It's your body and you can do what you want with it!

I'm not going to choose a side on this one but literally read posts with opinions like these back to back and I'm thinking omg the hypocrisy. O.o

Deleted
    Erghh this thread again

I simply think... No... men shouldnt, Why? The pain, suffering, and depression women go through to carry said baby from conception to delivery is baffling. There will be bad couples yes, they will have sex irregardless of birth control and blight the world with there stupidity but to judge the actions of the few (cough) on the many is stupidity.

Should the father have more say in the upraising of the child, instead of being the sterotypical breadwinner (Not always, but some people still hold the view) I'd say yes, i'd like to see them having maternal leave to see the birth/ raise there son and/ or daughter and give them a happy childhood.

(Sweden is doing very well regarding male rights to a relationship and parental leave, admirable there leading and others will soon hopefully follow)

Flame away at my view i guess if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The fetus is in her body. You're telling her what she can do with her body. That isn't acceptable. At all.

She is not solely responsible for it's creation, therefore she cannot unilaterally decide on it's destruction.

I don't care what she does with her body. I do, however, care what she does with my child.

Forcing someone to care for their child is not equatable to forcing a woman to bear a child with her body that she does not want.
    Drop the semantics. Forcing responsibility upon someone before or after the birth is still forced, regardless if it's under deceitful means or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post
    She is not solely responsible for it's creation, therefore she cannot unilaterally decide on it's destruction.
    Its. Her. Body.

Deleted
    No it doesn't. Not at all. One is financial support for a child you created. The other is claiming ownership over a woman's body.
    Keeping a child is claiming ownership over the mans life.

He would have to support the mother and child, give up on his freetime to care for the child, possibly change his job and it could change the whole outcome of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    Drop the semantics. Forcing responsibility upon someone before or after the birth is still forced, regardless if it's under deceitful means or not.
    Again, you're comparing having to care for your child with forcing someone to bear a child they do not want. Its fucking ridiculous.
    I don't care what she does with her body. I do, however, care what she does with my child.
    Its not a child until its born.

Quote Originally Posted by welcome2life View Post
    Father does have to pay child support though for babies kept. It takes two to tango Mr. and you are living with the consequences.

Mother doesn't want to carry the baby. It's your body and you can do what you want with it!
    First you say "it takes two to tango", then you say that only the father has to live with the consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think men should have a say about abortion but then again where I live some (not all) men don't care about babies and will deny there children leaving women to bear the pain of raising babies by themselves or the women see a baby as a "life ending move" and decided to abort the baby without the father knowing so...this idea of abortion rights is a lose lose situation :\

Keeping a child is claiming ownership over the mans life.
    Not in any way shape or form. He can do whatever he likes so long as he pays for the child he created. You're saying that equitable to forcing a woman to bear a child with her body that she does not want.

Its. Her. Body.
    Actually, it's IN her body. It's not part of her body. So I propose to you people again. If she has unilateral rights, she has unilateral responsibility.
    Keep The Beats!

No it doesn't. Not at all. One is financial support for a child you created. The other is claiming ownership over a woman's body.
    Ok, and what if the woman is the one that makes the money? Then what sexist angle are you going to use?

Its not a child until its born.
    So you support abortions at eight months?

Its. Her. Body.
    Her. Egg.

And. His. Sperm.

Combined. To. Make. THEIR. Fetus.

I would leave it up to the girl myself... If she chooses to have it then i would stand by her, if not then thats her choice
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    So you support abortions at eight months?
    I support elective abortion until viability.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 05:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post
    Her. Egg.

And. His. Sperm.

Combined. To. Make. THEIR. Fetus.
    You're literally advocating a form of slavery.