Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm a warrior and I had huge trouble with the enrage timer on Ahoo'ru until I noticed you can spell reflect the whole divine circle onto Ahoo'ru himself by just standing in the middle of the circle and waiting for them to reach you. When they get close just pop spell reflection and all the orbs should be applied to ahoo'ru instead. By doing this my dps increased drastically and I killed him on 2nd go. Don't know if it's considered an exploit but I dont see why it should be...

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I've only had issues with Hexos (my mouse is garbage) and Ahoo'ru of the new ones. I 2 shot Nibbleh because I got stuck in a corner after forgetting to put walk on. I died once to the ground smash guy because I didn't have a stun up to stop the instakill one.
    Grats. I've watched several people in 520+ gear die to Nibbleh for hours.

Naturally, your mileage may vary with class, gear, and various other factors.
    Chiqaboom / Proudmoore-US

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    I'm a warrior and I had huge trouble with the enrage timer on Ahoo'ru until I noticed you can spell reflect the whole divine circle onto Ahoo'ru himself by just standing in the middle of the circle and waiting for them to reach you. When they get close just pop spell reflection and all the orbs should be applied to ahoo'ru instead. By doing this my dps increased drastically and I killed him on 2nd go. Don't know if it's considered an exploit but I dont see why it should be...
    Considering you are one of 2 classes(war/hunter) that can even fathom a kill of Ahoo'ru at the moment i'd go ahead and say it is not intended to be able to cheese the fight like that. After a fix goes out though on him and his lol3-12stackorbs or angels of bug i'd expect them to look into warriors and hunters on that fight, but for now until they address the problems all other classes are having you can have fun with your free class kill.

Deleted
    Ahoo'ru's orbs have been fixed now, on EU servers at least. Glad to get that done with!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Considering you are one of 2 classes(war/hunter) that can even fathom a kill of Ahoo'ru at the moment i'd go ahead and say it is not intended to be able to cheese the fight like that. After a fix goes out though on him and his lol3-12stackorbs or angels of bug i'd expect them to look into warriors and hunters on that fight, but for now until they address the problems all other classes are having you can have fun with your free class kill.
    Now if only they could fix Razorgrin for melee. =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I have to get all the questitems for the card achievement on the same character?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    Do I have to get all the questitems for the card achievement on the same character?
    yes you do

Anyone else having trouble with Ahoo'ru? Phase 2 seems to be bugged. I'm running through 1 orb and it's somehow detonating 4-5.

I'm hoping this gets fixed today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    This is insane. Hexos is INSANE, This one need a serious nerf, this is the hardest mob in the entire Brawler, and make Disruption look easy. No idea what Blizzard was thinking here.
    Really? You have problem with this? Oh dear, I went for it last night, two times with out dpsing, just to see how my sense would work in the environment. On the third pull I nuked the shit down and completed the fight. It's actually really easy, and it should Not be nerfed. Learn the fight, take it slow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    I don't know what planet you live on but I've seen almost every class kill him on my server a week ago. The one's I've personally witnessed while waiting for queues other than war/hunter are rogue, mage, shaman, warlock and monk, others I've seen with the mount leading to them having killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    Anyone have tips for Mingus Diggs as a hunter? Am I forced to go BM for this?
    I did the fight in BM and the enrage is really really tight. I will copy my post on WoW forum i just did the same tips on Mingus Diggs to someone over there.

Here are some tips for you, i barely beat the enrage but seems pretty doable if ur in Heroic raid gears which i wasn't.

At the start stand at 1 Totem (thus disable 1). Pop all cds and burn the one next to it. By the time u burst this down, the debuff from the one u killed does minimum damage. Then u start moving between the other 3. Make sure u focus 1 target.

Dots them all up with Stings, Silencing shot works (I save my reset cds and use 2 Silencing one 1 totem far away = 6s silent, debuff last 5s so it should drop). Usually i use it on the 2nd one after the 1 i burn. Then the rest is pretty much easy.

Focus the 3rd one, moving between them (stand 5s, move to the other) at this point, just do as much dps as u can.

I suggest spec in Aminal Bond and using Glyph of Liberation, any bit of heal works.

Exhi is a bad choice imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandine View Post
    I did the fight in BM and the enrage is really really tight. I will copy my post on WoW forum i just did the same tips on Mingus Diggs to someone over there.

Here are some tips for you, i barely beat the enrage but seems pretty doable if ur in Heroic raid gears which i wasn't.

At the start stand at 1 Totem (thus disable 1). Pop all cds and burn the one next to it. By the time u burst this down, the debuff from the one u killed does minimum damage. Then u start moving between the other 3. Make sure u focus 1 target.

Dots them all up with Stings, Silencing shot works (I save my reset cds and use 2 Silencing one 1 totem far away = 6s silent, debuff last 5s so it should drop). Usually i use it on the 2nd one after the 1 i burn. Then the rest is pretty much easy.

Focus the 3rd one, moving between them (stand 5s, move to the other) at this point, just do as much dps as u can.

I suggest spec in Aminal Bond and using Glyph of Liberation, any bit of heal works.

Exhi is a bad choice imo.
    What ilvl are you? At 515 ilvl I can get the last statue down to 1.2m as BM before the enrage lands on me :/

Quote Originally Posted by MatteoG View Post
    What ilvl are you? At 515 ilvl I can get the last statue down to 1.2m as BM before the enrage lands on me :/
    I'm not quite sure but i was around 520ish

I killed Ahoo'Ru over a week ago now, as an Elemental Shaman. I may have more gear than few people, but I still wasn't even close to the enrage. I didn't know about the grounding totem thing as well, so I was taking ~3 stacks for each ball phase that came out.

I just stacked 3 of the angels together and killed them around the same time and got 3 charges at once. I had about 1:20 going into the actual boss phase.

Hexos is annoying me at the minute... I can reliably get to the enrage but I just don't have the dps. I'm a priest with disc MS, and ~522 gear - but it doesn't give me good shadow dps unfortunately. Simcraft has me about 94k with self-buffs only (I'm getting 87k - can't get much more than that on a dummy either :/); now just to get people who are not warriors/dks into the arena on my CRZ so that I can get rid of the last 10-15%.

Or I'll just gear up my shaman/lock.

I worry that the latter is the easier solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    According to statistics in the Brawler arena, most bosses have like

Boss 100 - 70 Player
    or
    Boss 40 - Player 20
    or even
    Boss 80 - Player 90

On the rank 8 and 9 bosses.

BUT

HEXOS has

Boss 1600-100 Player

This is insane. Hexos is INSANE, This one need a serious nerf, this is the hardest mob in the entire Brawler, and make Disruption look easy. No idea what Blizzard was thinking here.
    I bet a decent amount are keyboard turners and/or do not have enough DPS to win. Hexos took me about 3 tries, the first two were mainly getting use to how I have to move my character. Having reached rank 10 and having beaten the special rank 8 bosses before patch 5.2 I believe that Disruptron and Ahoo'ru were harder by leaps and bounds, just my opinion though.

Calling for nerfs already? Learn the encounter. Hexos is the gatekeeper for rank 8 and 9. If you can't get past him, you don't deserve the rewards (see: mount) that follow afterwards.

He's incredibly easy, and has a single mechanic. "Turn your character". Nerfing him to allow you to have 2, or even 3 mistakes, is not in the spirit of the encounter, or the game that this boss is paying homage too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    Calling for nerfs already? Learn the encounter. Hexos is the gatekeeper for rank 8 and 9. If you can't get past him, you don't deserve the rewards (see: mount) that follow afterwards.

He's incredibly easy, and has a single mechanic. "Turn your character". Nerfing him to allow you to have 2, or even 3 mistakes, is not in the spirit of the encounter, or the game that this boss is paying homage too.
    Yeah because it's not annoying to have 500k health left on the boss with 30 seconds left on the enrage and barely clipping a side and dying instantly. That's happened to me several times. Yes he's easy but it doesn't require any strategy or good playing unless you count good playing by being able to monitor and do your rotation correctly while having no chance to look at your keys. I play as balance and I had to go download balance power tracker so I could move my balance bar to the middle of my screen as where it is in the default UI made it IMPOSSIBLE to do a correct rotation while not looking at it. No boss fight should require me to download addons and customize my UI so I can actually complete it. The fight is stupidly designed. Do 100k DPS while not looking at your bars or CD timers while spinning through this maze. It should be: Survive for 2 minutes and you win. No DPS necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Yeah because it's not annoying to have 500k health left on the boss with 30 seconds left on the enrage and barely clipping a side and dying instantly. That's happened to me several times. Yes he's easy but it doesn't require any strategy or good playing unless you count good playing by being able to monitor and do your rotation correctly while having no chance to look at your keys. I play as balance and I had to go download balance power tracker so I could move my balance bar to the middle of my screen as where it is in the default UI made it IMPOSSIBLE to do a correct rotation while not looking at it. No boss fight should require me to download addons and customize my UI so I can actually complete it. The fight is stupidly designed. Do 100k DPS while not looking at your bars or CD timers while spinning through this maze. It should be: Survive for 2 minutes and you win. No DPS necessary.
    Then get better? There's no difference from the first 500k to the last 500k. Finish the fight to completion. You're essentially asking for a nerf because of bad play, rather than overpowered or broken mechanics. You do realize this?

Brawler's Guild is a gimmick, and features gimmick encounters. Jumping over beams? Creating a circuit to overload a robot? Navigating a geometry maze? All gimmicks that don't require any sort of "strategy". If you want something strategy based, raid.

If you have to look at your keys to DPS, that is not the encounters problem. Set up your keybinds in a way that you don't have to look at your keyboard. His enrage timer is not so tight that you have to play a perfect rotation, even as Balance.

Your rationale for the nerfs is nauseating. "I can't do this because my UI is bad, I have to look at my keyboard, and I died in the last 5% instead of the first 5% a lot."

In fact, I would absolutely call "Good play" the ability to "monitor and do your rotation correctly while having no chance to look at your keys".

When describing bad play to someone, I will forward them to this post.
    Last edited by Shaley; 2013-06-04 at 05:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adurp View Post
    I killed Ahoo'Ru over a week ago now, as an Elemental Shaman. I may have more gear than few people, but I still wasn't even close to the enrage. I didn't know about the grounding totem thing as well, so I was taking ~3 stacks for each ball phase that came out.

I just stacked 3 of the angels together and killed them around the same time and got 3 charges at once. I had about 1:20 going into the actual boss phase.
    Got him on my first attempt, too. I'm a warlock.
    It's really not like only warriors and hunters could kill him.