Poll: Opinions?

Page 94 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    aborting someones child is akin to murder and destruction of property regardless of it being her body. again this is a catch 22. she has the right to control her body but not at the cost of denying a father his child.
    A clump of cells that is unwanted is a parasite in the womans body.

Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    tough shit use the pill next time. once she is preg THEY should both have a say in an abortion. fair is fair they took the risk THEY both have 50% say in wether she can have an abortion.
    No, would you want someone to perform operations on you against your will?
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2012-12-11 at 03:24 AM.

Man should have the final say ALWAYS, since at the moment, women hold all the chips. If they want to have the baby, it should be their fcking job to do all the paying for it. Time and time again I have seen baby crazy trash lie about being on the pill and trick hard working men into supporting them through child support.

Someone explain to me how this is fair?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Man should have the final say ALWAYS, since at the moment, women hold all the chips. If they want to have the baby, it should be their fcking job to do all the paying for it. Time and time again I have seen baby crazy trash lie about being on the pill and trick hard working men into supporting them through child support.
    Why should they have the final say? It's not their body that is subject to the toll of a pregnancy nor an abortion. Why do you mention people who deceive their sexual partners? Not everyone does that, should they change something just because some people abuse the system? I don't believe they should change it so men have the final say just because some abuse the system.

A better option would be giving the man the option of opting out from child support.

Someone explain to me how this is fair?
    It isn't fair. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Why should they have the final say? It's not their body that is subject to the toll of a pregnancy nor an abortion. Why do you mention people who deceive their sexual partners? Not everyone does that, should they change something just because some people abuse the system? I don't believe they should change it so men have the final say just because some abuse the system.

A better option would be giving the man the option of opting out from child support.
    I mention it because men don't have the ability to abuse the system. Women do, and they do it constantly. If someone is having a man's child, there is absolutely nothing he can do to prevent it.

You've had final say for such a long time. We should at least see how it works when the rolls are reversed for a change. I definitely agree that men should be able to opt out of paying child support if he is firmly against having the child.

Deleted
    I mention it because men don't have the ability to abuse the system. Women do, and they do it constantly. If someone is having a man's child, there is absolutely nothing he can do to prevent it.
    Women do it constantly? Just because a few do it, then WOMEN do it constantly? Please.

You've had final say for such a long time. We should at least see how it works when the rolls are reversed for a change.
    So you basically want to control another humans body? That won't go down well with most western countries populations you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Women do it constantly? Just because a few do it, then WOMEN do it constantly? Please.

So you basically want to control another humans body? That won't go down well with most western countries populations you know.
    You should look up child support statistics before saying "Oh Please". 50% qualifies as constantly in my book. Does that make sense to you? Obviously if 50% of American women are choosing to keep the baby but are unable to produce the income required to take care of it, they should have the choice taken away from them all together.

Sorry if basic logic makes me seem like a cold hearted person.

Good thing misogyny's not really a thing at all.

(Sarcasm, in case it's somehow unclear.)

50% qualifies as constantly in my book.
    What's this 50% number represent and what's your source for that percentage?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's shocking that anyone who would even condone abortion would support a man being able to MAKE a woman have a child. I can understand those that don't believe in abortion since, well, they dont believe in it. Anyone else are beyond hypocritical.

And no, 'it's broken so lets keep it broken, just reverse it' isn't logical, it's ridiculous. FIXING the system is what should happen, not fuck over one sex just because they had the upper hand for so long. I mean take 2 seconds, think about history, and see if that would have been even slightly positive in the past. Men should have lost the right to vote, whites should have become slaves for a couple of generations, straight people shouldn't have the option of marriage. Really now...

Quote Originally Posted by taurvanhiel View Post
    What's this 50% number represent and what's your source for that percentage?
    "According to Custodial Mothers and Fathers and Their Child Support: 2009, a report released by the U.S. Census Bureau in December, 2011:

-Among the 13.7 million custodial parents in the U.S. In 2009, 50.6% of them had some type of child support agreement in place.

-54.9% of custodial single mothers were awarded child support in 2010."

Understanding statistics poorly isn't a good way to make an argument.

"According to Custodial Mothers and Fathers and Their Child Support: 2009, a report released by the U.S. Census Bureau in December, 2011:

-Among the 13.7 million custodial parents in the U.S. In 2009, 50.6% of them had some type of child support agreement in place.

-54.9% of custodial single mothers were awarded child support in 2010."
    What percentage of those custodial mothers were single at the time of conception or birth? Custodial mothers that are single due to divorce or separation can't be counted towards the percentage you're using for your "constant abuse" theory, unless you can prove the source of the separation was disagreement over the choice to carry the child.

Of course the father should have no say, men have no rights and shouldn't have any, to make up for when women didn't.

Right?

RIGHT?!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Understanding statistics poorly isn't a good way to make an argument.
    Leeching child support because 54% of mothers are unable to handle what they signed up for is apparently A-OK.

Leeching child support because 54% of mothers are unable to handle what they signed up for is apparently A-OK.
    This pretty well covers it:

Quote Originally Posted by taurvanhiel View Post
    What percentage of those custodial mothers were single at the time of conception or birth? Custodial mothers that are single due to divorce or separation can't be counted towards the percentage you're using for your "constant abuse" theory, unless you can prove the source of the separation was disagreement over the choice to carry the child.

Or the flipside...

Guys refusing to pay child support because they can't handle what they signed up for (the sex part) is apparently A-OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bullshit. You have no right to financial autonomy. At best that's property rights which are far from absolute.
    I would say that you don't have a right to total financial autonomy, but you have a right financial autonomy for most cases.

Deleted
    You should look up child support statistics before saying "Oh Please". 50% qualifies as constantly in my book. Does that make sense to you? Obviously if 50% of American women are choosing to keep the baby but are unable to produce the income required to take care of it, they should have the choice taken away from them all together.

Sorry if basic logic makes me seem like a cold hearted person.
    USA isn't the only country you know. You said WOMEN, not WOMEN IN USA.

And no, 50% isn't constantly.

From Sweden, blue represent single parents, both women(although they're at around 80% of it.) and men. It's divided among 0-5 years old, 6-12 year old and 13-17 years old. The yellow is where there is an original parent and then a step-father or step-mother.

Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2012-12-11 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This pretty well covers it:
    But, do you see how the answer is in the statement itself? If the women are the custodial parents, is it not blatantly obvious that the father more than likely does not want to have custody over the child? If he is deemed as an unfit parent, I can confidently say that I doubt it was his idea to go through with the pregnancy in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    IMHO I find unbelieveably unfair that woman can have an abortion without the consent of the father
    Unfair? UNFAIR???

It's her body. Just like your body is yours. Deal with it.

Blame God, blame nature, blame whatever damn you want, but that is how nature is. Women get to give birth, for good and bad, like it or not, but oit is the woman that can give birth. That is unfair, but you have to deal with it. It's still her body, not yours, not "society's", not "mankind's", not "the government's". It is hers.

And yours is yours. If you don't accept that hers is hers, you effectively legitimize anyone saying that your body could belong to the government or whatever. No, yours is yours..